Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
alex suarez.
Fabulous Killjoy
alex suarez.
December 15th, 2007 at 03:26am
this song makes me cry. especially the video. the boy in the video was nearly me. although i had a brain tumour and i lived. so many raw emotions come up when i see the video or hear the song.
alex suarez.
Fabulous Killjoy
alex suarez.
December 15th, 2007 at 03:26am
and, you know, i'm not a boy.
Moonlight Seeker
Killjoy
Moonlight Seeker
December 26th, 2007 at 06:30pm
I'm_Okay_Now:
this song makes me cry. especially the video. the boy in the video was nearly me. although i had a brain tumour and i lived. so many raw emotions come up when i see the video or hear the song.

It's still hard for me not to cry, earing this song...
The lyrics are really strong... And, I think they have more than one meaning, although the main is the patient
«The hardest part of ths is leaving you» is one of the lines that may be aplied to many other things in life..
But still cancer is the main theme, and probably the hardest, but possible one

So congratulations Clap
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
December 30th, 2007 at 05:16pm
I'm_Okay_Now:

Hi, there, IOKN;

Just let me say that it's truly amazing that you survived something like that, and I really commend you....being so young, and having gone through something like that. WOW, I can IMAGINE that this song is really personal for you.

You seem to have a lot of courage. That's awesome, because in this life, you need it.

Anyhow, ya, the song really strikes a nerve with me, because my own mom dies of cancer when I was 22. I was 14 when she was first diagnosed, so just watching her suffer on and off for all of those years was really painful...and she DID suffer, tremendously...and a lot of people tend to overlook the intense EMOTIONAL suffering that comes with this disease, as well as the physical. That's why this song struck such a chord with me...He concentrates on the emotional aspect, as well as the physical, which is so important, because people have got to remember....this is a disease that COMPLETELY DRAINS YOU!!!!

I think the hardest part of the entire ordeal was that my dad, nor any of my other relatives, were around when my mom was sick, so I was pretty much alone to figure it all out on my own. Ya, this song really spoke to me.

It's REALLY powerful. My heart broke when I first heard it...opened up a lot of old wounds.
alex suarez.
Fabulous Killjoy
alex suarez.
January 4th, 2008 at 03:40pm
my mum and dad said no to chemo and instead they gave me lots of vitamins and put me on this special eating plan. it worked and the doctors were like "wow." because they said it couldn't be removed and then it got removed. I didn't really know what was going on, it was crazy.
EmLuvsGeeWay
Killjoy
EmLuvsGeeWay
January 4th, 2008 at 07:41pm
That song is one of my favorites it made me cry. Doesn't Gee really express himself and the song so much that you get super emotional? I know I do!
StarGirl.
Jazz Hands
StarGirl.
January 9th, 2008 at 02:56pm
I love this song. Gees vocals are just so powerful and haunting, and it always either calms me down or just brings tears to my eyesCrying or Very sad. It has such powerful lyrics that people can relate too. I really think they should release it!!
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 27th, 2008 at 10:08pm
I cried when I first heard this song. Its obviously about the patient dying from cancer and leaving his love.
GuysLikeUsInPrisonXx
Killjoy
GuysLikeUsInPrisonXx
January 31st, 2008 at 07:26pm
this song makes me cry every time because my grandma, who i was really close to, died of lung cancer.
Gerardus
Killjoy
Gerardus
February 8th, 2008 at 10:20am
The ridiculous thing about this is..everyone thought Gerard ACTUALLY had cancer. Probably because he puts so much emotion into it, which would naturally make it pretty convinsing. It is a lovely song. My mother is waiting to hear from the doctor. They are 99% sure it is cancer though. It is quite tragic. This song gives me a sort of...understanding. More like...an exeptance. I hope she gets better.
As for the meaning...I think it is pretty straight forward. The patient is dying of cancer, and he doesn't want to say goodbye yet. It is a very sad song...but very beautiful.
Lizzil430
Killjoy
Lizzil430
February 22nd, 2008 at 06:33pm
The cancer part is just a metaphor for not being aroud anymore. The song is about lossing someone close without being able to say goodbye. It is kinda like Ghost of you. but said a little differently.
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:35pm
maudlinromance:
Same as STFU. says, and also when I listen to it, I see someone so sick of being sick and like the song goes, asks them to do some last minute things. Getting a drink of water, calling Aunt Marie, help gather his stuff, burying him in his favorite colors. He doesn't want to be kissed, because in his way it is a symbol of saying goodbye, and he is milking it so he doesn't have to say goodbye.

"I will not kiss you,
because the hardest part of this is leaving you."

It is a very sad song and it really does touch me because, even though I haven't lost anyone to Cancer, I've lost someone and the hardest part of it is leaving loved ones.

This song is really deep and i cry when i see it preformed live because i have lost someone to cancer and someone else in my family has cancer so it means even more to me.

Dispite my personal experiences, this song is very well written and truly touches me.

Its Deep, it is one of two songs that i cry to when i hear them (the other is better than me by hinder cuz i was on msn and talking two people out of suicide one of them being my best friend for 11 years so every time i hear it i am reminded of the time i almost lost my best friend)
William the Bloody
Killjoy
William the Bloody
March 22nd, 2008 at 01:23am
First of all, I would just like to say this song is very touching to me and it made me cry the first time I heard it. But anyway, this song is about dying of cancer. The main character of the song is really sad because he is leaving his loved ones behind.
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
March 23rd, 2008 at 03:28pm
this song makes me sad cuz i knew someone who had died from cancer and when i got this cd and saw this song, i didn't wanna listen to it because it would just bring back memories of this person and make me sad.
JIDDURBUG.
Really Not Okay
JIDDURBUG.
April 2nd, 2008 at 11:36am
it's like.. the patient, he doesn't want to be changed by cancer..
"bury me in all my favorite colours" - i don't know, might just be me, but it's like he wants to be remembered as he was before he got ill..

it's pretty straightforward really, but it affects so many different people..
i'm listening to it now, and reading through all this just makes me think of people i know affected by it :/

i feel out of place saying this, cause people who've posted on here, i really do admire.. anyway, i'm going off point now..

this song (or the album really) came out when my friend was going through all this with her mum.. it's wierd how a song can reach out to so many people in such different situations :/
Bittersweet Spell
Killjoy
Bittersweet Spell
April 5th, 2008 at 06:33pm
i love this song and the first time hering it put em to tears and i still get emotional hering it. Watching them placy this song live amazes me both times iv seen it . He puts so much energy and heart into it and All this raw passion is amazing
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 12th, 2008 at 05:43am
I love this song so much... I really moves me because my grandma passed away with cancer before i met her, and my other Granddad was dying with cancer when this song first came out (he's passed on now) and it always makes me cry because it makes me think of him and what it was like for him. I might have to sing it for a friend's music assignment because they have a piano and violin... I'll be singing it so hard for my grandma and pa and I hope they hear it from heaven...
MyxChemxToxThexEnd
Killjoy
MyxChemxToxThexEnd
April 14th, 2008 at 04:37pm
This is one of the most sad songs i ever heard, i think what their trying to say i though that someone they love is dying of cancer and know that the person will die. Its an awesome song, ive cried to it many times.
St3ph_MCR_
Killjoy
St3ph_MCR_
April 15th, 2008 at 06:19am
this song made me cry when i first heard it cause it hit my close to home as such. my cousin who was like a borther to me died a couple of years ago from cancer and i don't think anyone can no who it feels to have someone in ur family to have cancer if they themselves don't have someone who has it in their family and even as a family member who is sick with it, could no how it feels to have it and its like so hard to talk about even when ur a family member. but for me i don't want ppl to feel sorry for me i want them to treat me the way i was treated b4 my cousin died and b4 he got sick Crying or Very sad
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
April 17th, 2008 at 12:58am
This is a truely beautiful song. the lyrics are so strong, bringing me to tears almost every time.

Although this song is more than likley about a cancer [a give away is the album cover/album art, but im not saying it definitly is about cancer] patient, in hospital who is near death.

''I will not kiss you,
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.''
- it is hard for him to come to terms that these people surrounding him that are so dear to him are people he'll never see again.

'''Cause all my hairs abandoned all my body, ''
- the chemo has made his hair fall out.

I think the amazing thing about this song is that Gee expresses such emotion, and such details without even going through such a terrible disease. It has a strong meaning to me and many others.