Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:00am
Razz
Snape-a-doodle.
Salute You in Your Grave
Snape-a-doodle.
March 31st, 2007 at 04:05pm
Me and my mate [who shall remain secret] think he was affected in some way of cancer. Just a therory, Dont hurt me.....
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 1st, 2007 at 01:15am
Most people agree that the Patient died of heart complications, and most agree that he dies during the Black Parade. He did have a full head of hair in the WTTBP music video. "Cancer" comes later in the album, seemingly after the Patient's death. I have read that he encounters many of the deceased and hears their stories on his journey through the afterlife--possibly he talked to a cancer patient?
mcrrocks7
Killjoy
mcrrocks7
April 1st, 2007 at 06:18pm
its about the patient and how he came to the hospital in the song The End with heartbeat. Ha Ha
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 7th, 2007 at 04:39pm
most likely about someone close to him dying and not being able to save him
T.T
Motor Baby
T.T
April 7th, 2007 at 06:38pm
This may be a stupid question, but how did gerard and mikeys grandma die? maybe it has something to do with that.
Mcr.Frankie
Killjoy
Mcr.Frankie
April 8th, 2007 at 08:59am
Cancer is a song that makes my heart just melt.. I cry for it..
One of my friends actually died in Cancer.
Truth
Killjoy
Truth
April 8th, 2007 at 11:09am
I think MCR are describin what Cancer is like here. They do, and the immense struggle you must go through losing your hair and stuff, becoming ill, knowing you are going to die. And when Gerard says "The hardest part of this is Leaving YOU" IS ture. I mean although all the agony is incredibly overwhelming, he cannot deny the hardest part is leaving you (the person you love)
rockonbiiaaatch
Killjoy
rockonbiiaaatch
April 10th, 2007 at 12:39pm
im listening to dis song now. I love it . Its soo sad though Sad
Its obviously about the patient suffering from cancer
and its hard to leave the world and everyone he loves.
XxDisastrousLove
Fabulous Killjoy
XxDisastrousLove
April 10th, 2007 at 07:56pm
This has to be my favorite song off of Welcome To The Black Parade. It is really emotional for me, because I have lost a lot of family members to cancer. It's a horrible thing to witness.

To me this song is a man talking to his love. Saying "Turn away," because towards the very end they start looking pretty aweful, and he wants her to remember him the way he was, not the way he died. He's telling her to get the last minuter things done, "Call my Aunt Marie, help her gather all my things. And bury me in all my favorite colors." It also seems to me he's trying really hard to hold on and saying "I will not kiss you," because I'm assuming kissing her would be like sealing the deal. He's also saying it's really hard to leave her. Sort of like he's scared to go and let her go on with out him. " 'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you." He also says that counting down the days to go just isn't living, meaning he wants to go on and live life to the fullest, but he knows he can't. And he asks her to be true (to him) at the every end of the song, which means after he's gone he wants her to still love him.

I don't know, I think I'm just rambling. Smile
I mean this I'm OK
Killjoy
I mean this I'm OK
April 12th, 2007 at 09:38am
This song breaks my heart.

I look after children with cancer (I'm a nurse) and this song is just their lives.

It's a beautiful song, it's so raw, it's just so true.

I cannot listen to it without crying - it makes me think of the children who have gone.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
April 13th, 2007 at 05:01am
i think this song is really cool because it's about patient saying goodbye to all his loveones especially his girlfriend or something...
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
April 15th, 2007 at 07:21am
X.pull.the.trigger.X:
This may be a stupid question, but how did gerard and mikeys grandma die? maybe it has something to do with that.

huh...i've never thought about that before. good question. does anyone know?
cecelovesyou
Killjoy
cecelovesyou
April 15th, 2007 at 01:57pm
Hopping.Bunny.Way:
the song almost made me cry when i heard it.
my grandma died of cancer (and i actually saw her die...) and so i can understand the song.
i was also worried when i heard it because i was like "omfg Gerard has cancer???''
cuz it was so believeable

well actually he dosent have cancer the song was dedicated to the people who have cancer or someone who has lost someone to cancer
cecelovesyou
Killjoy
cecelovesyou
April 15th, 2007 at 01:59pm
earth2themorgue:
X.pull.the.trigger.X:

huh...i've never thought about that before. good question. does anyone know?

well their grandma did die but i dont think from cancer the song helena is for their grandma dieing... but once again the song cancer is for people who have and or lost someone to cancer.
cecelovesyou
Killjoy
cecelovesyou
April 15th, 2007 at 02:04pm
mcrrocks7:
its about the patient and how he came to the hospital in the song The End with heartbeat. Ha Ha

exactly its a concept album not in real life the concept is a black parade
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
April 16th, 2007 at 07:01pm
i think its about when you break up with someone especially the "dont kiss me" part is about him getting over someone else because when you love someone the hardest part to let go is the feeling of the kiss. I also think that the song title "cancer" talks about how like their love is uncurable and nothing can be done and the "im just soggy from the chemo" as in sad that you broke up and how you've cried
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 09:07pm
this song is the shit. why wouldnt they make a song like this?? cancer is great even though its sad Sad
Xxsunshine1441
Killjoy
Xxsunshine1441
April 20th, 2007 at 05:05am
OK so this song is defiently about someone suffering from cancer. It is there story of how they feel and what it is like to die from cancer. This songs moves me and it is very real to me what this person is going through because my mum died of cancer. The way she looked at me in the last two weeks of her life I could see how hard it was for her. For my mum the hardest part for her was leaving me and my sister. In this song I visual the person at home not in hospital. My mum died at home and in this song the person is surrounded by there family therefore I think they are at home. Im a huge fan on this song!
MyGeekyRomance
Killjoy
MyGeekyRomance
April 21st, 2007 at 07:54am
I agree with "Kiss me Goodbye" When I First heard The Song...I Thoought One Of The Band Members is/was suffering from cancer
Just A therey...I hope not thought, i looove them sooo much In Love