Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
x_DeathOnLegs_x
Killjoy
x_DeathOnLegs_x
April 22nd, 2008 at 09:24am
of all the songs i have heard, i think this is the best. it really shows you want cancer sufferers have to go through and it really makes me sad to hear but i love it so much.
it is very telling
Ferardz_and_Skittlez
Fabulous Killjoy
Ferardz_and_Skittlez
April 24th, 2008 at 11:39pm
maudlinromance:
Same as STFU. says, and also when I listen to it, I see someone so sick of being sick and like the song goes, asks them to do some last minute things. Getting a drink of water, calling Aunt Marie, help gather his stuff, burying him in his favorite colors. He doesn't want to be kissed, because in his way it is a symbol of saying goodbye, and he is milking it so he doesn't have to say goodbye.

"I will not kiss you,
because the hardest part of this is leaving you."

It is a very sad song and it really does touch me because, even though I haven't lost anyone to Cancer, I've lost someone and the hardest part of it is leaving loved ones.

yea i think that too i cried during this song because the message is so intense
XXxxMCR4EVAxxXX
Killjoy
XXxxMCR4EVAxxXX
April 27th, 2008 at 08:41am
maybe i'm wrong, but did gerard and mikey lose there dad to cancer? and that's why they wrote it? i don't know that's what my sister told me so someone please correct me if i'm wrong!
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
May 3rd, 2008 at 09:54am
XXxxMCR4EVAxxXX:
maybe i'm wrong, but did gerard and mikey lose there dad to cancer? and that's why they wrote it? i don't know that's what my sister told me so someone please correct me if i'm wrong!

dont think so :/ im pretty sure he's alive
but they did lose their grandma, hence Helena.
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
Killjoy
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
May 4th, 2008 at 09:45am
I think it's about what a patient would go through with a disease.
"Cause the hardest thing about this is leaving you"
Suffering from all this it's hard enough to go through this without you, if i die it'll be harder for both us.
mychemifangirl
Killjoy
mychemifangirl
May 9th, 2008 at 05:44pm
I think that Cancer is about the patient in the hospital, and his love is there with him and he is telling her that he wont kiss her because he knows that it will make it worse when he leaves. He doesn't want to make it worse for him and her. He knows it will because the better the moments they have together, the more they will suffer when he dies. I might be wrong but from my perspective thats wat i think it might mean.
marriedtomikey
Killjoy
marriedtomikey
May 21st, 2008 at 06:51pm
when i heard this song i was sobbing so sad i have to cry every time i hear this song
eejit
Killjoy
eejit
May 22nd, 2008 at 11:25am
Cancer was the first mcr song I heard so it's special XD
But it's like a guy saying goodbye and.. like dying basicly..

xxGabbyxx
Spiderlover
Killjoy
Spiderlover
May 22nd, 2008 at 12:38pm
everytime i listen to this song i cry because it is hard to lose someone you really love......
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
May 30th, 2008 at 10:25am
I think Cancer is actually one of the most straightforward songs on the Black Parade. The patient is describing the physical pain that he goes through from treatment and chemo, but then says that it is even harder to say goodbye to his loved ones-"The hardest part of this is leaving you."

Its such a sad song, but its really beautiful and I love it. Makes me cry.
Dramaticemotion
Killjoy
Dramaticemotion
May 31st, 2008 at 12:18pm
Nikki.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease. He's gone through chemotherapy (as his hair has fallen out, which he mentions) but it didn't save him. He asks the people he loves to not lie when they say their final farewells to him, because "the hardest part of this is leaving you."

Mainly what I was going to say.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
June 1st, 2008 at 04:48pm
wow well this song basically explains itself and its so incredibly raw but it has to be to really get the power across and i love it i thinks its one of mcrs best
i thought this song was powerful on the album....in concert when gee sang i broke down like sobbing it was just so incredibly like i cant even put it into words but cancer is something that affects so many people and takes so many loved ones lives
it has to be stopped
RAwrnesss
Killjoy
RAwrnesss
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:08pm
I think Cancer was a great song
I didn't listen to it forever, but i did
And it's just so sad
Sounds like they knew someone who died form cancer
yourfallenangel
Killjoy
yourfallenangel
June 5th, 2008 at 07:20pm
yeah ive lost someone that i love to cancer...
so this makes me feel better
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
June 27th, 2008 at 11:42am
self explanitory
i think is prob one the most, if not the most, powerful songs mcr has ever written
its something everyone get relate to
porcelain_reaper
Killjoy
porcelain_reaper
July 3rd, 2008 at 07:15am
I think this song is sort of about the patient dying of cancer, but i think it has made them see how little they have lived, and how much they're gonna miss. I also think its them saying they are dying metaphorically, you now like, saying he feels like life is over cos something happened to him.
Moonlight Seeker
Killjoy
Moonlight Seeker
July 6th, 2008 at 07:39pm
I don't know for shure, but I really believe that MCR have some "hidden meanings" in the songs. I mean, the song really his about a patient who is dying cause of cancer. But, if we analyse the song, we can say it also applies to our lives. For example: "I will not kiss you, 'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you" means so much in so many senses that I still think that the Patient is a regular guy that going throught something that someday will end (life), that has ups and downs. And Cancer really shows us how he felt when in a lower or (really ending) moment.

But that's just my opinion Smile
(sorry for the long post)
gee_roxmysoxz
Killjoy
gee_roxmysoxz
July 11th, 2008 at 05:06pm
Spiderpig:
the patient in black parade this is wot he is dying of.

i never thought of that. Thats a good point Smile
Cancer is a sad song it makes me cry sum times Crying or Very sad
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
July 12th, 2008 at 01:36am
I think the person is realizing that this is really the end and he has to say his good bye's but he doesn't want to admit that this is really good bye to his lover. And he is having a miserable time with the battle of cancer and coming to accept that he only has a few days left to live. I think its so sad. Sad

I heard Gerard say in an interview that the song can also be interpretated as a metaphor for having to leave someone in a relationship.
roosje212
Killjoy
roosje212
July 12th, 2008 at 10:48am
(srry for my english)
my mom died of cancer... and i like this song very much... it feels so familiar to what i've seen by my mother.. and Gerard sings it with so much emotions.

for me it means someone who says goobye to his family... he(or she) doesn't want that they see him when he is so illl, and bold because all the chemo... at the other hand, he really wants that his family is with him when he dies...and he also wants that they just go on with their lives after he died. it also feels like he is saying "maybe dead isn't that bad after all... and i will be with you if you need me allthough i'm dead"