Don't have an account? Create one!

Plastic Surgery

AuthorMessage
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
September 14th, 2007 at 03:11am
I'm pretty against plastic surgery for personal reasons, but that really just pertains to myself - if someone else wants to do it, whatever, it's their body, they can do what they want with it. And if someone was injured and disfigured, or born with a disfigurement they want to change, whatever, go for it. It ain't my body.

But boob implants? Come on. You don't need big boobs, or even boobs at all if you're female, to be sexy. C'mon, look at Keira Knightly; flat-chested as could be, and hella hot.

My father was trying to get me to 'fix' my nose all the time, a while ago. It was insulting that he felt he needed to help 'perfect' my image, and I didn't want to. I like my nose, even the part he wants fixed, which is a half-circle scar upon it. I like my scar, and if someone else doesn't, they'll just have to deal with it. *steps off soapbox*
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
October 8th, 2007 at 09:46pm
How do you feel about plastic surgery?
Is there anything you want done?
Can it go too far?

Personally there is times where we all think our boobs are to small, we need a nose job etc
We all at sometime think about "going under the knife"

I think people who have plastic surgery are insecure people who need that extra boost to make them more confident.

If your happy with the way you look then that's so amazing. Clap I wish that everyone felt like that.
I wish that i myself felt confident all the time.

You are what you are and if you want to change that by getting plastic surgery then think long and hard and don't do it when your still in your teens you might regret it.

whatever your decision i hope that you all are happy and confident with your bodies with or without surgery. It's you that has to live with you so don't care what other people think or say behind your back there probably insecure themselves; just make sure your happy.
DhaniCauldwell
Killjoy
DhaniCauldwell
October 8th, 2007 at 11:33pm
I feel that if you need plastic surgery, then go ahead and get it. I think some people go overboard (i.e. Michael Jackson) and need to be stopped. But, if you're a woman who's had a few children then I see nothing wrong with getting a tummy tuck. I also see nothing wrong with a child getting a nose job if (in the case of one of my best friends) if they were hit with a kickball in the face and their nose became crooked. ^_^
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
October 9th, 2007 at 10:22am
pwoplw that are insercure are starting to really tick me off and there always going on about plastic surgery and tbh its really beginning to REALLY tick me off lmao... o i sed that alreadyy...erm yea well still your all good looking in your own way maybe if your finding it hard to lose weight ge liposuction... but nothing else should reeally be there... alougth there are breast implants >_< yea (Y) erm..... moving on look a MJ (micheal jackson) he looked cool as a black kid and decided to change not only his skin colour but his look completely he looks like a Flipping retard now... ugh i just wish people could get on with there lives.... Disgust
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
pwoplw that are insercure are starting to really tick me off and there always going on about plastic surgery and tbh its really beginning to REALLY tick me off lmao... o i sed that alreadyy...erm yea well still your all good looking in your own way maybe if your finding it hard to lose weight ge liposuction... but nothing else should reeally be there... alougth there are breast implants >_< yea (Y) erm..... moving on look a MJ (micheal jackson) he looked cool as a black kid and decided to change not only his skin colour but his look completely he looks like a Flipping retard now... ugh i just wish people could get on with there lives.... Disgust
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
October 9th, 2007 at 10:23am
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 9th, 2007 at 10:49am
Firstly, KraZer, can you please spell check before you make posts? It would help others comprehend what you're trying to get across.

Anyway, I think that there are people who genuinely need plastic surgery, for example, if they need reconstruction on a body part etc, or even women who need a breast reduction due to the pain their large breasts may cause them... but some people abuse it. I get annoyed when I see older people getting a boob job/face lift etc. just because they want to look younger. They are very insecure, and usually they end up looking more horrible.

Some people need to get familiar with the term 'to age gracefully'
Rolling Eyes
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 9th, 2007 at 09:49pm
How do you feel about plastic surgery?

I don't personally have a major problem with plastic surgery myself.
If you're really miserable about your looks, and you feel that plastic surgery will make you feel more confident and happier then go for it; no one deserves to spend their life miserable because of their looks.

Although I do think people should accept their age, and not try to look younger.
Sure, go and use anti-wrinkle cream, or night cream.
But you don't need that face lift.
You can still be 60 and beautiful.

And I'm all for it if you're in an accident and want to reconstruct your appearance; I know I would.

Is there anything you want done?

Nope.
I'm lucky to say I'm pretty happy with myself.
I'm surrounded by positive people though, which helps.
I know that when I went through a period of getting bullied, I was terribly insecure of my looks, and thought plastic surgery would make me look 'normal and pretty'.

But when the bullying stopped, and I made new friends, who made me feel a lot better about myself, all those insecurities pretty much went.
I mean, obviously I have 'i-wish-my-boobs-were-bigger' and 'fat days'.

But other than that, I'm alright with myself.

I think anyone considering surgery should first think about their company and friends, and see if they're making you doubt your appearance.

[b]Can it go too far?[b]

Defiantly.
The problem is with people who get surgery is they're insecure.
Once they had the surgey, they'll only find something else to be insecure about.
And it'll go on and on.

And they'll never be happy with themselves.

Also, some people just take it too far.
Jackie Stallone for example.
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
October 11th, 2007 at 02:16am
i think one of the major things about cosmetic plastic surgery [i have nothing against plastic surgery for medical reasons, like burns vicims etc.] is that it makes everyone a certain type of cliche stereotypical beauty. this i think reinforces the views of beauty in our society that are unrealistic and harsh on young people especailly and lead to various mental and eating disorders etc. i think this is a problem with plastic surgery but i am not really sure what can be done about it, the main thing would be to not stop the plastic surgey necessarily but to help with the bullying and unrelaistic expectations and pressure that are related to western ideals of beauty.
plastic surgery can also easily go too far through insecurity-that woman who tried to make herself look like barbie.
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
October 12th, 2007 at 08:21pm
This is ok if you for example have been in an accident and your face looks so horrible that people do not even reckonize you anymore. But the whole botox/HUGE boobs -thing is something I`m against. Or not against in an agressive way, but I just find it stupid as hell.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 13th, 2007 at 01:56pm
Okay. I had my consultation for what I need to have done yesterday. Mine is *not* a cosmetic procedure, it's a medically necessary one. I want to make sure that point is well established. But my views have changed A LOT since my appointment yesterday.

I went into the office and it was like stepping into a day spa. We're talking Ikea and Pier 1 Imports everywhere. The place itself was gorgeous and very classy. Candles everywhere and nice Zen music playing. That in and of itself was not so bad.

But what angered me was that all over the place were these pamphlets basically telling me that I "need" to be unhappy about my looks! There were at least 4 different brands of very expensive skin care products guaranteed to stave off wrinkles and keep me young forever. ANYTHING that I could possibly be unhappy about -- there's a quick fix! Right there! I but needed to ask and I could have walked out of there with probably 8 different kinds of injections and been set up with appointments for several different procedures. Who cares about how God made me? This guy can make me better! Seriously, I was reading about things that I didn't even know I was supposed to be worried about!

It's like they cater to women's insecurities. And that's what I don't like at all.

The whole thing left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. I mean, I'm going to go back, if my insurance agrees that I need my procedure, I will have it done. The surgeon himself was very kind, very understanding of my need and took plenty of time to explain to me what he would do, how I would look when I was done, and what the healing process would be, including scars I might have. But the process of aging is a beautiful, natural one. We are human and only meant to be around for so long.

Part of what made my great-grandmother so beautiful to me was her age. I could never have loved her as much if her face were fake and her body held together by silicone and Botox. She would not have been as pure and as real as she was.

I myself have started the process. My body doesn't do as much as it used to. I had a cartwheel contest with the kids at my program and fell and hurt myself because I'm just not young anymore, and I just can't do all the things I used to. I don't have any wrinkles yet, but they'll come in time, and that's okay. I don't have any grey hairs yet (amazingly) but they'll come too, in time, and eventually be so that I'll stop dyeing my hair and just let it come naturally. And that's okay. That's what I'm meant to do. That's what we're all meant to do.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 13th, 2007 at 02:10pm
[quote="psychochip"]Part of what made my great-grandmother so beautiful to me was her age. I could never have loved her as much if her face were fake and her body held together by silicone and Botox. She would not have been as pure and as real as she was.

[quote]

I think that's what people with insecurities forget; your beautifulness can shine who through you are.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
[quote="Atchoo."][quote="psychochip"]Part of what made my great-grandmother so beautiful to me was her age. I could never have loved her as much if her face were fake and her body held together by silicone and Botox. She would not have been as pure and as real as she was.

[/size=90]I think that's what people with insecurities forget; your beautifulness can shine who through you are.
[/size]
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
Atchoo.:
Atchoo.:
psychochip:
Part of what made my great-grandmother so beautiful to me was her age. I could never have loved her as much if her face were fake and her body held together by silicone and Botox. She would not have been as pure and as real as she was.

I think that's what people with insecurities forget; your beautifulness can shine who through you are.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
[quote="Atchoo."][quote="Atchoo."][quote="Atchoo."]
psychochip:

the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 13th, 2007 at 08:47pm
I think plastic surgery is a little pointless. I think its fine if someone has an extreme problem but if someone is just making small adjustments on their face, breasts and such, then its stupid. I have seen some people who have large bumps on their nose and other obviously noticable flaws. I think that is fine if they get plastic surgery because it can boost their self esteem. I just don't like the fact that people are obsessed with getting plastic surgery and have had almost everything done to themselves.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 14th, 2007 at 12:24am
The media is to blame for a lot of insecurities I feel.

If we didn't have 'perfect' celebrities plastered everyone, that have been airbrushed/had their hair done/make up PERFECT everywhere, I think people would feel more happier with themselves.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 14th, 2007 at 03:50am
^ Thats true.
And all the makeover shows that people watch have a big impact.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 14th, 2007 at 01:26pm
Reject.:
^ Thats true.
And all the makeover shows that people watch have a big impact.

Those programmes irritate me.
Especially the ones where they're made to look like celebrities!
Evil or Very Mad