Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
gothprsn713
Killjoy
gothprsn713
October 6th, 2007 at 04:04pm
this song is so sad!!!!!!! i cry every time i hear it and think of the people that are dying of IT!!!!! (cry, cry). May they get better!!!!!!
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
October 7th, 2007 at 07:37pm
M'kay.

I don't care if someones already said this, because I didn't have the time to read through upwards of five pages.

Let's keep in mind that The Black Parade is something of a rock-opera, shall we? Now, "The Patient" is dying and at some point between The End and Blood he dies, presumably. So I have two theories.

One, is the current condition of our beloved patient, dying from the cancer eating away at him, and he is saying his goodbyes because he knows that time has run out. He asks modest favors of whomever is surrounding his hospital bed. This seems accurate because my guitar teacher's father died from cancer and she said that this was how he acted.

Another theory is that Cancer could be one of "The Patient's" revelations about the world he is leaving.

If that makes any sense at all.
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
October 7th, 2007 at 07:42pm
Frerard Wayero.:
x-tara-x:
STFU.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease.
I was most likely wrong, but I thought that the patient died of heart problems. In Dead! it says:
"During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"

And also, on the hidden game on mychemicalromance.com it asks "How did you get here?" (as in how did you die) and you click on the heart if you want to get anywhere. So I had just thought it was the heart...

1)I think that maybe the patient did die of heart complication. To me, the song is about someone he met in the Black Parade and is telling him their story of how they died of cancer.

2)But, Gerard did state that he bleached his hair blonde to 'take on the character of the patient.' (The blonde is supposed to make him look bald) And in AP the patient is bald, like a cancer patient who has been through Chemo.

Those are my 2 best guesses.

Oh my gosh. Smiley

What if "The Patient" was getting surgery for his cancer but something went awry and his heart failed? Jeez, that gives me a whole new outlook on things...

Oh, completely irrelevant by the way, in the hidden game,
I can't get anywhere past the whole shooting part...
you seem like an expert,
what happens next????
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
October 9th, 2007 at 08:31pm
Satan's Angel:
Frerard Wayero.:
x-tara-x:
STFU.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease.
I was most likely wrong, but I thought that the patient died of heart problems. In Dead! it says:
"During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"

And also, on the hidden game on mychemicalromance.com it asks "How did you get here?" (as in how did you die) and you click on the heart if you want to get anywhere. So I had just thought it was the heart...

1)I think that maybe the patient did die of heart complication. To me, the song is about someone he met in the Black Parade and is telling him their story of how they died of cancer.

2)But, Gerard did state that he bleached his hair blonde to 'take on the character of the patient.' (The blonde is supposed to make him look bald) And in AP the patient is bald, like a cancer patient who has been through Chemo.

Those are my 2 best guesses.

Oh my gosh. Smiley

What if "The Patient" was getting surgery for his cancer but something went awry and his heart failed? Jeez, that gives me a whole new outlook on things...

Oh, completely irrelevant by the way, in the hidden game,
I can't get anywhere past the whole shooting part...
you seem like an expert,
what happens next????
You crash, join the black parade, and get a cool animation. Just remember what the nurse tells you in the beginning.

Anyways, I think it's a patient he meets along the way.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 10th, 2007 at 06:06pm
Cancer is such a sweet song. i love it so much.
charliewayXBLATES.
Killjoy
charliewayXBLATES.
October 16th, 2007 at 03:05pm
Gerard is such a musical genius,
who else could write a song with such pure and true lyrics about a disease, that they haven't got?

the song cancer, is about a patient suffering from the disease. in the song, i think the patient is fed up of being sick, and not being able to 'live', and who is counting down the days until he dies [counting down the days to go/ it just ain't living]. in the song, i think he's more sympathetic towards leaving his loved one(s), and the affect his death is going to have on them, more than worrying about the fact that he's going to die. [cause the hardest part of this is leaving you], he talks about not being able to marry, and being in agony, and then blames it on being 'soggy from the chemo' - probably because he knows this will upset his loved one(s). [oh my agony, know that i will never marry.. baby i'm just soggy from the chemo]. at the beginning he's talking to someone, asking them to do little things for him.. to take their mind off him? [if you could get me a drink of water/ call my aunt marie, help her gather all my things, and bury me in all my favourite colors..] and he also tells whoever it is to 'turn away' - the reason behind it being i don't think he wants whoever to remember him like this: his lips chapped and faded, and being 'awful to see' with all his hair abandoned his body.. he wants them to remember how he was before, so their memories of him when he dies are not of him sick, and withering away slowly and painfully.

writing this made me cry lmao Crying or Very sad

it's a beautiful, beautiful song.
charliee .. xoxo
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 19th, 2007 at 08:23am
Satan's Angel:
M'kay.

I don't care if someones already said this, because I didn't have the time to read through upwards of five pages.

Let's keep in mind that The Black Parade is something of a rock-opera, shall we? Now, "The Patient" is dying and at some point between The End and Blood he dies, presumably. So I have two theories.

One, is the current condition of our beloved patient, dying from the cancer eating away at him, and he is saying his goodbyes because he knows that time has run out. He asks modest favors of whomever is surrounding his hospital bed. This seems accurate because my guitar teacher's father died from cancer and she said that this was how he acted.

Another theory is that Cancer could be one of "The Patient's" revelations about the world he is leaving.

If that makes any sense at all.

Yeah, it may well be like that.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
October 19th, 2007 at 02:07pm
to me, it means that the patient is dying, and suffering from deep derpression because he knows it. He doesn't want to feel the sensation of saying goodbye to his loved ones because he does not want to leave, "the hardest part of this is leaving you," tells it.
and he asks for random favors that we do when a person dies.
"know that I will never marry," it sounds like the Patient never got to experience love.
"if you say, goodbye today, i'll ask you to be true," he wants his loved ones to be honest with him in saying their farewells, like no fake praises and just what they feel inside
xohmybleedingheartx
Killjoy
xohmybleedingheartx
October 28th, 2007 at 08:33pm
this song is about what it is...Cancer. and how dreadful it is for the people who suffer from it (in this case it's "the patient"
amber.
Killjoy
amber.
October 31st, 2007 at 09:53pm
just found out yesterday my mother is dying from pancreatic cancer which has already spread everywhere and totally destroyed the liver she has 6 months to a year to live and im 5 and a half weeks pregnant so im afraid if i listen to Cancer im gonna get emotional and loose the baby so ive sadly packed away my The Black Parade cd until i at least have the baby
mrs_tk_iero_way
Killjoy
mrs_tk_iero_way
November 4th, 2007 at 06:53pm
my aunt died of it and this song is kind of a good bye from the patient
Ramen_Besharp
Killjoy
Ramen_Besharp
November 12th, 2007 at 04:51am
well, i would think its from the point of veiw of a patient dieing from cancer.
and when he dies he wont be kissed because he doesnt want to leave his family/friends etc.
but what i would like to know, is if there is a story behind it.
i mean, did gerard have a reason for writing it, or was it just a whim?
amber.
Killjoy
amber.
November 14th, 2007 at 08:05am
well....my mom only has literally a few days left to live; the docs said she wont even be alive for thanksgiving; this will be extremely painful i didnt think i needed the grief councelors offered to me by my moms doctors and medicaid but i need to give them a call now. im almost 8 weeks pregnant i dont need this

i feel like i need a lot of emotional and spiritual help right now....
amber.
Killjoy
amber.
November 19th, 2007 at 04:38am
mom died on the 15th ive been broken since; if anybody has some kind words or a sympathetic shoulder it would really help. i feel ignored on this board since im 26....-.-
Lottzie4MCR
Killjoy
Lottzie4MCR
November 19th, 2007 at 10:26am
this song is defo one of my faves. its just so emotional and gerard singing it is perrfect! he really puts 110% in this song. i love it in a weird kind of way as the song is sad and means alot to me and my family

loveage <3
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
November 21st, 2007 at 06:22am
Even though for the story line of The Black Parade is about a patient dying the reason this song was made was by a relationship cause I remember a few months back about Gerard mentioning that in a interview, but the song can be seen so many ways but more about Cancer than what it was really about
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
November 21st, 2007 at 06:23am
amber.:
mom died on the 15th ive been broken since; if anybody has some kind words or a sympathetic shoulder it would really help. i feel ignored on this board since im 26....-.-

I'm sorry for your loss, I bet it's hard but just try see the light in the end of the tunnel cause I'm sure she wouldn't want you sad but I know and bet its tough on you right now.
RockOn
Killjoy
RockOn
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:48am
The first song I heard from this album is "cancer" not "welcome to the black parade"

I think it makes me cry............
Deadliest_2_Lead
Killjoy
Deadliest_2_Lead
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:26am
I think it's about a young man who's singing goodbye to a dearly loved one who's sitting beside him on the bed, on the crumpled white sheets of a hospital room. I imagine him to be holding her hand as he's asking her to bury him in his favourite colours and saying that he's a little ashamed of his appearance as he feels like he has to explain it 'soggy from the chemo' and he doesn't want to kiss her because he feels like it'd be saying goodbye where as for him the hardest part of dying is leaving her
howrie
Killjoy
howrie
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:37am
such a great song....everytime i see this song live its amazing....gerard and the keyboard....it sends shivers down ya spine and brings the tears to your eyes