Don't have an account? Create one!

Death and Afterlife

AuthorMessage
disenchanted romance
Awake and Unafraid
disenchanted romance
August 16th, 2008 at 05:56am
i find death kinda interesting. i think i can handle it & i'm not afraid to die. life is unfair that's why some of us die easy some of us don't. and to quote virginia woolf in the movie the hours 'what happens when we die? we return to the place that we came from. i don't remember where i came from. nor do i'
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
August 21st, 2008 at 12:37am
I think that, the only reason why people are scared is, not that they're going to die, because its just inevitable, but more of the fact that they don't know whats going to happen to them after.

It's terrifying not to have control of your future, or control of when you want things to happen.

Its also scary to think whats going to happen with the world after the end of it.

Would there be another earth? Would we still be human? Would we meet the same people? Would we remember anything at all of our past life?

Its all very scary stuff. So I quote Frank's thigh:

"Live each day as if it were your last."
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 21st, 2008 at 04:09am
I'm fine with death. I know that everyone I know and love is going to die, and if I haven't died before then, I'm going to be alone, but I know that that is a fact of life. I'm not scared.

Some deaths can be postponed, ie by medicines, and other health care, and I think that that should be taken advantage of. I understand why a person might not want to by resuscitated, but overall, I think that people shouldn't really refuse treatment, unless they want to die. That is, I don't think that people should refuse treatment because their religion says they should, because I think that if God was providing you with access to these potentially life saving facilities, then He must want you to live. If He wanted you to die, then He would kill you someplace where you can't get the care, or you would die anyway.

I'm in two minds about the afterlife. I believe in ghosts, and stuff, because it can't just be mass hysteria, but I'm not sure what the 'criteria' to become a ghost is, and what happens if you aren't a ghost. I think that people might believe in heaven in order to bring some sort of solace, or relief that when they die, they will be okay.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 21st, 2008 at 04:12am
i think people are not specifically scared of death, but scared of the unknown and scared that they cant prevent it in anyway. There scared of what they'll leave behind and what comes after it and they need to know there is something, some kind of comfort zone where they can be forgiven for all their past deeds, thats why some people believe in heaven, they need to know their life was for something and that they can be forgiven for all their wring doings.
i personally am not scared of death, and couldnt care less when i die or what happens after i die. i go by the philosophy "go with the flow", or at least its my philosophy. im content with my life and believe there is nothing i the future for me, but if i live to be 80 then so be it, but i want to die when im around 40-50. i live how i want to live eacha and every day and dont believe in any religion and am completely content with my life.
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
August 21st, 2008 at 09:11pm
I saw a man die this morning. And it scared me so much.

It's not that I'm afraid of dying, it's the time of dying I'm afraid of. Death can come at any second. Enjoy life to the fullest, people.

Anyways, I don't know if there is a heaven or a hell, and that's what I'm afraid of. I think when we die we just disappear forever. The ones who died without a cause may come back as ghosts to finish their cause.
Squirrel12
Fabulous Killjoy
Squirrel12
August 22nd, 2008 at 05:04am
i myself dont believe god or heaven or anything like that... i think that when you die, thats it , you dont go to heaven or hell..

but i also think if god was real and there was a heaven and hell, why did he put us on earth first if we "live" in heaven or hell after death.. :\
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
August 23rd, 2008 at 10:39am
i don't want to have an afterlife. unless you can ensure that i'll never feel tired there.

an average person lives for about 60 to 70 years on earth. it's time to take a break after that, isn't it?
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 25th, 2008 at 11:29am
the only part im really scared of is that its gonna happen when i havent experienced the life part to my fullest yet and that like when u die everything just go black around u and that its....its like passing out....u have no presence at all
thats not what i believe in (i belivee ur spirit goes on in the world) but thats what imscared of
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
August 25th, 2008 at 12:37pm
I have seen many people die. and it just stopped scaring me about after my second. I do have a problem why I cry when i see animals die but I'm fine if i see a human die. Could some help me through that. I just think life doesn't have a reason the only thing I'm afraid of is who I'm leaving behind. BUt who isn't. If you could talk to me about the animal thing that would be great.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 25th, 2008 at 06:09pm
Michael who? Phelps.:
I have seen many people die. and it just stopped scaring me about after my second. I do have a problem why I cry when i see animals die but I'm fine if i see a human die. Could some help me through that. I just think life doesn't have a reason the only thing I'm afraid of is who I'm leaving behind. BUt who isn't. If you could talk to me about the animal thing that would be great.

I dont think that should really be asked here, Try the personal questions thread if you want help.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
August 30th, 2008 at 01:38am
It's nice to see some people that are okay with the inevitable fact they we will all pass on.

I'm not. I'm simply terrified of dying. I don't want to be, but I am. I couldn die any second, and millisecond. That scares me. There's so much I want to do in life, and the fact that I could die in a car accident, or a fall, or something that might not be fault, and everything that I had been working towards, my kids, or husband, family, friends, everyone. I'm so afraid of dying, and whenever I think of my mom or dad dying, I cry. I tell myself that I know it will happen, but it doesn't help.

I try to believe in an afterlife, but it's hard. When you think about the world, and you wonder how this all started, if the myths and theories are correct. you're never sure, you know? How do you know that if you die, you go to some place like Candyland? What if you burn in flames for eternity, or fall in in endless black hole? I don't know, but I tihnk about these things constantly.

I don't know. All I know is that mortality terrifies me.
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
August 30th, 2008 at 05:17am
I used to be terrified of death as well. Everytime I thought of someone dying, myself or someone I love I would cry. And I think the more I became aware of death and it happening all the time all around me, the fear intensified. I think though, in order to not be afraid that sometimes you ['you' in general] need to let go of that fear and accept it; which is often the hardest thing to do.
Personally, I felt as if religion did fuel a lot of the fear I had in death as well as living. Heaven and Hell were two elements which terrified me as a kid and I was constantly paranoid about what I was doing due to the consquences God/Satan could put upon me. That's only my own experience though.

For me letting go and having a kind of nilhilistic attitude towards mythical/abstract things like after-life has given me a less paranoid mindset towards what life offers, even when that offering is death. I'm not afraid of death but I want to embrace life at the same time, I have faith that anybody is capable of doing anything if they believe in their cause throughout this short, short period called life.
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 31st, 2008 at 11:47am
It scares me to know that life and death can be totally unpredictable. For example, I went to school and had an awesome day laughing with my friends. And I come home and eat dinner and my parrot falls to the bottom of his cage and dies in my arms. Or my best friend comes home and her mom tells her that they have to go to the hospital because her dad got hit by a car. He's ok now, but who knows what could've happened! Life is totally unpredictable and it scares me that anything could happen. I'm always afraid that I'm going to die before I really get to make an impact on people's lives. I wanna make my mark on this Earth and then I will be able to die peacefully.
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 10th, 2008 at 02:38pm
Death freaks the fuck outta me. I've been around it too much.
I'm afraid to die. I start crying at night, because all the sudden, out of no where I'll start thinking about when i'm much older, and somehow wander off to the subject of myself dying. Like others have said, I cry when the thought of death on someone I love. My fear keeps me up at night. I don't like it.
MCR!
Motor Baby
MCR!
September 18th, 2008 at 02:13pm
Im afraid of not knowing what's going to happen and how it's gonna happen. I think you just gonna rotten and dissapear when you die... That's a scary though. Im more afraid of death , like losing someone, then me dying. But it's inevitable and we can't escape it. We just have to accept it i guess.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
September 18th, 2008 at 03:09pm
ya what scares me is that some freak situation will happen, and I won't live to see how my life happens and to fullfill my goals. people are constantly getting sick, and freak accidents do happen in the middle of poeple's lives. Things happen so randomly, and it scares the hell out of me. and living in this country , if I can't afford helath insurance when im older and i randomly get really ill, ill be left in the dust if I have crappy health insurance or none at all.

but I don't know about afterlifes. i used to believe in heaven and hell, and sometimes I think about reincarnation. But my best bet is on the fact of dropping dead, and just being dead....an unconcious. But whenever I see myself freaking out I think " Well, maybe it's like going to sleep, but only forever! I like slepping."
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
ya what scares me is that some freak situation will happen, and I won't live to see how my life happens and to fullfill my goals. people are constantly getting sick, and freak accidents do happen in the middle of poeple's lives. Things happen so randomly, and it scares the hell out of me. and living in this country , if I can't afford helath insurance when im older and i randomly get really ill, ill be left in the dust if I have crappy health insurance or none at all.

but I don't know about afterlifes. i used to believe in heaven and hell, and sometimes I think about reincarnation. But my best bet is on the fact of dropping dead, and just being dead....an unconcious. But whenever I see myself freaking out I think " Well, maybe it's like going to sleep, but only forever! I like slepping."
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance

Xmusic_monsterX
Jazz Hands
Xmusic_monsterX
February 2nd, 2009 at 11:17am
It scares me that life can be cut short at any time... Take, for instance, a kid that went to my school. Just friday, he was here smiling and making the rest of us laugh. Then that night, he gets into a car accident. The next morning, we find out he passed away. Just like that. At 17 years old. He had so much life ahead of him, and it was just taken from him. I am also afraid of the fact that time doesn't ever end. After we die, it keeps going. Even if everyone is dead, time still keeps going... I believe in God and Heaven & Hell, but i still don't think death is always fair...
xxizzyrossxx
Killjoy
xxizzyrossxx
May 31st, 2009 at 10:44pm
i like death to a point but im still afaid of it!i hate life but afraid if i die there is no after life! but im obsessed with death i think its beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i wonder what i will miss if i die!