Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:10pm
About The Paitient dying of Cancer...ins't it
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 21st, 2007 at 12:18am
I think I see what you're saying, crazzimioisnotokay.

1. The End, 2. Dead!, 3. How I Disappear, 4. Sharpest Lives.

Those could possibly be songs of denial. 5. Welcome to the Black Parade could possibly be the divider, where the Patient is finally convinced it's going to happen.

The rest 6. I Don't Love You, 7. House of Wolves, 8. Cancer, etc. maybe the Patient trying to deal with death. Is that what you're saying?

I don't remember where, but I heard an interview on youtube that someone commented that "Three Cheers" seemed to be about being afraid of death, whereas "Black Parade" was about accepting and embracing it. I can agree with that, and it seems to go along with what you're saying.

As for the Patient, if he did not die at "Welcome to the Black Parade," well perhaps the "heart complications" could have been caused by the cancer. I am not a doctor, and know little about correlations between the two, but I daresay it is possible.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 21st, 2007 at 08:08am
^thats exactly what im saying Smile
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:20pm
Solitary Style.:

Those could possibly be songs of denial. 5. Welcome to the Black Parade could possibly be the divider, where the Patient is finally convinced it's going to happen.

The rest 6. I Don't Love You, 7. House of Wolves, 8. Cancer, etc. maybe the Patient trying to deal with death. Is that what you're saying?

I don't remember where, but I heard an interview on youtube that someone commented that "Three Cheers" seemed to be about being afraid of death, whereas "Black Parade" was about accepting and embracing it. I can agree with that, and it seems to go along with what you're saying.

As for the Patient, if he did not die at "Welcome to the Black Parade," well perhaps the "heart complications" could have been caused by the cancer. I am not a doctor, and know little about correlations between the two, but I daresay it is possible.

Yes, that makes excellent sense. As for this song's meaning in my interpretation, despite being just about the patient's cause of death, I think it serves as an ode to those who've had someone important in their lives die from the disease as I have with my grandmother...this song really reminds me of her and her last few days alive...
T!NY
Killjoy
T!NY
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:17pm
Nikki.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease. He's gone through chemotherapy (as his hair has fallen out, which he mentions) but it didn't save him. He asks the people he loves to not lie when they say their final farewells to him, because "the hardest part of this is leaving you."

i 100 percent agree.
Steal Corpses!!
Really Not Okay
Steal Corpses!!
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:18pm
i always thought it was about his grandma but you know i could be wrong
Say Goodbye!
Killjoy
Say Goodbye!
May 25th, 2007 at 03:50pm
I think that its related to the patient, the main caracter, but I think its also a tribute to the people who are dying of cancer and can't be saved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZNMKrmTwfw

Here's a link to the video, its so sad tough Crying or Very sad
lena is a potato
Killjoy
lena is a potato
May 25th, 2007 at 10:43pm
crazzimiosnotokkk!!!:
ohh ok, that makes sense, ya i get what you mean because like you said he is supposed to die in welcome to the black parade, unless we have a misunderstanding about the song... hmmm..or maybe he didnt die in welcome to the black parade, maybe welcome to the black parade could be just the beggining of the patient realizing that he is about to die, his begginging to accept the idea of death, realizing whats ahead of him...and almost looking at death in a positive way, which gerard and the rest of mcr seem to stress alot, the beauty behind death. a perfect example being the song helena... and even welcome to the black parade would be an example because of the whole idea of death coming to you in your fondest memory. the patient hasnt died yet, but is realizing the fact that he is going to die and that it is ok to die, everyone will sooner or later, and he too is realizing that theres some beauty behind death. and if you think about it, the first few songs before welcome to the black parade seem to be more focused on the patient doubting and worrying about the fact that he is going to die, and the rest of the songs after black parade almost seem to be the patients acceptance of death, realizing its ok to die and that he is going to die, and looking back at the life he had...in cancer i guess he is saying good bye to his loved ones, and he is, once again, accepting the fact that he is going to die and is trying to be strong about it...and in a sense mcr is trying to portray a message about death, and trying to wake us all up and realize like hey your gonna die..do you have a problem with it???..... and in a way we could all relate to the patient in the beggining as far as worrying about death but then he realized its ok to die, and mcr is trying to do the same for us...and while doing that, with every single song individually their teaching us something about life, but once all the songs are put together like a story it seems to be all together about death and once again waking us all up about the fact that we are going to die, and to stop running from the fact and start accepting the fact that we are all going to die (and i think showing us the good behind it almost makes us less afraid). to live your life and enjoy it while you can, and to, once again, show the beauty behind death since we are constantly hearing the negative side of it...ya know what i mean??? does this even make any sense?

no lena .... potatoe don tink so.... i think its about life and not dieing.... it has nothing to do with dieing... no ones gonna die
Ice-Cold Flames
Killjoy
Ice-Cold Flames
May 26th, 2007 at 01:07am
i think cancer is more then just the diesease cancer but about the fact that you know your going to die and when the time comes when you know it's soon you want to say good bye to everyone you love but it hurts you to say goodbye because you want to stay with them, though for the story it's about how the patient is dying from cancer
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 26th, 2007 at 01:37pm
imascreamer:
crazzimiosnotokkk!!!:
ohh ok, that makes sense, ya i get what you mean because like you said he is supposed to die in welcome to the black parade, unless we have a misunderstanding about the song... hmmm..or maybe he didnt die in welcome to the black parade, maybe welcome to the black parade could be just the beggining of the patient realizing that he is about to die, his begginging to accept the idea of death, realizing whats ahead of him...and almost looking at death in a positive way, which gerard and the rest of mcr seem to stress alot, the beauty behind death. a perfect example being the song helena... and even welcome to the black parade would be an example because of the whole idea of death coming to you in your fondest memory. the patient hasnt died yet, but is realizing the fact that he is going to die and that it is ok to die, everyone will sooner or later, and he too is realizing that theres some beauty behind death. and if you think about it, the first few songs before welcome to the black parade seem to be more focused on the patient doubting and worrying about the fact that he is going to die, and the rest of the songs after black parade almost seem to be the patients acceptance of death, realizing its ok to die and that he is going to die, and looking back at the life he had...in cancer i guess he is saying good bye to his loved ones, and he is, once again, accepting the fact that he is going to die and is trying to be strong about it...and in a sense mcr is trying to portray a message about death, and trying to wake us all up and realize like hey your gonna die..do you have a problem with it???..... and in a way we could all relate to the patient in the beggining as far as worrying about death but then he realized its ok to die, and mcr is trying to do the same for us...and while doing that, with every single song individually their teaching us something about life, but once all the songs are put together like a story it seems to be all together about death and once again waking us all up about the fact that we are going to die, and to stop running from the fact and start accepting the fact that we are all going to die (and i think showing us the good behind it almost makes us less afraid). to live your life and enjoy it while you can, and to, once again, show the beauty behind death since we are constantly hearing the negative side of it...ya know what i mean??? does this even make any sense?

no lena .... potatoe don tink so.... i think its about life and not dieing.... it has nothing to do with dieing... no ones gonna die

MY TRASH BAG LADYY!!!! I HAVE FOUND YOU MY LOVE!!!!!!!! what are you talking about????? the cd or album??????? your NOT a potatoe!!!!! your MY TRASH BAG LADY!!!! and yes the album is deffinitley about life, but it does have a little to do with death...my christina love. thats the point im trying to make here, that no one died, i think its like teaching you about death yet life at the same time to not be afraid and to "keep on living"....you should know what i mean since we are LOVERS!! i doubt anyone else does...but YOU are my lover!!!!
lena is a potato
Killjoy
lena is a potato
May 26th, 2007 at 02:30pm
Solitary Style.:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you moster!!!!!!!!!

CRAZZIMOI SAID THAT NOT YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP TAKING CREDIT FOR WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!
ITS NOT FAIR TO ANYONE!!!

SHE IS MY LOVER NOT YOURS !!!!!!

MINNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!!

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!! OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHH-QOUTED BY CRAZZY NOT ME!!

SEE I DIDNT TAKE CREDIT FOR WHAT SHE DOSE!!!!!!!!!

I QOUTED HER MUHAHAH!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

OR I WILL COME AFTER YOU WITYH HANNIBLE WHILE YOU SLEEP!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 26th, 2007 at 04:39pm

^^
imascreamer, Please stop spamming this thread.

Just so that this isnt spam :
For me Cancer is kinda like a metaphor for all of Socities people trying to smother me and kinda push me in the background, and with the patient hes finally accepted his fate and is making last requests!

:]
x-lil-miss-mcr-x
Killjoy
x-lil-miss-mcr-x
May 28th, 2007 at 12:48pm
He's Singing As If He Himself Has Cancer And How It Feels And He Doesn't Wana Leeve His Lovd Ones
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
May 29th, 2007 at 11:54am
The first few times i listened to this song, i cried like a baby. Although i havn't lost anyone from cancer, the lyrics really touched me.

Theres also a thing about the way Gerard sings it... I dont think another singer could have pulled it off like he did. I think it's like that with alot of MCR's songs.. Gerards got that thing about him when he sings that really reaches out to me.
mrs gerard way
Killjoy
mrs gerard way
May 30th, 2007 at 10:20am
i have witnessed cancer and the song describes it perfectly! it is true that it is not a nice thing and the hardest prt IS leaving you !!!
GetRevenge1124
Killjoy
GetRevenge1124
June 1st, 2007 at 02:14pm
my neighbor died of cancer it was really sad becasue everyone in the neighborhgood loved him. He was the nicest guy ever and i miss him a lot Crying or Very sad

and if you haven't seen the video for it there is 1, i didn't even know about it but its sooooo sad:
Black Autumn
Killjoy
Black Autumn
June 1st, 2007 at 04:56pm
Like most people here have said, this song makes me cry. It's one of those songs that most people can relate to as most people will know of/have someone close who has died from Cancer, It's the part where he sings "Turn away" that sets me off for some reason. Sad
PerfectionIsALie
Killjoy
PerfectionIsALie
June 2nd, 2007 at 04:41pm
Sad This song made me cry when i first heard it. Crying or Very sad
whatserface
Killjoy
whatserface
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:58pm
cancer is one of my favorite songs by MCR, ive never really lost anyone from cancer, but i still feel the pain of losing someone... and it sucks
steel.corpses.
Joining The Black Parade
steel.corpses.
June 3rd, 2007 at 07:50pm
this is my favorite song by my chemical romance
it's so beutiful and I broke down the first time I read it
I think it's about the patient looking back and saying goodbye to all the things he used to know and love. Crying or Very sad