July 31st, 2007 at 12:41pm
Sad( tell me thats not true: Gee has Cancerrrr? =((
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 1st, 2007 at 07:09pm
Maniya:
Sad( tell me thats not true: Gee has Cancerrrr? =((

No. But then, he probably wouldn't tell us if he did.
Disgust
I think the meaning to this song is completely obvious.
It's not hard to understand.
Someone's dying of cancer.
I saw a video of this live, and that is the only song that can make me cry.
. . .but only when played live. Is that weird? I don't know. But it did. He seems so sincere when he's singing it, puts so much feeling into it.
But my sister having cancer probably didn't help the situation much. . .
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
August 4th, 2007 at 01:14am
ummmm... this song is sooo pretty, i love it. gerard sings it like it is him that is dying, not someone else. not even someone close to him. like he was dying with unfinished buisness, without a full tase of life, way before his time. the patient is probably talking to a loved one, like a sister or mom. he is probably just coming to real terms with his upcoming passing, which makes it so emotional. i'm tearing up right now listening to the song!
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 4th, 2007 at 12:53pm
It's about someone you love dying of Cancer that has gone through chemo therapy which didn't save him, and he is saying his final bye.
xThanksForTheVenom
Killjoy
xThanksForTheVenom
August 10th, 2007 at 10:38am
I love this song so much. It's just so beautiful and true. Gerard just has this way of putting so much emotion into his voice. It almost makes you feel like you're there witnessing all of the things he sings about. For the first week I had this album, I would cry every time I listened to this song. It really touches me, considering my Grandmother/fath died of cancer. And as far as I know, I was the last person to see my grandmother alive.

But anyway, the meaning is pretty much described in the title. It's about a guy (probably The Patient) suffereing from cancer and all of the effects of chemotheropy and so on. He's basically saying goodbye to his loved ones and telling them to be honest with him.
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
August 10th, 2007 at 03:25pm
Smile this song is sooo beautiful. it almost made me cry! just almost...

>this song is obviously about cancer and how so many people suffer from it.

>i think it's also about other sufferings and not only about cancer. maybe they used cancer as a symbolism for the other hardships that we encounter. Smile
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 11th, 2007 at 01:11am
TO be honest, this song is a song that actually touches you. When I first saw the film clip, i realised that the song is so sad but true.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:27am
Well,it's basically about CANCER.
lol.
I dont' think many people are confused about the meaning about THIS song.
Youwearmeout
Killjoy
Youwearmeout
August 17th, 2007 at 07:56pm
This some is obviously about Cancer, its about being the person dying from it.

For me this song shows that it can happen to anyone, it's not a case of it will never happen to me, becasue it can. And for many of us it will.

although i havent had Cancer myself, someone in my family has. Luckly they survived it. Crying or Very sad

This song shows that the patient knows he is going to die, and is trying to prepare himself for it by trying to distance himself from his loved ones.
We'llCarryOn
Banned
We'llCarryOn
August 22nd, 2007 at 05:17am
its about how the patient is suffering from cancer and it sounds like he's either saying his last words or writing his will and went through chemo "Im just soggy from the chemo"

Oh and SUICIDE ROCKS!!
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:09pm
this song is obveusly about someone who has cancer and how they are diying and affraid to say goodbye. i think this is an important song because there are many people who can relate to this and even though it may make you cry it is important to get the word out and be able to relate. i can relate to this song because my aunt had cancer and i remember crying and hoping. so did my very close friends mom and we would sit and cry together and after that it came back.
Tiffany xoxo
Killjoy
Tiffany xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 09:05pm
This song is SO sad....it nearly made me cry.

A boy in my year died of cancer in july so it always reminds me of him which is sad...
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
August 26th, 2007 at 01:18am
From the mention of Chemo I thought it was someone's final conversations with their loved ones after a battle with Cancer. I see the song as very emotional and upsetting and I always feel drained after listening to it. It's my favourite MCR song.

May sound strange but this is the first song I heard all the way through by MCR. It was on a recording of a live show, as soon as I heard it I was hooked, I watched the whole show and then watched it from the begining seven times... That took 3 1/2 hrs at nightime, until I fell asleep, Lol. Then I went straight out and bought the CD. This song was the start of my obsession and I adore it.

xxx
mcr-lover123
Joining The Black Parade
mcr-lover123
August 26th, 2007 at 03:59am
hi i think that one of the bands friends mite have or died from cancer and they made the song for a teibute to there friend or i dont want to sound mean but one of them mite have it!

cazza
mcr-lover123
Joining The Black Parade
mcr-lover123
August 26th, 2007 at 04:01am
my.gerard.romance...:
TO be honest, this song is a song that actually touches you. When I first saw the film clip, i realised that the song is so sad but true.

ye you no it real touchs u in side because nearly everyone does or did now someone with cancer!
no room in this hell
Killjoy
no room in this hell
August 26th, 2007 at 06:35pm
This is a great song, I liked it sooooo much, when the cd came out I was rehearsing a play where my character died of cancer, and I always used this song to get in the mood. I love this song.
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 9th, 2007 at 12:26pm
This song is the second I heard and it made me a fan, really.
Of course it's about a person dying of cancer and saying his last words. Tis sad...
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
September 13th, 2007 at 06:47am
One of my favourite songs on TBP
TheSavourOfTheBroken
Killjoy
TheSavourOfTheBroken
September 16th, 2007 at 03:40am
When i first heard it i thought one of them had cancer
Kemmel
Killjoy
Kemmel
October 4th, 2007 at 07:44pm
Right now this is the one for me. I've a lot of bad memories of cancer and whotnot within my family.

Like Metallica's Nothing Else Matters, this is a lighters and cellphones out moment when it's played live.