about cancer doy
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 4th, 2007 at 06:11pm
laura's last words:
x-tara-x:
STFU.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease.
I was most likely wrong, but I thought that the patient died of heart problems. In Dead! it says:
"During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"

And also, on the hidden game on mychemicalromance.com it asks "How did you get here?" (as in how did you die) and you click on the heart if you want to get anywhere. So I had just thought it was the heart...

1)I think that maybe the patient did die of heart complication. To me, the song is about someone he met in the Black Parade and is telling him their story of how they died of cancer.

2)But, Gerard did state that he bleached his hair blonde to 'take on the character of the patient.' (The blonde is supposed to make him look bald) And in AP the patient is bald, like a cancer patient who has been through Chemo.

Those are my 2 best guesses.

Getting back to some of the earlier comments on this song... maybe the patient did die of complications... maybe heart cancer...
And yes.. it is possible that cancer is the story of another deceased person... because Gerard did state that the album is the story of a dying patients journey through the afterlife... and the patient met many different people after death... so the idea that its someone elses story rather than the patients isn't that far off.
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 5th, 2007 at 10:44pm
This song is not only about the patient dying of cancer, it is also about Gerard's grandmother dying of cancer. I can realate to this song because my grandmother died of cancer and my family has a history of having it. So this song is very meaningful to me
Standupfuckingtall.
Killjoy
Standupfuckingtall.
February 5th, 2007 at 11:05pm
...I dont think Gerard's grandma died of cancer ....
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 5th, 2007 at 11:11pm
Yea she did...and also stop spamming Spam
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 6th, 2007 at 03:58am
xXxABeautifulLiexXx:
Yea she did...and also stop spamming Spam
i agree with abeautiful lie chick.
ITS SAD, SO LEAVE IT

GOSH
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
February 7th, 2007 at 12:31am
hey guys!!!! Clap
just curious.....
did gerard dedicate it to someone?
hehehe.......
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 8th, 2007 at 01:55am
dunno...if he did it wud be his grandma i think...but im stopping talkin bout that...

>;(
xx-mcr-is-love-xx
Killjoy
xx-mcr-is-love-xx
February 8th, 2007 at 07:10pm
well im not suuure but its probably about someone they know who has cancer....
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 10th, 2007 at 05:16am
xx-mcr-is-love-xx:
well im not suuure but its probably about someone they know who has cancer....
DUH Read Msg B4. ^^^^^^^^^^^
We'reNotOkay
Killjoy
We'reNotOkay
February 10th, 2007 at 09:00am
Well, I saw in a biography about MCR that he said...(this was before the release of The Black Parade)

""When we first started out I had a really big issue and a lot of my loved ones had a really big issue with the fact that I was totally in pain up there and there was a time when I tried to hurt myself off stage, but I got over that. Like, you should never want to hurt yourself. You should love yourself. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person and I think that that is going to be a lot of what the next record is about, not to plug it or anything. Like, it's going to talk about dying and coming back to become what you totally want to become. We are all becoming what we want to become.""

And, that was off of Gerard Way's quotes on www.videocodezone.com.

And THAT wraps up the meaning behind the whole album.

Now. For "Cancer"

I'm not sure if the patient in "Welcome to the Black Parade" is dying of a heart complication or cancer. It could be either.

If not, then Gerard is probably putting himself in a Cancer patients shoes and telling about their struggles, and how they miss leaving their family.

Of course, I'm just guessing. =/
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
February 23rd, 2007 at 04:18am
When I hear this song, I can always imagine somebody sitting depressed, at a bar, drinking lots of alcohol, late at night after finding out somebody they love has got cancer and the song's playing on the jukebox or something.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
February 25th, 2007 at 06:02pm
I heard a theory on another site [gaiaonline.com, My Chemical Romance guild] that it was about cancer, but that it could also be interpreted as someone leaving for war or dying from a wound sustained during the war. It's an interesting theory. I'm not sure I'd agree with it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
February 25th, 2007 at 06:03pm
CanIplaywithmadness?:
...I dont think Gerard's grandma died of cancer ....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she did.
strat-guy91
Killjoy
strat-guy91
February 25th, 2007 at 09:11pm
Kinda simple. It's about life with Cancer. Specifically, it's about The Patient's life with Cancer. I have no idea how hard Cancer is for people. I can't admit that I know what it's like. But judging from the song, it's pretty damn harsh.
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
February 28th, 2007 at 03:13pm
My grandfather just past away because of CANCER, When he still was in a hospital, and was sick, I listened a lot to this song. In the end, he got very thin and could hardly speek. During this progress, and now. i've learned to be more around people. People I care about, and love and those who i don't wanna loose. I did'nt spend to much time with my grandfather.. So.. I got this auvfull guilt while he was sick, and in the funeral. Now I think about what I could have done different. I don't want that to happen again. . .
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
February 28th, 2007 at 07:54pm
I think that the song Cancer means what many others think. It means that a young man has been threatened of the disease Cancer. And I Quote, "Cuz im awful just to see, cuz all my hair has bandoned all my body all my agony...." Aka...you lose you hair with cancer, as the patient has stated. Carrying on..."Know that I will never marry" He will die too soon. "Baby I'm just soggy from the Chemo...but counting down the days to go" once again....not many days left till death. "It just aint living" you know what that means ''And I just hope you know....that if you say good bye today, I'd ask you to be true" He's dying. Say good bye, and what you want to say and mean it...."Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you." He's doesnt hate the cancer. He doesnt hate the causes...nor the effects....he hates leaving his loved ones. Thats what this whole song is about....afraid to leave his loved ones throught horrible Cancer. They should call it..."The life I had Cancer"....of something like that. I love this song. Pictures That You Boyfriend Took
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
February 28th, 2007 at 07:57pm
And thats all I have to say about thatt.
tidd; zero.
Killjoy
tidd; zero.
February 28th, 2007 at 11:33pm
My best friend was just diagnosed with cancer; again. He had one of kidney's removed when he was about 9 or 10, and has struggled to stay healthy for his whole life since then. Just a few weeks ago, he was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma in his remaining kidney. He will undergo surgery. No chemo is in order because chemo doesn't work for this type of cancer. He's in radiation and he's slowly deteriorating. I can't stand watching him like this.

The song Cancer helps us tough it through this, and it means alot to him that My Chemical Romance (his favorite band in the world) would put out a song like this.
Decapitated Dream
Joining The Black Parade
Decapitated Dream
March 1st, 2007 at 05:43am
to me patient dies in "dead" and the whole album is a reflection of his like and the journey he has taken to be united with the black parade.
cancer is him seeing how his death effected the people who loved him and then how that made him feel.