Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
blablabla12345667
Salute You in Your Grave
blablabla12345667
June 4th, 2007 at 05:55am
Umm...I think Cancer is about cancer...I dunno, just a feeling.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 4th, 2007 at 08:07am
it doesnt make me cry, i think its supposed to leave an effect on you and it did, but i never cried about the song
akissgoodbyexx
Killjoy
akissgoodbyexx
June 9th, 2007 at 12:12am
yes, it's about the patient suffering from cancer..like everyone has said.
this song almost made me cry. but hey, i love it.
yards1623
Killjoy
yards1623
June 11th, 2007 at 04:01am
I know it sounds like the kids dying of cancer, yes in the storyline of the album he is dying of cancer, but it's not what it really means. The song is really about a dad leaving his family, but the song had to fit the storyline so what's as bad as losing your dad? Cancer.. Gerard said that by the way
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
June 15th, 2007 at 04:41pm
that makes sense..Very Happy...This song makes me sad sometimes...but not really..Sad
mz_mcr_shawna_71391
Fabulous Killjoy
mz_mcr_shawna_71391
June 16th, 2007 at 07:15pm
this song meanz so much to me seeing as breast cancer runs in my family. my great grandmother had breast cancer but she beat it. im pretty much sure that my meaning has been said already but i still think i should state my opinion. im pretty sure this song is about someone who has been battling cancer and is in their last moments and is telling someone very close to them that the hardest part of his whole ordeal is losing them and he wants them to do some last minute things. He also realizes that he'll never be able to do most of the things that you usually do with your life. for example, getting married. wow. i feel a little smarter. hope you like the explanation. Wink
Flu Rescent.
Killjoy
Flu Rescent.
June 16th, 2007 at 08:34pm
mz_mcr_shawna_71391:
this song meanz so much to me seeing as breast cancer runs in my family.

Like me really. My nan died from Cancer so this song will always mean alot to me really.
MCRisforeversavingme
Killjoy
MCRisforeversavingme
June 27th, 2007 at 07:05pm
this song makes me wanna cry almost every time i listen 2 it..... i turn it up as loud as i can and just take it all in, and i tell whoever is around me not 2 talk 2 me b/c im listening 2 "sad song" , and thats just how i am for some songs, but few songs make like this., this song is so powerful.
MCRisforeversavingme
Killjoy
MCRisforeversavingme
June 27th, 2007 at 07:54pm
this song is so sad, its like he had cancer when he wrote, it. its powerful, i almost wanna cry when i hear it!
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 10th, 2007 at 12:35am
Maybe Cancer is ametaphor for more..like maybe the Black Parade itself...

"My sisters and my brothers still,
I will not kiss you.

'Cause the hardest part of this,
Is leaving you."

Brothers and sisters can be the crowd/fans themselves
and the hardest part of this is that when the badn releases another album there will be no more Black Parade

"..Bury me in all my favorite colors"
Maybe black and red for the death of the parade

and the chemo therapy could be a reference to doing shows..?
"know that I will never marry..baby im just soggy from the chemo but counting down the days to go..it just aint living.."
Marry maybe not literally..maybe the band will never be tied down to one thing
Theyre tired from shows and are seeing how many are left until the parade is no more..and its tearing them apart inside

"That if you say goodbye today,
I'd ask you to be true.

Is leaving you.

Is leaving you."
...Asking the fans/crowd to be loyal even when they're not the Black Parade anymore

That's what I came up with

or maybe its exactly what it says it is a patient going through this horrible desease(sp?)=/
ForgottenxTeenager45
Fabulous Killjoy
ForgottenxTeenager45
July 12th, 2007 at 01:38am
cancer is the best song in the world sure i cryed 1st time i heard it just because my grandad died of cancer after i never got to tell him i loved him and the day b4 i was about to tell him i came home and he was gone Crying or Very sad cancer is just a song and i most likley sound stupid but to me its more than just some song it reminds me of somthing amazing somthing tragic somthing i miss somthing i love
Pixie.
Killjoy
Pixie.
July 13th, 2007 at 04:59am
I had a.... different reaction when I heard this song.
I was soooo fucking angry when I heard it. I guess I was thinking about how a person who's never had it trying to get the real emotion of it. I guess I thought, you know, if you don't have it, don't dwell on it.
Yeah, of course I've lost people to cancer. I'm losing myself to cancer, for God's sake. But I never... I don't know, put that feeling into words. But it's really quite beautiful.
xBring.More.Knivesx
Killjoy
xBring.More.Knivesx
July 15th, 2007 at 10:38pm
I just watched an interview with Gerard on Buzznet or something and he said the song is also a metaphor for a dying relationship. Like you know you can't save it, but you know you have to end it because it can't be saved. I thought that was kinda cool.
im dont feel ok
Killjoy
im dont feel ok
July 17th, 2007 at 06:10pm
i was like sobbing when i heard this song. My Grandma died from cancer when i was only like 4 so i didnt understand how bad it really was. but now that i hav grown up ik how bad it really is.
RIP grandma=(..
square_fan
Killjoy
square_fan
July 18th, 2007 at 08:05pm
i like the song cause y aunt died of it.
Sweet revenge.Xo
Fabulous Killjoy
Sweet revenge.Xo
July 19th, 2007 at 03:44pm
I love this song it made me cry the first time I heard it.It's so sweet.
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:23am
i nearly cried at this song. i reckon its about the patient dying of cancer, after just getting out of chemo, he has no hair, and don't wanna say goodbye to his loved ones.
bloody hell, im going, "sniffs"
monica elaine
Killjoy
monica elaine
July 27th, 2007 at 01:09pm
i really love this song... it makes me cry
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
July 27th, 2007 at 02:17pm
I really love this song. Cancer is basically about The Patient dying of cancer.

"Now turn away, cause I'm awful just to see. Cause all my hair's abandoned
all my body, oh my agony."

When someone has cancer, isn't his or her hair supposed to fall of?
not living not dead
Killjoy
not living not dead
July 30th, 2007 at 10:34pm
i think that the song is just mainly about cancer but gerard put little messages into it like i think it was befor him n eliza broke up so when know that i will never mary n baby in just soggy from the chemo n counting down the days to go that was his little message to her im not sure but it could have been im no exspert ya know!