Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
Claumcr
Killjoy
Claumcr
July 12th, 2008 at 06:30pm
This one is pretty obvious, it's about someone that is dying from cancer. but it's one of my favourite songs because it's so well described and the sound is amazing.
deeplycullen
Killjoy
deeplycullen
July 13th, 2008 at 09:44am
this song has a pretty powerful (in a sad way) meaning. it's a cancer patient who essentially knows in his mind that there isn't anything left to save him, and his hours left are limited. he's already done chemotherapy, and it didn't work. he's singing about how difficult it is to say goodbye, and wants them to be honest and true in their goodbyes, and to be true to him once he dies.
frankisahottie
Killjoy
frankisahottie
July 26th, 2008 at 03:33am
i
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 6th, 2008 at 08:21pm
this may seem crazy but I think it's about a dude with cancer and gerard is singing from his POV
frankisahottie
Killjoy
frankisahottie
August 12th, 2008 at 10:49am
i think this is a conversation in song between a cancer patient and his/hers lover,saying how hard it is to leave them.love is a powerful force. In Love In Love
gerardxway94
Killjoy
gerardxway94
August 20th, 2008 at 07:54pm
i love this song so much, it makes me cry whenever i listen to it because ive had cancer since i was 4, and im 13 now.

"Call my Aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favorite colors"

i think its that someone is dying of cancer (duh) and is asking people for small favors like getting a glass of water, calling his aunt, etc. so they dont have to think of him leaving soon.

"My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you
Because the hardest part of this is leaving you"

he won't kiss anyone not because he isn't afraid to die, but he regrets having to leave behind everyone else and doesn't want to be reminded of that. he sees kissing them as saying goodbye, which he isn't ready to do yet.
Super.Ninja.2
Killjoy
Super.Ninja.2
August 28th, 2008 at 11:49pm
um....
i think its about a cancer paitiot dieing,
:[[
City Of Flames
Killjoy
City Of Flames
September 13th, 2008 at 06:15am
HaleyRevanssi:
provehito in altum.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease. He's gone through chemotherapy (as his hair has fallen out, which he mentions) but it didn't save him. He asks the people he loves to not lie when they say their final farewells to him, because "the hardest part of this is leaving you."

I agree with her^^^^.....I cried when I heard this song...I mean, I was like, sobbing. MCR really captured everything in this song. This song really hit my soft spot.. Cry

This song means so much to me
cuz

my best friend is dying of brain cancer
*burst into tears*
he's currently going for chemo sessions but he doesn't want to because he says he's gonna die anyway.
It's so horrible to see a friend suffer like that.

He even said that when he dies, he wants me to play Cancer at his funeral.
He wants to let his family know that he loves them so much.

cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you...
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
September 15th, 2008 at 10:05pm
Ah. This song makes me cry every time I listen to it. I lost my 'favorite' grandpa to cancer, and it was miserable. Obviously the meaning is clear.
Gerard does such a great job with this song, it's almost hard to believe he doesn't have cancer, he captures the perspective of someone dying of cancer so well.
Samie-Lynn
Killjoy
Samie-Lynn
September 19th, 2008 at 06:30am
I love Cancer! It's such an great song! But when I first heard it I had a serious flashback.

Sami-Lyn Bye
Worthy
Killjoy
Worthy
September 19th, 2008 at 09:51am
I wish this song could make me cry, but it doesn't. I'm not really sure if that makes me a bad person. I lost my grandmother to cancer. I had just met her when I was eight because there were a lot of problems within the family and I didn't get to know her until then. A year later, she died. I wasn't even able to go to her funeral because I had only saw her twice and she lived, far, far away.
Then, a year after that, my best friend fell ill with brain cancer and died also. I went to her funeral and ended up driving in the hearse. It was the oddest funeral in the world. They were celebrating death.
Anyway, I feel really bad for not crying when I hear this song. I have no emotional feelings whatsoever.
disenchanted romance
Awake and Unafraid
disenchanted romance
September 20th, 2008 at 02:02am
the title says it all. someone dying of cancer. and that line "oh my agony know that i will never marry" is really very sad.
Roses Ablaze
Killjoy
Roses Ablaze
September 24th, 2008 at 12:54pm
He also said that the metaphorical part of this is leaving someone because you don't have a choice.
lamaine13_MCR
Killjoy
lamaine13_MCR
September 27th, 2008 at 09:02am
the songs is about an illness that hits almost athousand people on every corner of the globe.its about how hard it is to let go of someone that you really love but you can't escaped it its just going to happen and you just have to say your sweetest goodbye...........

it made me cry......................
Vampire Cat
Killjoy
Vampire Cat
October 5th, 2008 at 08:44am
A very moving song. It sums up perfectly the feelings someone suffering from cancer must have. I think anyone who's lost someone to cancer or suffered with cancer themselves can identify with the words in this song. My mum died of breast cancer many years ago now but when I hear this song I always think of her. When Gerard sings it live it's particularly moving. You can feel the emotion in his voice.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 10th, 2008 at 12:58pm
Right now I find this song very inspiring, currently I'm really sick and I'm getting alot of test done, the docter said it might be cancer but we wont find for like another week. But in anypiont right now this song means alot to me, when I heard this song the first time I had just lost a freind to Cancer and two years later I still think about her alot and with this song I could really realize how it was for her and its kinda like a beautiful commemorance of her and her life and the struggle she went throw and yet how the whole time she was a brave little girl with a great attitude
clockworkfan
Killjoy
clockworkfan
November 6th, 2008 at 10:26pm
it sounds like they thought the song welcome to the black parade wasnt long enough so they made a kind of continuation of it
Mrs.GerardWayCullen
Killjoy
Mrs.GerardWayCullen
November 28th, 2008 at 09:46pm
Cancer is a very sad song!
JAYBAY
Killjoy
JAYBAY
January 23rd, 2009 at 12:34pm
"Cancer" is about cancer patients in general. and like "the hardest part of this is leaving you" its really hard leaving someone you love and care about. Watching them go through the chemo, and knowing they will die eventually from it. its tough and thats what the song "Cancer" is about.
MuRdEr ScEnE
Killjoy
MuRdEr ScEnE
February 5th, 2009 at 07:33pm
I think that they are talking about someone with cancer. Who is dying and is in love with someone, but doesn't want to make things any harder when he has to leave "Still I will Not Kiss YOu/ Because THe Hardest Part OF this/ Is leaving you" THen it is talking about him during the treatments for the cancer "Baby I'm Just soggy From The Chimo" And the nhe also wants the person to know that he won't be with anyone else either "KNow that I will not Marry/ Because the hardest Part of this/ Is leaving you"