Don't have an account? Create one!

Death and Afterlife

AuthorMessage
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:20pm
What are your thoughts on death? Do you take it as it comes or are you scared and shocked at it? Are you afraid to die? Do you think some deaths in the past could have been prevented?

Yara adds: What do you think happens after you die? Where do we go?
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
May 31st, 2006 at 03:21pm
I'm obsessed with death. Or at least that's what my friends say.
Ever since my grandma died, I just can't take the idea of it.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:23pm
Nikki.:
Do you think some deaths in the past could have been prevented?

I think most of the deaths caused by Hurrican Katrina could have been provented, because that hurricane was predicted a year before it struck, and yet nobody paid attention to the fact that hundreds - thousands - of lives could have been lost.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:24pm
I think, that if I die, I die. It was meant to happen. Yes, if I think about it, it seems scary, you know, leaving people behind and stuff, or how you're going to go, but its fate. I know some people are petrified of the thought of it, and act like its never going to happen. My sister especially, she doesn't like talking about death, or dying etc. So if im talking about it, she'll go "dont talk like that" or "shut up". Which I suppose makes things harder, if your just going to pretend like death doesn't exist, and that you're never going to die.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 03:25pm
I want to seek death in a way that makes life a fulfillment. I know i'm ripping off a philosopher there, but I can't quite remember who said it.

Death is nothing to be feared.
ageha.
Bulletproof Heart
ageha.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:25pm
I know that death is something that will happen to me eventually, but since my grandfather died, I am just scared && shocked by it in a way.
And sometimes, I don't see how people can be obsessed with death. To me, it seems like those people just want to die, to know how it feels like.
Miss Skeleton !!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Miss Skeleton !!
May 31st, 2006 at 03:26pm
I'm more afraid of living than dying.
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:27pm
I'm scared by death.
Not by dying, just the way that something that one day can be alive, warm, and moving, can be hit by a car, and then lay as still as a rock on the ground.
It scares me how easily a life can be lost, and how fragile and delicate a soul and body can be.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 03:27pm
There is no such thing as being afraid of death: there is only a fear of the unknown. Thats why I don't fear dying, we all do it eventually.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:28pm
Death frightens me because once you die, that's it.
There are no second chances, you're done.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
May 31st, 2006 at 03:30pm
I'm afraid of what death feels like. Or how I will die.
Some scientists say that they have found out how death feels like, but how do they know for sure?
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
Alas, Babylon:

That's why I'm afraid of it.
I believe in reincarnation, though, but still.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
Death is a natural phenomenon, just like birth. And we have our entire lives to come to terms with the fact that we will eventually die. So why should we be scared of it?
RioneZ
Thinking Happy Thoughts
RioneZ
May 31st, 2006 at 03:31pm
Alas, Babylon:

That's what scares me too. And not having enough time before I die. I mean if I think of all the things I want to do before I die I get scared that there will be so many wonderful experiences that I will never know about.
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
May 31st, 2006 at 03:31pm
Yes but we know what happens when you're being formed, how you were formed, how you're born, etc. No one knows what it feels like to die, or what happens afterwards.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
May 31st, 2006 at 03:34pm
That's true...
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
May 31st, 2006 at 03:36pm
the only thing that would piss me off when im dying is that im not going to be around to have fun times with my friends anymore
ill miss the funny times!!
that kinda bums me out..

but most of all, im curious about death.
im not afraid of it, im not happy about it..
i wonder what happens, i do believe in spirits but i want to know if you get to join your loved ones in a better place. i dont believe in heaven, but i do thing there is some sort of better place! i would love to see all the people i've lost again Smile
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
May 31st, 2006 at 03:42pm
Nikki.:
Yes but we know what happens when you're being formed, how you were formed, how you're born, etc. No one knows what it feels like to die, or what happens afterwards.

You do have a point there. But, on the other hand, no one knows how it feels like to be born or what is there before birth
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
May 31st, 2006 at 04:10pm
I don't want to die. I don't even want to grow up. I want to stay in 8th grade. But that's not going to heppen. -cries-

Anyway...thoughts on death...it's harsh. I wish that no one ever died. My grandma died of breast cancer. People are like "Oh, I'm so sorry." and stuff like that. It's not like that. They don't understand what it's like to deal with when someone dies.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
May 31st, 2006 at 04:13pm
Nikki.:

Eh..I have to disagree with you there..some people are brought back to life and have stories on what it's like, but we personally will never know unless we are brought back to life.