Admin
Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:45am
-
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
November 4th, 2006 at 09:11pm
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease. He's gone through chemotherapy (as his hair has fallen out, which he mentions) but it didn't save him. He asks the people he loves to not lie when they say their final farewells to him, because "the hardest part of this is leaving you."
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
November 5th, 2006 at 05:54pm
Same as STFU. says, and also when I listen to it, I see someone so sick of being sick and like the song goes, asks them to do some last minute things. Getting a drink of water, calling Aunt Marie, help gather his stuff, burying him in his favorite colors. He doesn't want to be kissed, because in his way it is a symbol of saying goodbye, and he is milking it so he doesn't have to say goodbye.

"I will not kiss you,
because the hardest part of this is leaving you."

It is a very sad song and it really does touch me because, even though I haven't lost anyone to Cancer, I've lost someone and the hardest part of it is leaving loved ones.
The Rachel
Always Born a Crime
The Rachel
November 13th, 2006 at 02:46pm
the song almost made me cry when i heard it.
my grandma died of cancer (and i actually saw her die...) and so i can understand the song.
i was also worried when i heard it because i was like "omfg Gerard has cancer???''
cuz it was so believeable
Mrs. Lovett
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Mrs. Lovett
November 14th, 2006 at 10:28pm
i agree with stfu this is definitly one of my fave songs on the cd
Spiderpig
Banned
Spiderpig
November 16th, 2006 at 12:05pm
the patient in black parade this is wot he is dying of.
Spiderpig
Banned
Spiderpig
November 16th, 2006 at 12:48pm
oh yeah and my granda died of cancer when i was 5. i,ve got over it though
Morticia
Shotgun Sinner
Morticia
November 16th, 2006 at 02:57pm
Rachypoo:
the song almost made me cry when i heard it.
my grandma died of cancer (and i actually saw her die...) and so i can understand the song.
i was also worried when i heard it because i was like "omfg Gerard has cancer???''
cuz it was so believeable
oh babe. I'm so sorry, and I know how you feel. I did cry cause I lost my granddaddy to it, and he kind of fitted the description of the patient. its a song that struck me in the heart and nearly killed me.
x-tara-x
Bleeding on the Floor
x-tara-x
November 16th, 2006 at 08:20pm
STFU.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease.
I was most likely wrong, but I thought that the patient died of heart problems. In Dead! it says:
"During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"

And also, on the hidden game on mychemicalromance.com it asks "How did you get here?" (as in how did you die) and you click on the heart if you want to get anywhere. So I had just thought it was the heart...
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
November 17th, 2006 at 02:29pm
x-tara-x:
STFU.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease.
I was most likely wrong, but I thought that the patient died of heart problems. In Dead! it says:
"During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"

And also, on the hidden game on mychemicalromance.com it asks "How did you get here?" (as in how did you die) and you click on the heart if you want to get anywhere. So I had just thought it was the heart...

1)I think that maybe the patient did die of heart complication. To me, the song is about someone he met in the Black Parade and is telling him their story of how they died of cancer.

2)But, Gerard did state that he bleached his hair blonde to 'take on the character of the patient.' (The blonde is supposed to make him look bald) And in AP the patient is bald, like a cancer patient who has been through Chemo.

Those are my 2 best guesses.
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 17th, 2006 at 06:35pm
This is the most depressing song yet, by My Chemical Romance
This is song definetly means someone is going to die (I'm not trying to state the obvious or anything) , and there is nothing left to do but to live till the last day. It also seems like its saying that though that person is dying they will always have one lover and apreciate the life that they had. This song makes me want to cry. It's so depressing. Anyways this is what I think. I love this song it's super sh-nazzy
From_silent_dreams
Killjoy
From_silent_dreams
November 18th, 2006 at 04:38am
I believe that is beacues.Gerard or someone in the band lost someone from cancer and the song is also a medfor on life in it's self saying that not matter wich person you are the one who is dying of the one is is losting that person that it will allwase be hard no matter what. Even if it takes awhile to fell that pain from losing that person. so it ties in really well with the patiant becuse he is the one who is dying he is saying it is hard to leave the ones he loves. well that is what i get out of it.
eyelash wishes
Killjoy
eyelash wishes
November 18th, 2006 at 02:37pm
The lyrics in this song are amazinggg. I find it hard to believe that they're not written by someone with cancer, they seem so true and touching. In the right mood, this song makes me cry.
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 18th, 2006 at 06:14pm
yes i agree i wonder what was going through the band's heads???? I wonder what was going through Gerard Way's head when they wrote this song?
Simbaaaaa.
Joining The Black Parade
Simbaaaaa.
November 18th, 2006 at 06:21pm
yeah....the song made me cry when i first heard it. it still makes me cry once and while...my aunt died of cancer too.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 19th, 2006 at 05:31pm
Yep, it is rather sad.
ready set go
Really Not Okay
ready set go
November 21st, 2006 at 11:56am
this song makes me cry every time i listen to it!
Balthazar
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Balthazar
November 21st, 2006 at 01:17pm
This song is awesome but it is sad but you can relate it to a particular point in u'r life which i find nice ........sorta because nearly everyone here has most certainly lost someone. like i lost my grandparents when i was young.......................and just recently my parents told me we still had the ashes in my house so that put my mind at rest ...................haha typical parent humor.
xoxo...GossipGirl
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xoxo...GossipGirl
November 21st, 2006 at 02:43pm
This song is SO sad....it nearly made me cry.

A boy in my year died of cancer in july so it always reminds me of him which is sad...
MCRSkiller09
Killjoy
MCRSkiller09
November 22nd, 2006 at 12:09pm
really the song is a guy that is tell his love goodbye b/c his dying