Don't have an account? Create one!

Blaming Music

AuthorMessage
IWannaSaveYourHeart
Joining The Black Parade
IWannaSaveYourHeart
July 13th, 2007 at 11:00am
i think they just want someone to blame. its totaly stupid...... i hate ppl at my skool calling MCR emo i get up them so bad bcz they r not emo no no no
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
July 13th, 2007 at 05:26pm
I think that music could, to an extent, be blamed for some of the problems.
It is a powerful tool.
It can completely change who you are, for the better or worse.
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
July 14th, 2007 at 09:08am
this is crap.

apparently people in my homestate of hicksville USA think that Warped Tour and many other tours are having a bad influence on todays kids.
so what do they do?
get rid of Warped. yeah. it has came here numerous times and now they just drop it. i mean seriously.

yet KORN was here not to long ago.

hmm...warped or korn? lets choose the most violent and blame it on warped tour!

YAY SCAPEGOAT!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 15th, 2007 at 02:12am
^ that sucks, well i think music like this is just frowned apon, because most people think it serves no propose but gets you depressed
x_xiDon'tLoveYoux_x
Killjoy
x_xiDon'tLoveYoux_x
August 4th, 2007 at 08:41pm
I think that music has effects on people's lives, but it cant MAKE you do anything! Thats just me tho.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
August 4th, 2007 at 10:56pm
Audrey Hepburn.:
I think that music could, to an extent, be blamed for some of the problems.
It is a powerful tool.
It can completely change who you are, for the better or worse.

I think that music can be blamed, of course it can. But like Audrey said, only to an extent. It's like violence on TV. You see it, or in this case hear it, and it gets in your head. When you're upset, don't you listen to angrier music then you would if you're feeling good about life?
This isn't to say that music causes murder, it's just to say that there is definitly an impact.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 5th, 2007 at 11:50am
Musiccould be blammed
But the Internet and T.v are Making Some Parents Freak out way too much.
Music changes us.In Some Way
But Is it Always For the Worst?
your grandmother
Jazz Hands
your grandmother
August 20th, 2007 at 12:38am
xXTear SnatchersXx:
Musiccould be blammed
But the Internet and T.v are Making Some Parents Freak out way too much.
Music changes us.In Some Way
But Is it Always For the Worst?

I totally agree. but also, if the music is to blame, its the parents fault for letting there young one listen to that music.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 20th, 2007 at 04:31am
music cannot be blamed for actions. in some positions, yes but more then likey we all decide to do something because of our free will, not what muisc says.
my mom thinks i am getting my religious beliefs from muse. she didn't like me listening to metallica and MCR either. but then she got over and saw that what i did was because i decided to do it.
PainIsInevitable
Killjoy
PainIsInevitable
August 20th, 2007 at 08:12pm
^Yeah i know how that feels. My mom and dad think i'm gonna go all wierd coz i listen to MCR all the time. It drives me mad!
People are just finding something or someone to blame. What you see on t.v. has more of an affect because you can see it. I don't think music can be blamed because in many peoples cases it's their reason for living, keeps them going when they get up in morning knowing they have something that will always be there for them...
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
August 21st, 2007 at 11:27am
Music should NOT be blamed for problems like that. People who blame and counter music are stupid. Music is a really powerful tool, yes, but
it is not to be blamed. Of course, music can prove to be rebellious, but it doesn't fully influence a person. In the end, it's still the person's choice on what
to do and what's his decision.

So, generally, music cannot be blamed.
Justanotherstar
Salute You in Your Grave
Justanotherstar
August 22nd, 2007 at 01:03pm
spuddy:
you hear of parents blaming music for their childs actions all the time.
eg marilyn manson was blamed for drugs
eminem was blamed for young people getting guns
ozzy osbourne (and lots of others) blamed for young people committing suicide.

what are you opinions on this?

i think its balls

lmaoo
Homosexual
Bleeding on the Floor
Homosexual
August 22nd, 2007 at 03:03pm
Far too many people blame music for what's wrong in the world today. Parents never blame the music if their child is listening to Britney Spears (Look at her now), yet I feel it's more likely that they will be influenced by that than, say, My Chemical Romance where they are completely against suicide and aren't trying to hide what some of them have been through. Personally, I feel like I can be myself more when I listen to the music I listen to, than when I used to listen to Britney.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 22nd, 2007 at 04:34pm
blaming music is quite ridiculous. i mean yes, you can certain ideas from music, but it does not mean that you will go right ahead and follow it. music is not a cult, and sometimes parents want to see that, or forget what it was like when they were a teenager listening to muisc.
xChemicalxAddictionx
Killjoy
xChemicalxAddictionx
August 22nd, 2007 at 06:19pm
Blaming music is a way to make the parents feel like they aren't to blame, when chances are they are, one way or another. Obviously if music really was going to drive a kid to do something, they should have gotten the kid help. I think that almost 100% it's the parents.
I made good choices off music. It was a therapy for me, especially MCR, when i was extremely depressed and suicidal.
MCRmanic
Killjoy
MCRmanic
August 22nd, 2007 at 08:06pm
Seriously? Parents, no matter what you say, at one point or another, are going t blame others before themselves. If I just happened to listen the MCR's song "Teenagers" before I shot up a school, my parents are going to blame MCR, no matter what my suicide letter says. I know this only because it happened before. When I tried to commit suicide, I was listening to a song by an artist that I'm not going to say at the moment. And of course, right after I got saved (dammit) my parents took that music away from me. Tld me I needed to go to church more often. Now, again, parents are going to think what they want until the truth is presented to them in a way that they cannot hide from it.
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:32am
Yara; wtf...:
I honestly think that in 9/10 cases, the parents are to blame.

If you raise your kid right, he/she will know better than to do drugs, kill people or commit suicide.

I completely agree with that. I think they are just pushing their responsibility away and blaming there mistakes on music.
The_Used_Angel13
Killjoy
The_Used_Angel13
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:41am
I think if a parent blames music for a childs actions is just plan stupid. Because the music has nothing to do with a childs actions. If it's the music then why do the parents buy the cd in the first place??? And sometimes it's the parents actions that affect the child's action's. Plus the people who write the music arent trying to cause problem's by changing how the child act's they might be trying to make a point.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
August 23rd, 2007 at 11:54am
It all depends on how you interpret the music realy, i mean different people can interpret a song completely differently. The singers and writers of the songs could have written it innocently and then someone listenning could have listened to it, and gotten ideas.

Mind you i think that people would have had to have been a bit messed up before they listened to the song for it to have that much of a bad reaction for the person.

Although i can see why some songs can innfluence people.
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:15pm
music is very powerful, it has a huge impact in our lives.

parents blame music because they can't blame anything else. maybe the parents don't want to accept the fact that they are one of the strongest reasons why their children are commiting suicide, rebellion, taking drugs etc...

also, i think our parents don't understand music the way we understand it...