Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
Immortal_Shadows
Jazz Hands
Immortal_Shadows
January 21st, 2007 at 08:19am
This is an amazing song. It made me cry when i first heard it too. Iv'e never lost anyone close to me but so i cant relate to it as much as some of you can, but it still means alot to me as i do fear death and i fear losing people i care about, this song is brutaly honest about death- its brave and raw which makes it a beautiful song even though it it very sad and hard to listen too. It is definatly one of my favorite songs on The Black Parade.
gembob
Killjoy
gembob
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:58am
hey i thnk this osng is the best one on the album its great
i thnk the meaning is tht hes watching someone close to him die and tht and i quote lol "the hardest part of this is leaving u" thts wat i thnk
Serious Business
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Serious Business
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:34am
First time i heard this son I cryed. and second time. And third. Actally I cry every time i hear it. But well, I also cry a lot ;D
It is SUTCH a good song, but very sad Cry
life iz deaths dream
Killjoy
life iz deaths dream
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:43am
cancer iz jst bt sufferin nd pain as usual bt stl we all luv it
nd gerard way tehe i so ow da band wen iz sad they mk me hapy or at least nt suicidal MCR RULE!!! Smile
Gerards_Corpse_Bride
Killjoy
Gerards_Corpse_Bride
January 26th, 2007 at 07:04pm
This song makes me cry, my grandpa died from cancer
Im_Not_Ok1891
Killjoy
Im_Not_Ok1891
January 27th, 2007 at 10:14am
The song is about his cousin who had cancer....
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
January 27th, 2007 at 10:18am
Oh, it made me cry so much. I can play it on both piano and guitar - it actually sounds pretty good, but it is so emotional to me. One of the only songs in the world that could make me cry. Weird and sad thing is the first time i heard it, was the day my granpa died of cancer.. Uhm, that might be why i can relate so much to that song...
Tragic.Affair.
Killjoy
Tragic.Affair.
January 27th, 2007 at 01:19pm
Who is it about?
I've got a theory that it maybe is about Mikey's and Gerard's grandma that past away. She maybe had cancer.
Im not saying she had cancer, it's just my theory.
clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
January 27th, 2007 at 01:20pm
this one is very self explainitory, its about the pacient dying from cancer.

it's so beautiful.
Tragic.Affair.
Killjoy
Tragic.Affair.
January 27th, 2007 at 01:25pm
are you sure?
bad_gurl
Killjoy
bad_gurl
January 28th, 2007 at 05:50pm
mabey the band wrote the song because gerard doesn't want to die through lung cancer.
he IS a smoker.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
January 28th, 2007 at 06:16pm
My theory on Cancer is that The Patient can't be dying of cancer because The Patient is already dead.
Maybe he's looking through his memories or meets someone on his journies who has cancer. Maybe they're telling him about how awful cancer is, and how they suffered.
justsomegirl1990
Killjoy
justsomegirl1990
January 28th, 2007 at 10:20pm
i just saw an interview of them talking about all thier sons when they were named Artist Of The Month for December. Gee said that the song is self-explanitory and that it touches everyone because he's sure everyone has had experiences with cancer. I love this song so much. This one and Teenagers make me cry, they are both pretty amazing!
Tragic.Affair.
Killjoy
Tragic.Affair.
January 29th, 2007 at 10:34am
^ah yeah. on alot of the concerts right before starting singing Cancer he says it's to them who has cancer and everyone can relate to it.
Disillusioned.
Fabulous Killjoy
Disillusioned.
January 29th, 2007 at 11:06am
This is 1 of the few songs that actually made me cry
i love it to pieces
Plague Rat
Jazz Hands
Plague Rat
January 30th, 2007 at 02:19pm
i got scared at first because ithought gerard was dying Cry i cryed becaus my grandma got cancer
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
January 30th, 2007 at 02:56pm
One thing is to say.. I's a very beautiful song..
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
January 31st, 2007 at 03:19am
My God This Song Is So Sad, I Never Heard A Song That Sad Cry Cry Cry
its not very long but i totally fell in love with it...tears all round... Cry

grab the kleenex ppl No Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Standupfuckingtall.
Killjoy
Standupfuckingtall.
February 1st, 2007 at 05:36pm
OKAY I just wanted to say that I think i've uncovered this code...I THINK that it's almost a revision of The Beatle's "When I'm Sixty Four". I was listening to it the other day, and I was like...hey now..this sounds alot like Cancer... Honestly go check it out, its the same concept. If you listen to the lyrics, its exactly the same. I think MCR basically updated it into a newer version... Seriously it will give you chills when you realize the similarities...

Oh and it's off the Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band cd by the beatles. (Yes I realize they said this was one of the album's that inspired them, which just makes it even more of a possibiltiy.)
May Contain Violence
Killjoy
May Contain Violence
February 4th, 2007 at 04:24pm
When I first heard the song I thought "Does Gerard have cancer?" be I didn't know about the hair cut and with cancer you lose your hair. *WHEW*