Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
YoungHearts
Killjoy
YoungHearts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:16pm
cancer is just cancer. its just what it is. its about the patient dying of cancer.
Cancer is a horrible thing that takes people you love away from you. Im 13 and my best friend died of cancer a couple of months ago. she had it for 3 years and it sucked. she could hardly swallow food. when i saw mcr in concert i was balling during that song. i couldnt even sing the words that night.

so i think its abou the patient dying of cancer and he doesnt want to leave his loved ones
frankiegirl456
Killjoy
frankiegirl456
April 22nd, 2007 at 08:17pm
i think the song is about gerard.because u can get cancer from smoking.i do not really know but that is wat i think
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
April 25th, 2007 at 06:40am
Cancer.... by M.C.R.
This is really the most depressing song I have ever heard from them...

The patient (which has been really the center of the album the black parade) was suffering from this terrible disease (cancer)...

He already knew the fact that he was really definetely going to die... He made his final will to his loved ones..

Turn away... (He asks his loved one to just turn away, somewhat to say that... If the loved ones don't want to see him in pain then he just have to turn around and just get him a glass of water...)

Cause my lips are chapped and faded (this is really a sad part.. A sign of suffering.. The patient was drying up.. Suffering.. In pain.. definetely was going to die..)

Call my aunt marie (this was his last wishes for his loved ones to do for him before and after he dies)

My sisters and my brothers still I will not kiss you.. Cause the hardest part of this you.. (The patient was preventing himself to cause more pain for all of them..he doesn't want to kiss them cause he knows it would hurt so much more and harder to say goodbye.. Leaving them was really the hardest part.. because, he would now accept the pain, suffering but he can't say goodbye)

Really depressing..... the second verse is about the suffering part.. where he says how he looks like.. And no to look at him cause he was really an awful thing to look at and it would make his loved ones to grieve more...

Counting down the days to go... (It hurts more that little by little.. eventually, he is going to die.... mostly in 3 months time)

it just ain't living (he really was goin to die)

The next prt is about tellng his love ones that if they say goodbye, just tell him all he needs to here.. Be true, no more secrets.. He needed to hear evrything they have to say.. So that he can leave the world with little pain to think tht he had all the best farewells...

(The hardest part of this is leaving you...) it is really hard to leave someone.. that you love.. care... and spent your whole life...

That's teh best I can do for now....
snowMermaid
Joining The Black Parade
snowMermaid
April 25th, 2007 at 08:03am
didnt gerard's grandma died of cancer?
snowMermaid
Joining The Black Parade
snowMermaid
April 25th, 2007 at 08:12am
Smashing Pumpkin:
Cancer is for Gerard and mikeys father.. Who died of Cancer..:S

their father's dead? wen? i tot he was in LOTMS...
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
April 26th, 2007 at 12:06am
really??? Dead?? Since when..? Thought he was still alive.. Shocked
Snowball.
Demolition Lover
Snowball.
April 26th, 2007 at 11:53pm
Someone in Gerard & Mikey`s family almost died of Cancer I don`t know who tho
hopeLESShair
Killjoy
hopeLESShair
April 29th, 2007 at 09:57pm
LOVELY AT THE SAME TIME HURTS!
after i heard this song,
I ENCOURAGE MYSELF TO ALWAYS GIVE MY BEST
FOR ANITHING THAT I DO!
no matter what......................
BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT
TO BE WASTED ONLI FOR DOING NOTHING
OR STAYING IN A HOSPITAL!
i undrestand now! so THANX!
withafireinside
Killjoy
withafireinside
May 1st, 2007 at 01:24am
Obviously, this song is about someone dying of cancer. It's right there in the title. Did Gerard and Mikey's grandmother die of cancer? I'm not sure. At the concert I went to, Gerard said that so many people have been touched by this disease and that he wrote this song for them. I know a lot of their songs (Helena, Ghost of You, Cemetary Drive) are at least somewhat related to the death of someone close to them, and I think this one might be too.

It's a really emotional song, and the patient goes through a lot of different feelings. Regret for all the things they'll never get to do in life ("know that I will never marry"Wink and guilt for the pain he may be causing his loved ones, feeling like a burden to them and worrying about the sadness they'll feel when he's gone. It's definitely the saddest song that they've ever done.
Mannequin
Killjoy
Mannequin
May 1st, 2007 at 05:33pm
Seriously, I really think this may be the best song ever written. I don't know, it just kind of hit me the first time I heard it. Still does.

But about the song meaning, I think it is about someone close to one of the members in the band. Like Helena is about Gerard's and Mikey's Grandmother.
NikolettaMCR
Killjoy
NikolettaMCR
May 4th, 2007 at 11:52am
This is a really sad and touching song. Every time I hear it I cry because my grand-father died a month ago because of this desease.(sorry about my english, I'm from Greece) Crying or Very sad
TouchedByCancer23
Killjoy
TouchedByCancer23
May 4th, 2007 at 10:59pm
This song makes me cry every time....because I can relate to it...because my mom has cancer for the second time.....in her bones and lungs....and she has about a year left to live....and my life is soo screwed up right now.... Sad
TouchedByCancer23
Killjoy
TouchedByCancer23
May 4th, 2007 at 11:04pm
This song is soo sad, i can't listen to it without crying, because my mom has cancer for the second time. She has never smoked, and has always been moderately healthy. She has cancer in her bones and lungs....all over....and she just broke her femur in half last week and has been in the hospital ever since, and there has been complications...and I don't know what to do.....

And she is going to DIE in about a year....my life is so screwed up right now......
snowMermaid
Joining The Black Parade
snowMermaid
May 5th, 2007 at 01:17am
it could also be about gee and mikey's grandfather. no one had said anything about him. or, it could possibly be that he's just putting himself in the shoes of a cancer patient.
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 12th, 2007 at 10:18pm
um...
duh...its about cancer.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 12th, 2007 at 10:22pm

^^
Well obviously, but people are trying to find a deeper meaning.

When Gerard was talking about this song he said it was obviously about Cancer, but it had a deeper meaning and it was a big metaphor, I must be really stupid but Im not really sure about this..... what does he mean?
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:34pm
Suicidal Reject.:

^^

When Gerard was talking about this song he said it was obviously about Cancer, but it had a deeper meaning and it was a big metaphor, I must be really stupid but Im not really sure about this..... what does he mean?
I think what gerard means is that we all can be a disease for example we can all be mean and like cancer it could spread to other parts of your bodyit's just like if people are mean to you you would be mean back to the
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:39pm
rip my heart out:
Suicidal Reject.:

^^

I think what gerard means is that we all can be a disease for example we can all be mean and like cancer it could spread to other parts of your bodyit's just like if people are mean to you you would be mean back to the
I forgot to add i may be wrong about that but thats what i got out of that
xxcryingallalonexx
Killjoy
xxcryingallalonexx
May 13th, 2007 at 01:25pm
Yeah, it's obvious that it's about cancer, but MCR songs always or at least most of the time have a deeper meaning.
This song is about the feeling of helplessness and embarresment when you suddenly are taken over by something you can't contorl, eg. Cancer.
It's a deep meanigful song, but i don't think it's supposed to be depressing. just meant to make you think.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 01:41pm
xxcryingallalonexx:
Yeah, it's obvious that it's about cancer, but MCR songs always or at least most of the time have a deeper meaning.
This song is about the feeling of helplessness and embarresment when you suddenly are taken over by something you can't contorl, eg. Cancer.
It's a deep meanigful song, but i don't think it's supposed to be depressing. just meant to make you think.
i agree with you