Don't have an account? Create one!

Straight Edge.

AuthorMessage
Victim of Authority
Fabulous Killjoy
Victim of Authority
July 30th, 2006 at 08:30pm
Alright, here we go.

As far as drinking/smoking/drugs, if people want to do that, they can. As far as not being straight edge if you're under 18, I disagree with that. Just because people are under 18, doesn't mean they can't get their hands on drugs/alchohol. There's a lot of peer pressure that usually starts when you get to high school. And it would take willpower to say "no" to that. So if you're under 18 and are sXe, then thats good. If you're not, that's good to. I guess you could consider me sXe-I drank once..and I probably will once in awhile, just not completely drunk. I do drink soda (which has caffiene) and stuff like that, and I take medicine when I need it. But I don't smoke ciggarettes, or do drugs.

As far as sex goes, my opinion is that you should have sex with someone if they're someone you care about enough. Not if you're just bored and decide to.

That's just my opinion. So there.
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
July 30th, 2006 at 08:38pm
I belive in casual sex...as long as it is safe. As for not drinking at all...i dont think that restricting you're self completly from anything ( besides illgal substances) is really pratical. just control your self.i think a drink once and a while is alright.

as for drugs. pot...fine. do pot if ya want. im toattly fine with pot.
but for the love of god/

stay the hell away from Herion, 'E', Cocaine, and speed. that is REALLY REALLY dumb. seiorusly. its just like taking a half loaded revolver and shooting your self with it, hoping it lands on a blank.

acid is not as bad but dont do it

so if you are sXe...thats cool. i just dont choose to do it. and besides, limiting your self of helpfull drugs is kinda dumb

and smoking...wow. dont smoke its dumb as helll. its such a stupid addiction. it smells like hell and makes you look like an idiot

Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
July 31st, 2006 at 06:12am
I wouldn't say I'm straightedge, even though I've never taken drugs or even smoked tobacco. I do occationally drink at parties or just when I go out for dinner. I don't have premiscuous sex or anything like that.

So I'm pretty straight laced, but I wouldn't say straightedge at all. The reason I don't do drugs and stuff is probably mostly because I'm not overly exposed to them.

I believe you can't really call yourself straight edge if you live in a small town where everyone's goodie goodie and no one takes drugs or are in an environment where you have no real choice. If you're surrounded by drugs and alcohol and still say no, that is different. That's why it's such a big thing with bands. Living the life of "sex, drugs and rock and roll" without actually participating in the sex or drugs would be a real struggle. This is what makes you straight edge. It doesn't matter what age you are. If you're living straight edge while the others around you go down a different path, that is truely straight edge. It's a lot to do with saying no to peer pressure in my opinion.

I admire people who are straight edge, but they shouldn't force their opinion on anyone else. To each their own.
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
July 31st, 2006 at 01:05pm
Hmm...

I guess I'm not old enough to be considered "straight-edge".

I'm only 15.

I haven't had sex. Haven't drank. Haven't smoke. Haven't done drugs.
Don't plan on having sex for a long time. Never plan on drinking, smoking, or doing drugs.

Most of this has to do with my being a Christian though.

Besides, I've noticed SxE people are usually scene or emo...can you not be scene or emo, and still draw black x's on your hands? Or is SxE a label all on it's own? Has it become a label all on it's own? So many questions...
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
July 31st, 2006 at 01:14pm
April?!:
Bascially, I'd say if you're under 18 and think you're straight edge, you're not straight edge; you're just obeying the law.

No Offense but that has to be the stupidest thing i`ve ever heard. If someone doesn`t drink or smoke,etc,
it`s because it`s their choice.
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
July 31st, 2006 at 01:21pm
Kiss Me,Tory:
April?!:
Bascially, I'd say if you're under 18 and think you're straight edge, you're not straight edge; you're just obeying the law.

No Offense but that has to be the stupidest thing i`ve ever heard. If someone doesn`t drink or smoke,etc,
it`s because it`s their choice.

Most definitely right. The law doesn't stop people from doing anything...unless they're pansies. People just do stuff because they made the decision to do so.
atoned angels.
Salute You in Your Grave
atoned angels.
July 31st, 2006 at 01:38pm
bothourcarscollide:
Besides, I've noticed SxE people are usually scene or emo...can you not be scene or emo, and still draw black x's on your hands? Or is SxE a label all on it's own? Has it become a label all on it's own? So many questions...

Of course, you don't have to be scene or emo.

It's the new "scene" trend to be straight edge, which is why a majority of people you see claiming to be straight edge are self-proclaimed scenies.
oldmanglasses9
Killjoy
oldmanglasses9
August 1st, 2006 at 11:29am
I think being straight edge is awesome. If more people were straight edge the world would be dripping awesomeness. People would be healthier in general I think. I am not straight edge but I am now thinking about becoming straight edge.
TheRadThimble
Killjoy
TheRadThimble
August 4th, 2006 at 12:20am
I disagree with saying that if you are under 18 you aren't straight-edge just obeying the law. I'm 14 and have already been pressured to drink and have been questioned about using recreational drugs. I have drank before. Not at a wedding just saw and and decided 'why not'? But then I actually thought about what I was doing. and I felt it was extremly stupid. It doesn't even taste good. I also noticed what it did to people, alcohol. It often leads to stupid decisions and regrets. So I consider myself straight-edge. I am also a vegan.
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
August 4th, 2006 at 03:34am
Oh, you don't have to be scene or emo to be straight edge or to draw black Xs on your hands. I would wager that there are people who draw the Xs without realising what they mean, just assuming that they are cool or part of the scene image.

Here's a history lesson on the origen of straight edge Xs and I'm pretty sure it's correct: In clubs and concerts for all ages the security guards used to mark the underage kids hands with black perminant marker with an X so that the people on the bar would know not to serve them. People who were straight edge started doing this when they went to these clubs also so that people knew that they wouldn't be drinking. It spread from there and is now a symbol for straight edge people everywhere. Anyone who considers themselves straight edge, or anyone under age who won't be drinking really, can use this symbol.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
August 13th, 2006 at 11:50am
Heh...I just wish I had the willpower and self control to be straightedge. I really respect that, I know it's a difficult thing to do. Right on to the straight edge kids out there.
change.
Motor Baby
change.
August 15th, 2006 at 01:05am
I'm straight edge. I have had MANY opportunities to drink and smoke[[ & i'm only 14 ]]. I never do. It just ruins peoples lives. I have a friend [[ She is not to be named ]] and she always had a problem with her father. He father is a drunk and never really been around for them. & she complains about not having a good dad because of it. She blames it on his drinking. And then she met a few bad people and now she is drinking her ass off every night. I dont think that makes sense. She complains about her father being a drunk. When he is allowed to drink. But she is 17 and is wasted almost every night....
Radio
Killjoy
Radio
August 21st, 2006 at 12:58pm
okay here is what i think:
i dont think that it is bad to be straight edge but what i do think that it is bad to push your beliefs on someone else. (but that stays the same for most cases). and even though i may not be straight edge i respect my friends who are. if someone is straight edge you should respect them for their beliefs and hope that they will do the same to you. (and i also believe the same for religion but thats another topic). one of my philosophies on life applies here once again: if it doesnt hurt someone then why do people really truly care. true acceptance may be difficult but it makes everything so much easier.
Kurtni
Fabulous Killjoy
Kurtni
August 24th, 2006 at 10:38pm
There is nothing wrong with Drinking alcohol when done in a mature way, and thats what makes me dislike this life style. Alcohol isn't to blame for everything, and the world really wouldnt be that much better of a place with alcohol gone. This is a life style choice, and If it's yours I respect that, but I see no point in cutting out alcohol.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
August 26th, 2006 at 11:41am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
There is nothing wrong with Drinking alcohol when done in a mature way, and thats what makes me dislike this life style. Alcohol isn't to blame for everything, and the world really wouldnt be that much better of a place with alcohol gone. This is a life style choice, and If it's yours I respect that, but I see no point in cutting out alcohol.

Alcohol isn't the only thing that is cut out in a straight edge lifestyle, remember that. There are many resons why I, personally, would and do cut out alcohol (plenty of point from where i'm standing). I won't go into those reasons, but they vary on major reasons to more trivial ones. Plus the fact I never really drank before, I see no point in starting. Sure, it doesn't do any harm, but what is the point in drinking?. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Kurtni
Fabulous Killjoy
Kurtni
August 26th, 2006 at 11:53am
Bloodraine:

Alcohol isn't the only thing that is cut out in a straight edge lifestyle, remember that. There are many resons why I, personally, would and do cut out alcohol (plenty of point from where i'm standing). I won't go into those reasons, but they vary on major reasons to more trivial ones. Plus the fact I never really drank before, I see no point in starting. Sure, it doesn't do any harm, but what is the point in drinking?. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I know it's not the only thing, it's just what I don't agree with.
my name is tristan.
Salute You in Your Grave
my name is tristan.
August 27th, 2006 at 05:30pm
Casey (I hope that's your real name), I've heard that so many times from friends. I'm sXe and everytime I tell people they look at me like I have two heads or something. And they automatically think I'm a boring person to hang out with just 'cuz I won't drink. A lot of people are so stupid.
Sweet.Sorrow
Motor Baby
Sweet.Sorrow
August 28th, 2006 at 09:58pm
Personally, I applaud people who are sXe. I'm not because I couldn't live without caffine, ( Okay, I could live without it but I wouldn't be very happy) but I think some of the things they don't do are just common sense. I wouldn't ever do drugs or smoke because it's pretty stupid to be addicted to things that can really hurt you in the long run, but, yeah, I might drink once in a while when I get older but I wouldn't do it so much that I was always drunk or anything. I think you should do what you feel like while making sure you can be happy about making that choice. It's all about what makes you happy, just don't hurt anyone else in the process, such as driving drunk.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
August 28th, 2006 at 10:52pm
It's a good cause.
But just wait 'til the scene drops.
Seriously. Being straight edge is just like, part of the scene now.
I mean, I'm sure lots of people do it for other reasons.
But honestly, I think that most of it is just part of someone's.
"image."
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 29th, 2006 at 04:55pm
I consider myself to be sxe.
I know that I am under 18, but I know plenty of people who are druggies, alcoholics, and not virgins. Which is sad and pitifull.

I am a vegetarian and I have never-nor will I ever smoke, drink, or have promiscous sex.
That's just self-destruction.

When you do things like that, you honestly don't have any control of what's happeing inside of your body.
I am a control freak.
I need to have control of myself.