Don't have an account? Create one!

Straight Edge.

AuthorMessage
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
July 4th, 2006 at 08:54am
.Nemesis.:
it's a nice idea, but i think the lifestyle would be too boring for me.
Life can be plenty exciting without poisoning your system.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
July 4th, 2006 at 09:07am
shock and entertain us.:
.Nemesis.:
it's a nice idea, but i think the lifestyle would be too boring for me.
Life can be plenty exciting without poisoning your system.

And you remember about it afterwards. Very Happy
Hip -Like Badass-
Salute You in Your Grave
Hip -Like Badass-
July 4th, 2006 at 04:56pm
Mud:

And you remember about it afterwards. Very Happy

lol, yeah, i guess.

and i don't "poison my system".
mcr saved my life!
Killjoy
mcr saved my life!
July 5th, 2006 at 02:21am
maybe its cause people are getting aware of thier health and the effects of peer pressure, and its their way of rebelling against society, where as a few years ago, the way to rebel was to actually be badass, do the whole sex, drugs and rock n roll. Now that is is the norm, people have to find a way to be different?!
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
July 5th, 2006 at 08:02am
Life[on]display:

I disagree , I don’t think age matters. Sure it my be illegal in the U.S but kid are still drinking, smoking and having sex! I think choosing to be sXe underage is the same, cause your choosing to say no…when drink, smoking, drug and sex is very much apart of most teens lives. I mean im 15 and know kids that do all that stuff and the law is not even an issues to them. It is stupid when people become Straight edge just because it trendy or “scene“. It should mean more then that, it should be more personal.

I don't really think age matters at all.
And I agree with you, kids these days are drinking, smoking and some are even having sex at 13. It's crazy.
Not to mention, there is peer pressure, which a lot of us will deal with at some point in our lives.
I would consider myself straight edge, but I'm not in it to be cool, or scene, whatever the hell that is. In fact, I get the complete opposite reaction. People are often very immature about it, and tell me to grow up and stop being weak, or a poser.
I'm not being any of those, I'm doing what I feel is right for me.
If only more people had the respect you guys do.
amanda;; silent eyes
Bleeding on the Floor
amanda;; silent eyes
July 6th, 2006 at 04:23pm
Where I live, sXe has kind of lost its meaning because people say that they only have 2 of the x's in XXX and others are obsessed with straight edge. But I think that being edge is a good thing and I have gained respect fromy my parents as well.

I agree with the concept of being edge but the word has pretty much lost meaning in my town.
Bleeding.On.The.Floorx
Fabulous Killjoy
Bleeding.On.The.Floorx
July 7th, 2006 at 12:40pm
no one can have a problem with it really.. if you want to live like that then you do. if you wanna smoke and drink alcohol you do it. everyones they're own, but you should take responsibility if you were to get drunk and do stupid stuff
GODZILLA.
Salute You in Your Grave
GODZILLA.
July 9th, 2006 at 08:27am
hhmm.

ive considered it; the thing is yeah, im only 13, but ive literally been offered alcohol by my parent, and i just looked at them. i dont plan to drink, i dont plan to do drugs. im the only person out nof all my friends who's rational enough to go, " wait a minute, this is really fucking stupid." because a mate of mine always gos on about how cool iit is to smoke pot, and get so trashed you cant see strait, and stuff like that, and i go, "so you think its cool to throw and, make a complete fool of yourself, and look like a fuckhead?"
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
July 9th, 2006 at 09:49am
I don't know.
I'm not because I do drink sometimes. But I see no need to get pissed, or off my head on drugs. Drink to me is a glass of wine with dinner, or a glass of champagne at parties. Not a litre of vodka.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
July 19th, 2006 at 05:10am
I'm not straight egde.

Yet i'm responsible when it comes to drinking drugs and sex.

i respect people being Straight Edge.

Yet i don't respect people who ARE straight Edge and pressure me to become Straight Edge.

I respect the fact that you've chosen to be Straight Edge no why can't you respect my choice to not be Straight edge?

And yes i know not all people who are sXe are like that but most of the sXe people i know are.

So yeah...if they respect you...please respect them
<3
kids
Salute You in Your Grave
kids
July 19th, 2006 at 06:40pm
Bascially, I'd say if you're under 18 and think you're straight edge, you're not straight edge; you're just obeying the law.
drop dead; gorgeous.
Really Not Okay
drop dead; gorgeous.
July 19th, 2006 at 06:45pm
Straight edge is awesome though I'd have to agree with April?! I'm under 18 and obeying the law, but I've been high 1 time and drunk 1 time, and both were *kinda* an accident. I tried once and never gonna try again, it's not worth it.
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
July 19th, 2006 at 08:21pm
recreational drug use are drugs that you use for fun
not ones that you need like medicine
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
July 20th, 2006 at 05:27pm
April?!:
Bascially, I'd say if you're under 18 and think you're straight edge, you're not straight edge; you're just obeying the law.
I disagree. There's so much pressure on teens from their peers to drink and do drugs and sleep around. Straight edge teenagers make a conscious decision to refrain from that kind of activity, and risk being 'uncool' or whatever in order to protect their bodies and minds. They are obeying the law, obviously, but they're making a decision not to do what virtually all teenagers do.

Also, here in the UK it's legal to have sex and smoke at 16. So a teenager of that age would not be breaking the law if they chose to do either of those things. Some teenagers choose to be straight edge and not do them. But because they're under 18, does that make them not straight edge?
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
July 22nd, 2006 at 12:29am
I'm not straight edge, but I have no problem with those who are straight edge.
I respect those who make certain decisions that allow them to be considered 'straight edge', as long as those people respect my decisions as well.
Everyone has their own opinion about the subject.
collisionkiss
Killjoy
collisionkiss
July 22nd, 2006 at 12:51pm
I'm loving the sXe thread. I think way back someone mentioned the x's on the back of the hands. Time for some straight edge history.

When underage kids went to shows, they would be marked at the door with a big x on the back of their hand to show that they couldn't be served alchohol. Straight edgers adopted this idea and started marking their own hands.

Hopefully the media and such will not catch up on straight edge and make it into a "label", because it is just a way that people who share the same ideals can relate to each other. I adopted the beliefs at an early age and think that young people who follow the edge should no be alienated from the culture because they are "just following the law". That's just over protective followers being paranoid of it becoming a trend. You could use the same argument by saying "you don't really believe that killing other human beings is wrong, you're just following the law". Finally, before i end up rambling my head off, i would like to ask other sXe-vegetarians on this site if they adopted the beliefs at the same time, or one after another?
.shotgun.sinners.
Salute You in Your Grave
.shotgun.sinners.
July 27th, 2006 at 05:55pm
I'm pretty much straightedge.
I have never gotten drunk, but I have drank, yes. But when I have drank, it was a little bit at a wedding, and it's not being pressured to do it or thinking I'm attractive to do it. I find getting drunk, drugs and ciaggrettes disgusting habbits, and i don't want to fall into the catagory of a Typical angsty teen that needs to do drugs.. or drink.. or smoke to get away from life. Yes life isn't perfect, but being straightedge is the way to be.
I don't have promiscuous sex, because I think it's skanky, and I don't want to be knocked. Yes I think people should be allowed to live their lives the way they want to live them. They have to, or how are they every going to learn? They can't.
My mom smokes my twin smokes, and I wouldn't be surprised if my little sister takes up smoking. It's not the way I want to kill myself.
I do have caffine, but my life doesn't center around it.
I keep my body clean of anything, so I consider myself mostly straightedge.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
July 28th, 2006 at 12:22am
When it comes to straight edge-ness in the U.S., I belive you cant really be straight edge until your 18 or older.
If your underage and sustaining from drinking, drugs, premiscous (sp?) sex, and the other things sXe people dont do,
then really your just obeying the law.
If you want to call yourself straight edge, go ahead.
But I just dont see how obeying the law and not giving in to peer pressure makes you straight edge.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
July 28th, 2006 at 01:09am
I think that you can be straight-edge and be under the legal age, depending in what country, of 18.

I know a lot of people around my age who are regular drinkers, and smokers.
They get drunk on a weekly basis almost, and they're only 15 or 16.
Here, the legal age to drink is 18.

Around my school, you hear people talking about the party they went to the other night, and how smashed they got.
But it was all in the name of having fun.

Nowadays, there is a lot of pressure to drink, smoke, have promiscuous sex and do drugs.

Plus, how often do these kids get caught doing things, when it's not legal?
Not very often.

That's why I think you can be straight-edge, and still be under the legal age.
Not everyone abides the law.
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
July 28th, 2006 at 10:42pm
I think you can be underage and straight edge.
Saying no to sex, drugs, or drinking because you're underage is saying no because you're obeying the law.
Being straight edge [and underage] and saying no to it is doing it for yourself.
Not for the law.
Although, these are just quickly generalized opinions and not all people are like that, I understand.
[Sorry if none of this made sense...]
I respect all people who are straight edge, I suppose I am sXe, I just never call myself one.
I also respect the people who choose not to be sXe, it is their decision, and there is nothing wrong with that.