Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
Klaus.
Motor Baby
Klaus.
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:46pm
i THINK that the guy in the wttbp video is the guy that died from a heart complication, coz he still has his hair, and that there may be two different guys...because every knows that gerard re-did his hair to look like the chemo patient, but he looks nothing like the character in wttbp. so i think there are two dead people, one from a heart problem, and one from cancer, BUT i'm not sure.
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
November 23rd, 2006 at 01:51pm
this explains going through the struggle of losing someone to the fucking diesese
cancer.Because you know thats how the person feels
"The hardest part of this is leaving you"
My grandma held on until we told her to just let go..don't fight and we loved her
she died liked 5 minutes after that...i;ve lost more to cancer than i would like
But yeah the song pretty much explains itself
I_Just_Met_MCR!
Killjoy
I_Just_Met_MCR!
November 23rd, 2006 at 06:10pm
omg! gerard has cancer?
iero the hero
Joining The Black Parade
iero the hero
November 24th, 2006 at 06:40pm
Laura is nerd_cool?!:
x-tara-x:
STFU.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease.
I was most likely wrong, but I thought that the patient died of heart problems. In Dead! it says:
"During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"

And also, on the hidden game on mychemicalromance.com it asks "How did you get here?" (as in how did you die) and you click on the heart if you want to get anywhere. So I had just thought it was the heart...

1)I think that maybe the patient did die of heart complication. To me, the song is about someone he met in the Black Parade and is telling him their story of how they died of cancer.

2)But, Gerard did state that he bleached his hair blonde to 'take on the character of the patient.' (The blonde is supposed to make him look bald) And in AP the patient is bald, like a cancer patient who has been through Chemo.

Those are my 2 best guesses.

Maybe the cancer was in his heart?
My best guess.
Yaoi Owns You
Jazz Hands
Yaoi Owns You
November 24th, 2006 at 07:39pm
gerard269:
omg! gerard has cancer?

no honey gerard does not have cancer. Even though its kinda gunning towards that, but nothing says he does or doesn't.

My thing is, is when I heard this song it kind of stuck me as 'omg is he dying?'. The story of TBP is about the patient dying in his early 30's and seeing death as a black parade etc. etc.

but still, all I get out of that and this whole thing is that Gerard (and possibly the whole band) is/are confronting thier fear of dying.

Does anyone feel that way too?
Ashlei
Marmalade
Joining The Black Parade
Marmalade
November 25th, 2006 at 02:35pm
^^ I agreewith your theory of confrontation.Most people are afraid of death,even if they dont realise it.

Also: I think that the song is about the patient telling his family that he is going to die,and then telling them how he wants his funeral to be
"Call my Aunt Marie.
Help her gather all my things,
And bury me in all my favorite colors."

Also I think that it it relates to death in that the complication with his heart mighthave been during an operation to remove the tumor and then his heart gave in fighting and thats how he dided of a complication in his heart.

I find that song hard to listen to,because my uncle dided of cancer,and I knew the night before,but nobody told me he'd had cancer untill he died.He refused treatment,because he knew it was to far on to do anything about.I can relate to most of you,because it is hard to lose someone in anyway.
Yaoi Owns You
Jazz Hands
Yaoi Owns You
November 25th, 2006 at 04:52pm
^^
*claps*
Well done

JayJay
gerards hot
Killjoy
gerards hot
November 26th, 2006 at 09:57pm
my teacher told me to write the lyrics to my favorite song and i choose this song. its awsome
Revol
Killjoy
Revol
November 27th, 2006 at 08:03am
Such a raw, sad song - a masterpiece!
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
November 27th, 2006 at 10:07pm
Awake_And_Unafraid:
i THINK that the guy in the wttbp video is the guy that died from a heart complication, coz he still has his hair, and that there may be two different guys...because every knows that gerard re-did his hair to look like the chemo patient, but he looks nothing like the character in wttbp. so i think there are two dead people, one from a heart problem, and one from cancer, BUT i'm not sure.

That is truly some food for thought. There ARE two patients, the one that died in the WTTBP video, and the one from the photo shoots. The one from the photo shoots is the bald one who obviously died from cancer and he is the one that goes to tv show performances. The patient from the video still has his hair when he dies so... I don't know.
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 5th, 2006 at 10:47am
This song is amazing. He is kind of giving up his life. and excepting the fact that the cancer has spread and he is going to die.
DevilHunter44
Killjoy
DevilHunter44
December 11th, 2006 at 04:15pm
this song "Cancer" is obviously about someone or one of Gerard's family members suffering, dying OR already dead from cancer ( damn that bastard kills everyone)
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
Killjoy
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
December 11th, 2006 at 04:57pm
My nana died of brain cancer. I walked into the room and she died.
HaleyRevanssi
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HaleyRevanssi
December 12th, 2006 at 04:43pm
provehito in altum.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease. He's gone through chemotherapy (as his hair has fallen out, which he mentions) but it didn't save him. He asks the people he loves to not lie when they say their final farewells to him, because "the hardest part of this is leaving you."

I agree with her^^^^.....I cried when I heard this song...I mean, I was like, sobbing. MCR really captured everything in this song. This song really hit my soft spot.. Cry
HaleyRevanssi
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HaleyRevanssi
December 12th, 2006 at 04:45pm
ImNotOkay_TrustMe:
My nana died of brain cancer. I walked into the room and she died.

Im so sorry for you...That mustve been real hard for you..Im really sorry...My grandma might have cancer, so Im worried. But I am really sorry for you...
Cry Cry Cry
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
Killjoy
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
December 12th, 2006 at 04:55pm
Don't be sorry.
She was in a lot of pain.
Zakul
Killjoy
Zakul
December 13th, 2006 at 02:25am
iero the hero:

Maybe the cancer was in his heart?
My best guess.

Yeah. That's what I think, too.

Anywho.
I think one meaning is The realisation that he has the disease; even if it is in his last hours. He's kinda come to terms that he will die.

But another might be, as someone else said, A story from someone else he met on his way to heaven.
sarockgirl
Killjoy
sarockgirl
December 13th, 2006 at 06:48am
this song did make me cry coz we discovered two years ago that my mother had breast cancer &for a time we thougt we were gonna lose.but shes okay now & in remission
GoodLord
Full of Ephedrine
GoodLord
December 13th, 2006 at 09:11am
sarockgirl:
this song did make me cry coz we discovered two years ago that my mother had breast cancer &for a time we thougt we were gonna lose.but shes okay now & in remission

Glad to hear she's ok.
When I was 9 my grandad died of lung cancer and I never had a chance to say goodbye and tell him how much I loved him. My family wouldn't let any of the kids go to the funeral, I was so pissed at them for denying me the chance to say goodbye, but in hindsight maybe at 9 i wasn't strong enough to cope with the trauma. This song is the first song in 11years to actually say something to me. When i heard it first I was in my car at some lights and I just broke up so much that i had to pull over when they went green.
This song has so much raw emotion in it, the patient explaining to his family that he will die soon, and he loves them even if he won't show it physically to them. I think it's about the patient finally realising what is happening to him.
withered waste
Killjoy
withered waste
December 13th, 2006 at 10:19pm
i heard that when Gerard wrote this song that he cryed! Cry Cry Cry Cry