Emcee
January 17th, 2007 at 03:00pm
oh, okay. Very Happy
Naughtville
Bleeding on the Floor
Naughtville
January 17th, 2007 at 03:05pm
I feel calm about death.
I'd rather not die soon, but I'm not afraid to die.
Rather, I'm afraid of how I'll die.

Death to me, is an adventure awaiting.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
January 17th, 2007 at 11:56pm
San_:
everyone using the cliché "there just can't be nothing" are naive.
you lose your brainfunctions, meaning you're not conscious anymore. hell, YOU are not anymore. please tell me why oh WHY should there be anything.
perhaps your parents told you.

not meaning to be offensive, or personal. whatever.
See. This is what I was thinking...but I was just wondering what exactly happens when your brain shuts down. Do you just see black? But then again, it's not like you'll ever remember anything. o_O And what about these so called spirits? Are they real?
*bangs head on desk*
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 18th, 2007 at 07:27pm
Honestly i don't believe in heaven and hell. You can't just simply say if a person's good a bad, that's so f-ing stereotypical. Every person is both good and bad.
There's a really awesome movie called "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" and every person who dies gets to pick their own heaven (like there was this little girl who died in a fire and her heaven was near water) and you get to meet five people and each one will teach you a lesson that you needed to learn during your life... and then you get reunited with the ones you loved... My mom thought the movie was depressing, but i think it's really awesome.

When your brain shuts down, you don't see or feel anything (just like when you fall asleep).
What about conservation of energy? A friend of mine brought up a very interesting topic: the conservayion of energy - no matter is either created or destroyed during any reaction. So when a person dies, the energy from them goes somewhere else... but where?????????!!!!!!!
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 18th, 2007 at 10:12pm
^That would be the conservation of MATTER, not energy.
It states that no matter is ever created or desroyed; the makeup of anything comes from something else.

The easiest example I can use is compost.
Compost is used to grow vegetables, then, losing it's nutrients to those vegetables, becomes dirt.
The veggies that have been grown, are eaten or used, and the scraps are thrown out.
The scraps then rot and become compost again.

The conservation of matter theory is the same.
Everything that is created, is made from pre-existing matter - molecules, atoms, etc.
Everything that dies or is destroyed, is not truly destroyed - it's building blocks are used to make something else.

Except in cases of nuclear fission, I believe.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 18th, 2007 at 10:36pm
I'm not good at science, ok? Embarassed Even though I've always had an A. This is exactly what we're studying this year. I took a really hard test today Mr. Green

Anyways, back on topic. What do you think about the movie I just talked about?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 18th, 2007 at 10:45pm
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being catty or anything,
I just wanted to clarify a misconception. Wink

The movie sounds interesting.
Not particularly interesting to ME, but interesting as an idea.
It would push pre-concieved notions of death and the afterlife,
and would probably be a message of hope to those who have the beliefs to back it.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 18th, 2007 at 11:16pm
There is another awsome movie coming out 2007/8 called "The Lovely Bones". It is the screen play of a book about a girl who gets murdered and watches down from heaven. It is really interesting, becuase I wish that heaven is like that. When I die I just hope there is something.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 18th, 2007 at 11:32pm
the.sound.of.black:
There is another awsome movie coming out 2007/8 called "The Lovely Bones". It is the screen play of a book about a girl who gets murdered and watches down from heaven. It is really interesting, becuase I wish that heaven is like that. When I die I just hope there is something.

Really? I can't wait to see that. I love sad/dying/afterlife movies.
I also can't wait to see "Blood and Chocolate", but that's off topic.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
January 19th, 2007 at 07:08am
I don't think too much about it. I think when I die, I'll live in an afterlife of some sort and it will be whatever I imagined it to be. I don't feel the need to analyze anything more about it. Smile
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 19th, 2007 at 07:12am
I'm not scared of death.
Rather, I'm scared of my loved ones dying.

Death is, has always been, will always be, one of life's greatest mysteries.
Yet, it's a bit of a contradiction.
Life, the opposite to death, holds its mystery.

Of course, I'm rambling about something most of you probably wouldn't understand.
^^,
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
January 19th, 2007 at 01:38pm
^^ I think it makes sense. and I agree, it is pretty contradictory. I think it's going to be like a lot of trials you face in life, where it's like you freak out about what might happen, and then it turns out to not really be a big deal. kind of like Y2K sort of thing. everyone was like oh no! the world is going to end! and nothing happened except a new year. so maybe it'll be like, not scary at all. it'll be peaceful, and everything we wanted it to be. or not anything like what we expected it, and it'll be a pleasant surprise.
Corruption
Killjoy
Corruption
January 19th, 2007 at 02:15pm
I dont fear death at all. I feel that when i die, things will be better off. But there are times when i get really depressed and break down, those are the times i truely want to die. But im here, and i dont plan on leaving anytime soon.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 19th, 2007 at 06:09pm
I'm not scared either. I'm just scared that the people who love me will be really upset.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
January 19th, 2007 at 08:40pm
I've always liked the more spiritual ideas of what happens after we die, as oppose to the more scientific explainations.

I think that The Black Parade idea is a nice one actually. I like the idea of death coming for you in the form of a memory, or how you want it to.

No matter how long you live, that amount of time is nothing compared to eternity, so I don't like the idea of Hell. Eternal suffering because you were a bad person for what? 80 years or less?

I like the idea of one, single place for the souls to go, whether good or bad - as our personallities cannot be deciphered in the short amount of time our lives take up.
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
January 21st, 2007 at 03:49am
I am not afraid to die it is a natural thing everyone is gonna die someday . i belive that after death my spirit will go to antother human being .
XxCemetarydrivExX
Killjoy
XxCemetarydrivExX
January 21st, 2007 at 12:02pm
mi gma just passed away two weeks ago and i cant accept the fact i believe in after life and all but it just freaks me out
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 21st, 2007 at 01:45pm
i think its stupid that people are afraid to die the only thing that scares me is how im going to die
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 21st, 2007 at 01:47pm
[quote="Kathryn."][size=80]I've always liked the more spiritual ideas of what happens after we die, as oppose to the more scientific explainations.

i totally agree just because something cant be explained doesnt mean it doesnt exist!
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 21st, 2007 at 01:49pm
My name is......:
Kathryn.:
[size=80]I've always liked the more spiritual ideas of what happens after we die, as oppose to the more scientific explainations.
[/size]

i totally agree just because something cant be explained doesnt mean it doesnt exist!

it was meant to look like that