Don't have an account? Create one!

Death and Afterlife

AuthorMessage
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
December 4th, 2006 at 12:52am
I don't really believe in anything death related, because how the hell should we know?
I mean, there is absolutely no proof at all, so I can't say.

As for the afterlife?
I think ghosts may exist, yes.
But I heard somewhere that all ghosts that humans see are supposed to be demonic.
HEARRTXX
Fabulous Killjoy
HEARRTXX
December 4th, 2006 at 03:25am
i agree with miss skeleton im more afraid of living than dieing
Punk_RoCk_SheLLeY
Killjoy
Punk_RoCk_SheLLeY
December 4th, 2006 at 10:06am
i tend not to think about death
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
December 4th, 2006 at 12:53pm
Ok so hears my veiw on death.
You kill someone, you go to hell.
If not your body lies to rest and your spirit forms into a ghost.
From then you find your own way to rest. You either walk around as a spirit, you start a new life or you sleep for an eternity. So really, I belive that we choose where we go.

I am not affraid to live and I am not afraid to die. My friends say i am obsessed with death and I agree with them.
Talk to Frank.
Joining The Black Parade
Talk to Frank.
December 4th, 2006 at 01:15pm
^ i kind of like the idea of wee choose where we go.
but i have no idea what happens and that what makes me scared, cause we could just go and not even know, kind of when you are sleeping you are not aware of anything. that scares me to cause i dont want it to be like that =[
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 5th, 2006 at 01:45am
Mercy.:
I don't really believe in anything death related, because how the hell should we know?

As for the afterlife?
But I heard somewhere that all ghosts that humans see are supposed to be demonic.

I disagree that all ghosts are demonic, because one time when my brother was an infant, he was in bed with my mom who was woken up by his nonstop laughter, and when she turned to look at him she saw a ghost of a woman who was tickling him and playing with him. so, if she were demonic, she was rather friendly to my brother.
and also, my relatives haunt my grandma's house. and they're not demonic. so I'd have to say that not all ghosts are demonic. althought I do see where you might get that idea from.
xxkatiexx
Killjoy
xxkatiexx
December 5th, 2006 at 06:58am
I' ve got a thing for hearses, but I don't really know what'll happen to us after our ride in one...
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
December 8th, 2006 at 04:27pm
I'm a little obsessed with death. There are so many questions but hardly any answers. My family believe that we can communicate with the dead, and Ive been shocked with some of the answers we've had. And I want to go to see someone so that hopefully my grandma, uncle and everyone else Ive lost can come through.

I believe that what happens, happens. I do think that sometimes you arent meant to die, such as being murdered. But most of the time you die for a reason, and that God has a plan for you.

There are so many questions that we have about death. Ones we will never be able to tell. I think because of that people have a fascination with it.
DanceWithMe
Motor Baby
DanceWithMe
December 8th, 2006 at 04:46pm
ive always imagined death to be like, another step in the 'journey of life'. like you get reincarnated, or come back as a ghost or go to hevan or whatever. but what if when you die, there is nothing. like going to sleep, but without the dreams. big build up to a big let down kind of thing.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 8th, 2006 at 08:50pm
I really don't think that death is like sleeping with no dreams. because then it'd be too painful for when someone dies. you'd never see them again. I like to think that when we die, we are all reunited, and all of your friends and family will be up there waiting for you, and that you'll get to see people you always wanted to see (like celebrities, or people in the past like anne frank or george washington) etc. but that's just my beliefs, I'm not telling you what to believe or not believe. I just think that mine is less painful, and so I like to think that's what actually happens.
Harkness
Salute You in Your Grave
Harkness
December 10th, 2006 at 04:25pm
I read a book once, and the character belived that we had like three lives, this one that prepares us for the horrid next one and the third is a heaven almost. It made me feel okay. But I don't know how death will come. Not how I die but what will happen afterwards. I would like to know there is a heaven and nothing will die there and everyhitng will be alright but maybe we just die. I want to be able to choose but if I could I don't know what choice I would make. Eternal happines? Or wander? I don't know but when the time comes I think I will be prepared to choose. I believe that this life will make me wise and if I can choose I will be wise enough to know what to choose.
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
December 11th, 2006 at 03:26pm
Black-Parader:
i agree with miss skeleton im more afraid of living than dieing

yep i third that, the afterlife has to be better than my life Neutral Sad
Vermillion
Killjoy
Vermillion
December 11th, 2006 at 08:56pm
I'm not scared at all by death. I've spent the past nine months studying the paranormal, and now I'm getting into Wicca, so death is just something natural, and really unfrightening.

As for where we go when we die, I believe our spirit will proceede to Summerland, (the Wiccan afterlife thing). If your spirit does not want to go to Summerland, or has to learn lessons they didnt learn in life, or something of the sort, then you remain the the Astral plane, or subtle reality, (spirits stuck here are called ghosts). Anyways, after you've completed what you wanted to in the Astral plane, you proceede to Summerland. You can either stay here, or be reincarnated into your next life.

This is what I believe, please, please dont bash me or eat me alive for what I believe, study, and practice. =] Thankies!
Vermillion
Killjoy
Vermillion
December 11th, 2006 at 08:59pm
But I would like to add that since you create your own reality, someone who is say, Jewish, would probably go to Heaven, since that's what they believe. Unless of course you're a follower of Judeopaganisim, which is like the regular Jewish religion, but with a Spiritualisim twist. In that case, you would either go to the subtle reality, or Heaven. =]
Vermillion
Killjoy
Vermillion
December 11th, 2006 at 09:02pm
Mercy.:

As for the afterlife?

Not all spirits humans see are demons. In fact, 'ghost' is a term used for the human spirits who are stuck in the subtle reality either by choice or...they're just stuck there. A demon is a spirit that has never been and will never be human.

Most spirits humans come in contact with are typical human spirits, (kind or not, as human spirits are just like they were in life), not demons. Demons arent as common as one would be led to believe. =]
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
December 11th, 2006 at 10:34pm
Death. What can we really say about it? Nothing we have had family members who have passed, but that's probably the relation we've had to it. Near-death experiences with hallucinations with them, you may have been near death, but you never passed. It will happen to all of us one day and immortality is an on-going discussion that comes about the subject death. What will I say about it? I really don't know. Heaven or Hell? Maybe they're an on-going hoax. We don't know until we pass. That's really it. The time will come when it comes, till then we don't know
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
December 11th, 2006 at 10:43pm
stud_muffin23:
Mercy.:

As for the afterlife?

I disagree that all ghosts are demonic, because one time when my brother was an infant, he was in bed with my mom who was woken up by his nonstop laughter, and when she turned to look at him she saw a ghost of a woman who was tickling him and playing with him. so, if she were demonic, she was rather friendly to my brother.
and also, my relatives haunt my grandma's house. and they're not demonic. so I'd have to say that not all ghosts are demonic. althought I do see where you might get that idea from.

That'a good point. I have a three year old brother. He constantly laughs in his crib from nothing. Okay I am not saying that I believe in this, but I've heard that when a new child is born they are coming from of a somewhat afterlife (we'll use that considering I can't remember the word) and they are living with passed or deceased reletives of yours. My point is that they still have some connection with this afterlife/death and this connection isn't broken unitl the child is older when people start instilling that ghosts aren't real and such other things. Like I've said before I don't necessarily believe this, but a few months ago I started looking up death/afterlife and I came upon an article.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
December 11th, 2006 at 11:39pm
^another reason is that babies are too young to be told what exists and what doesnt so quite often they will see ghosts/spirits until they come across an adult that tells them ghosts don't exist or there's no such thing. Then children stop believing and stop seeing.
Beast And The Harlot
Salute You in Your Grave
Beast And The Harlot
December 12th, 2006 at 07:33am
Im not really scared of dying, but the thoguth of that once you die your gone, as if your in a sleep without dreams, like your nothing does kinda freak me out. Id like to think that once you die you go a heaven, and that you are reunited with all your friends and family who have passed like what stud_muffin23 said, you dont just go into a sleep with no dreams.
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 12th, 2006 at 10:10am
Hm, I've been pretty obsessed with dead as I was around 12/13. I've read books and everything I got into my hands about afterlife, how it feels to die and what people who had been clinically dead told about their experiences.
During one summer, me and my two best friends also spent hours with an Oujia Board, which we had from my friend's grandma who was strongly believing in the existence of ghosts and all that. She was even telling my friend that she and her whole family would have had a special connection to the spirit world. That this was actually nonsense became clear, because the Oujia did never work when it was only the two us, but the moment it did work it was as it had been the three of us. We had darkened the room, lit candles on and suddenly the glass was moving on the board and creating a story out of the letters with an actual ghost threatening us that he would damn us forever if we wouldn’t help him. It was so scary. It was one of the most frightening moments in my life. My other friend started crying so badly and got a mental breakdown in the end. But the most terrible thing was that no one of our parents believed us. They were just laughing and saying we’re making a story up, although we were swearing by everything that was holy to us that we were telling the truth. Only my friend’s granny and mom believed us, because of this “special connection” they would have.

The answer to what has actually happened was really soothing. No one of us had been cheating, we had been too highly suspicious of each other, and the shock of everyone was real. It’s just a natural phenomenon that is called the 'Ideomotor effect', which means that you cannot sit and hold your hand completely still, you’re muscles will always subconsciously making small, physical movements. That’s why the object you’re touching is moving in the end, and the more people who concentrate on it you are, the easier it’ll work. And the more vivid your mind is the more likely a threatening story will come up.

I mean it’s so good to finally have an answer for something, but with a thing like afterlife it’s just impossible to know. I found this really hard to accept. As I was younger I strongly believed in it (not in heaven or hell, but that it would be just another stage of development), but nowadays I’ve to say I just don’t know. I’d really like to believe in it, it would make it easier to find a sense in the world.