Don't have an account? Create one!

Cancer

AuthorMessage
pitchforkred
Killjoy
pitchforkred
December 31st, 2006 at 03:22pm
provehito in altum.:
Cancer is about a patient in the hospital suffering from the disease. He's gone through chemotherapy (as his hair has fallen out, which he mentions) but it didn't save him. He asks the people he loves to not lie when they say their final farewells to him, because "the hardest part of this is leaving you."

i think thats correct 100%
XGoodxDaysxGonexBadX
Killjoy
XGoodxDaysxGonexBadX
January 1st, 2007 at 05:24am
Cancer is another one of My Chemical Romance's classics.

it shows that they get what goes on in life and death,
I dont like talking about cancer because my mother passed away from it, so I dont really listen to that song.
It was a slap in the face when i heard it the first time, not a bad one just a wake up call and it made me feel that whatever situation you are in with your life they get it.

i dunno thats just me...

x
HeLLsAnGeL
Killjoy
HeLLsAnGeL
January 1st, 2007 at 05:37am
Cancer is one of my chemical romances best songs. It's just raw emotion it's sad and makes me want to cry as my father died from cancer when I was very young but it's also beautiful in it's own deep and meaningful way.

It's about a patient that is suffering from a deadly diesease cancer. He has been through chemotherapy but it hasen't worked so he is getting people to gather all his things etc. But he is vainly dodging past that final part where he has to farewell his love
" 'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you."
XpoizonXkissesX
Killjoy
XpoizonXkissesX
January 1st, 2007 at 02:14pm
Every time I hear this song I cry, ive lost alot of loved ones from cnacer and it really speaks to me
"Call my autmarie
help her gather all my things
and bury me in all my favorite colors" I can just picture that so well and i like how people cant help but to shut up when ever they hear it, it really touches you and dismisses the stuff people say about rockstars only singing about the devil and murder and blood.
gerard's new wife
Killjoy
gerard's new wife
January 3rd, 2007 at 02:52pm
:'( It makes u cry!

Turn away basically means that he doesnt want people to come over cuz hell cry cuz he will miss him

And he talks about being 'soggy from the chemo' , 'oh my agony' and 'get water cuz my lips are chapped and faded' meaning he is suffering and is affected.

the bit that makes me cry is 'cuz the hardest part of all is leaving u' cuz it makes me think he is gonna miss every1 so much. To be honest if i died of cancer i wudnt actually mind it being played at ma funeral.

bex xxx
samthefallen
Killjoy
samthefallen
January 4th, 2007 at 02:32pm
i think the song is saying what it is like suffering and leting go of the ones you love. you don't want them to cry but they will. i cry every time i hear the song and it make's me think of how my grandmother must of felt. Sad
one less sad robot.
Demolition Lover
one less sad robot.
January 4th, 2007 at 04:57pm
i just love this song. i cry every time i listen to it,i can´t help it. it makes me think last spring, thats when i heard that my mom had breast cancer. at the time i was so depressed for quite a while. actually music was the only thing that made me think about something else. i love my mom so much and i can´t even think what it would be like live if she wouldn´t be here every time i need her. that was very hard time for me, but when i heard this song for the very first time, i realised how hard it was for my mom. i realised how hard it had been the whole time for her, while i was only thinking about what i would do if she wasn´t here. after we´ve had long talks about everything and i finally felt that i could help her when she was afraid and i could tell her it all is going to be ok.

now, everything is finally okay. she won the battle against cancer and she says that while she was sick she learned so much about herself and about how important it is to appreciate life. she has also said that it is hard to believe that someone who hasn´t had cancer can write a song like this.

this is what music should be about. it helps you when you are depressed and it makes you smile. it gives you hope.

<33
my.life_my.krap
Killjoy
my.life_my.krap
January 4th, 2007 at 11:36pm
this song is soo wiked. you'd almost think it was written by sumone with cancer, my nana had cancer and i sor her the last 3 days she was alive and it was just like the lyrics say. this is definatly one of the most emotional songs written by mcr and it's freakin' awsum cause alota pplz can relate 2 it.it got me right in the heart.
GerardISgod93
Killjoy
GerardISgod93
January 5th, 2007 at 10:22am
Best song on 'The Black Parade'
samthefallen
Killjoy
samthefallen
January 5th, 2007 at 03:49pm
yeah, it's a good song. but i m not sure if it's the best song on the cd
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
January 6th, 2007 at 01:50am
my grama and my best frnd both died of cancer and i had a brain tumor scare so this song real speaks 2 me. it reminds me 2 never for get the defeated and the broken the beaten and the damned.
rock on gerard!!!!!!!!!!!
Love_Kills
Killjoy
Love_Kills
January 6th, 2007 at 05:06am
When i listen to the song, i see a sick person, talking to his friend and telling her what to do. Telling her to call his aunt and bury him in his favorite colors as if he knows he is going to die soon and wants to make sure everything is perfect. My grandpa also died of cancer and my parents never told me how he died and what he died from. I recently found out from my sister.
Sweet Revenge.
Awake and Unafraid
Sweet Revenge.
January 6th, 2007 at 10:12pm
i saw an interview on MCOD wher gerard said that ther is not a person in this room that cancer hasnt affected

mi aunt died of cancer at age 40 a few years ago
the lyrics are really true its a beautiful and sad song
OurLadyofSorrows4977
Killjoy
OurLadyofSorrows4977
January 8th, 2007 at 08:10pm
I too have lost someone very close to me from cancer so when I heard this song I wanted to cry and go to the cementary to see my grandfather's grave. I think this song is about the patient(?) knowing he is going to die soon and seeing his brother and sister before he sees his Aunt Marie. So, he tells them to call her and tell her to bury him in his favorite colors. Also, he might be afraid to kiss his brother and sister good-bye because he is really hurt to leave them. I love this song and listen to this almost 24-7!!!
OMGshoes
Killjoy
OMGshoes
January 13th, 2007 at 08:16pm
well its probibly about cancer? wut do u think
OurLadyofSorrows4977
Killjoy
OurLadyofSorrows4977
January 13th, 2007 at 08:24pm
*LOL* DUH! The title is Cancer so I would hope it would be about cancer!
The Ush
Killjoy
The Ush
January 14th, 2007 at 09:04am
it's not really my fav. song on The black parade, but it's still pretty awsome. And it makes me cry, 'cuz both my grandfathers died 'cuz of cancer. I mean, I feel this song.

An' it's not hard to guess that's about cancer, duh Razz
aymeelovesmychem
Joining The Black Parade
aymeelovesmychem
January 14th, 2007 at 01:40pm
i cried during cancer .
it gets me everytime .
My granddad died of cancer and i didn't no until he had died
this song is so beautful x
WayFukdUp
Jazz Hands
WayFukdUp
January 18th, 2007 at 10:02am
Since i think each song on TBP has two meanings here is my take on things:

TBP: Patient has cancer, is going through chemo. Says the hardest part is leaving the ones he loves

What it means to Gerard: He said this song was written about a tough time he was having with his personal life during the recording. Now we know that it was his breakup with his girlfriend. hence the "hardest part of this is leaving you" and the "help her gather all my things" When you read the lyrics to Cancer and Famous Last Words, its as if he's telling you exactly what happened.
gerard_rox
Killjoy
gerard_rox
January 20th, 2007 at 11:53pm
My great-grandmother passed away 2 months ago from cancer and every time this song comes on i have to skip it because every line makes me think of her passing Crying or Very sad