Whore.Much?
October 3rd, 2006 at 02:43am
^ exactly my point!!
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
October 12th, 2006 at 08:20am
bloodredruby69:
Turn off the lights and everyone looks exactly the same.

I think that only the blind really know what beauty is.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
bring me the horizon
Salute You in Your Grave
bring me the horizon
October 12th, 2006 at 12:50pm
i was talking to some (boy) friends of mine and they said to me that they cant actually tell when your 'mascaras a bit smudged' and 'your hair a bit outta place' because if they truly like a girl they see past all of those conceptions that many girls (mainly the ones i know) have about themselves.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
October 12th, 2006 at 09:03pm
1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until a moderator comes online and deals with it.
Bloody Love
Really Not Okay
Bloody Love
October 12th, 2006 at 11:27pm
well girls who are beautiful are also looked down upon!
Like if you see a pretty girl walking down the street you automatically get jealous and think she is a very not nice word....

They also are treated better than others who arent as pretty

but I think whats on the inside is more important cause in the end that beauty will fade and all that you will have left is whats on the inside and if your beautiful on the inside and outside then others will see that but if your not then others just wont like you
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 17th, 2006 at 04:14pm
I think everyone is beautiful to someone else and maybe some people are seen as beautiful by more people but does it really matter ? Judging on looks is shallow
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
October 17th, 2006 at 09:08pm
^amen.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
October 17th, 2006 at 10:50pm
When agreeing with someone's opinion, make sure to add your own as well. It's a Discussion Board.

Beauty and perception have definately been misconcepted throughout centuries. Especially along with the majority of society's narcissistic attitude, which can become quite repulsive and appalling. Yet, there's hope. Perhaps the generation will take a step back and try to comprehend the mere sense of non-tactful beauty.

Unfortunately, there always will be pride and envy. Pride from the conceited; Envy from the misguided.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 18th, 2006 at 05:36am
when_it_all_goes_to_hell:
well girls who are beautiful are also looked down upon!
Like if you see a pretty girl walking down the street you automatically get jealous and think she is a very not nice word....

You are right, I think a lot of people do this, and it is unfortunate, because where is the evidence that someone who is beautiful is actually horrible? There isn't any. Fortunatly, I think this is something that lots of us simply grow out of as we get older and become more secure with who we are.

As a teenager I pretty much hated myself and hated anone else who i presumed was so much better looking than me. Now I completly accept myself and it helps me to accept others, I never think badly of a person just because of the way they look anymore.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 19th, 2006 at 08:11am
Thanks, xXThe PatientXx

I would just like to add that being beautiful has nothing to do with how ignorant you are. It's a shame people are stereotyped liked that...
Happy in the rain
Salute You in Your Grave
Happy in the rain
October 20th, 2006 at 07:10am
^^ Ditto.
It reminds me of movies like Beauty & The Beast.
People say they arn't that shallow and they want to find a guy who wil love them unconditionaly (sp)
But when it comes down to it the first thing they will see in a guy is looks.
And so many amazing guys and girls are put down, because no one realises that their personality makes them even more beautiful than anyone.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 20th, 2006 at 06:20pm
Exactly.

But there's nothing you can do about someone seeing your looks first lol
Walking Shade.
Joining The Black Parade
Walking Shade.
October 21st, 2006 at 10:53pm
I believe that the outside is just a bonus. You could be ass-ugly and have a great personality and that's what would matter to people. If you have good attitude people don't care what you look like. A person can be stuning and have a rotten attitude and people would not like to associate with them. Then, there are people who like to spend and hour every morning in the mirror and that's fine!If it makes the person feel better about themselves then I believe there is no problem.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 21st, 2006 at 11:02pm
daughters_of_revenge:
A person can be stuning and have a rotten attitude and people would not like to associate with them.

That's what duct tape is for.

Unfortunately, beauty standards are bred into us. The standard of beauty that is genetic, though, is different than the man made standard. Humans, as they are part of the animal kingdom, search for a mate with the potential to bear healthy offspring. Men look for women with large breasts, wide hips, a strong back, and those that are extremely fertile. Women look for strong supporters, men who can take care of them, and men with good physicality, so that the offspring produced will be strong and have good genes.

But that is all unconsciously thinking.

Nowadays, though, that standard is pushed aside in favour of overmuscled meatheads with an IQ equateable with an eggplant and no neck, though a stunning facial structure, and women with the curves of an eight year old boy, a huge rack and a flawless face, regardless of the fact that she probably can't even count backwards from ten without getting a headache. Everything is taken at face value.

And I was not trying to be stereotypical there, I was trying to make a point.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 24th, 2006 at 09:44am
^ I loved the bit where you said about men wanting women with the curves of an 8 year old boy, that made me chuckle!
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 24th, 2006 at 01:07pm
But it's true aswell, which is kinda sad
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 24th, 2006 at 04:52pm
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
^ I loved the bit where you said about men wanting women with the curves of an 8 year old boy, that made me chuckle!

Lol, don't mention it.

The whole ideal of beauty is constantly shifting, and nowadays, for the most part, the most beautiful woman is the one who is androgenous - doesn't look like a male or a female. The less curves, the better the bone structure and the more a-sexual they look, the more they are looked upon as beautiful creatures.

Personally though, I don't think being mistaken for a pre-teen boy is at all attractive. I would think that it would be an insult.

People need to be proud of who they are, of their bodies, height, how long their noses are, whatever. Only when you are truly comfortable with yourself are you able to let your inner beauty shine through. It's like the people at clubs. There's always one girl who all the guys want, and one guy that all the girls want, and they aren't the drop dead gorgeous ones either. They are the ones who are confidant in themselves and happy with the image they project.

In the attitude department, it's the confidance that appeals to the masses now, because everyone has such low thoughts of themselves, that they want to learn to love themselves like the people that are happy with themselves do.

People want to be happy with themselves, but when they look at the thin, flat, "ideal" women and perfectly chisled men, they don't know how. They've lost sense of self and individual beauty.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 24th, 2006 at 06:41pm
If you don't compare yourself to others, you end up happier, and what is with the word 'perfect'. There's no such thing. In fact, it should be illegal to use that word and if caught using it, you should be forced in a bath with chickens
Femme
Salute You in Your Grave
Femme
October 25th, 2006 at 12:23am
actress girl:
If you don't compare yourself to others, you end up happier, and what is with the word 'perfect'. There's no such thing. In fact, it should be illegal to use that word and if caught using it, you should be forced in a bath with chickens

so true.
SaveMySinsxxx3
Killjoy
SaveMySinsxxx3
October 26th, 2006 at 09:50pm
Yara; wtf...:
I've had this on-going discussion with my husband about why beauty is important.

He tells me that it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks about you, or the expectations of people. Spending an hour every morning doing your make up is totally pointless, because when it comes down to it, the only one that has to like who you are is you yourself. Nobody else matters.
If you're comfortable with who you are, people will notice that and like you for it. If you don't put on make up, and don't try so hard, and someone ends up not liking you for it, then that's his/her problem.

It's in my opinion that in this day and age, and society, beauty is very important. It's the difference between getting a job or not. People judge you by the way you look. If you're absolutely gorgeous, you get treated better. I know this from experience.

What do you think? Does the outside count? Is the inside just as important? What is beauty to you?

I agree 7549375%%% with your husband.