Don't have an account? Create one!

Disenchanted

AuthorMessage
GOTHICfairyPRINCESS
Killjoy
GOTHICfairyPRINCESS
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:06pm
i think this is about how ppl slag off gerard and the guys but then they qoute stufff they say and all that and the line "if u think that im wrong how can you listen all night long" sort of fits here becuase they are all like oh they talk shit it means nothing but they hang onto every word and how he had great expectations but things didnt turn out the way he thought they would
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
March 23rd, 2007 at 04:59pm
I LOVE THIS SONG I DONT CARE WHAT IT
MEANS BUT PERSONALLY I THINK ITS ABOUT
A REALATIONSHIP........
char
Killjoy
char
March 31st, 2007 at 02:43pm
"Well I was there on the day,
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out,
We watched our lives on the screen,
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene,
It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing,
It was a lie when they smiled,
And said you won’t feel a thing,
And as we ran from the cops,
We laughed so hard it would sting..."

When I first heard the song, I thought it was about suicide, at least, the part that goes-
"We watched our lives on the screen,
But it started with an alright scene..."
-I always took it to mean that he loved the way his life started but it ended horribly (suicide?).
[[This could be refering to the patient (cancer.)]]

Then, this part-
"It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing..."
Maybe it's about how going on stage and singing gave him a reason to carry on? Like, feeling wanted// needed?

lol, idk.
Auriel_Aden
Killjoy
Auriel_Aden
April 2nd, 2007 at 03:29pm
Gerard said at the concert in Birmingham (22nd March) that it was about having a dream and waking up in the dream and then realising that it was all fake. He also said that one day it would happen to all of us Razz thanks Gerard!
TombOfHearts
Killjoy
TombOfHearts
April 4th, 2007 at 10:30pm
they sold the cause for the queen,
and when the lights all went out,
they watched the lives on the screne,
i hate the ending myself,
but it started with an alright scene."

I think it's about how people start out with a good cause, but then they abandon it for wealth money and fame or whatever. And so then when they die, or before they die, they look back over their lives and think, well our life sucked in the end. But it started alright...
psychokilla1113
Killjoy
psychokilla1113
April 7th, 2007 at 12:50am
actually, gerard said that it's about being a teenaged nerd who looks up to all the rockstars as his heroes, but then he realizes that they're all sellouts referring to the part "so i can watch all my heroes sell a car on TV".
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
Fabulous Killjoy
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
April 10th, 2007 at 11:29am
I think this song is about one of his old art teachers out look on life.
He was quite harsh about reality. The teacher died though while Gerard was in art college.

I think it is also about the fans as ' it was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing'. Possibly expressing how even if the songs help us, the response we give encourage the band.

Going back to the art teacher, I dont think Gerard agreed entirely with his opinions as 'if i'm so wrong how can listen all night long'. This could mean the teacher listened to Gerard's opinion. Or it could be in the person of the teacher, saying Gerard listened to him.

Then the song goes onto 'what will it matter after im gone because you never learnt a god damn thing'. Possibly meaning after his teacher died, Gerard didnt actually learn anything but saw what he meant.

'Lifelong wait for a hospital bed' could mean the teacher died of something in hospital but took ages.

I dont actually know but from listening to the song alot and listening to the BBC Radio 1 interview with the band, thats the type of jist i have been able to pick up from the song.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 11th, 2007 at 10:09pm
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x:
'Lifelong wait for a hospital bed' could mean the teacher died of something in hospital but took ages.

I'm thinkin the quote means that possibly his teacher had always wanted to just get off the fuckin miserable earth. Theline as smybolism relating to his harshness that just wanted to face reality and get this all over with. The negativeness may lead from the quote... bit of a guess never knew about the art teacher before.
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
April 12th, 2007 at 05:47am
UNTOUCHABLE-:
I LOVE THIS SONG I DONT CARE WHAT IT
MEANS BUT PERSONALLY I THINK ITS ABOUT
A REALATIONSHIP........

I agree in saying it's an awesome song, probably my favourite, but it's fun to *TRY* and think along the same lines as one of *THE* best bands in the world ^-^
</3 Chelzzzz
thepatient2
Killjoy
thepatient2
April 14th, 2007 at 10:08pm
i always thought this song was about the fallout between theused & mcr.
"i hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright seen....we'd laugh so hard it would sting....your just a sad song with nothing to say about a lifelong wait for a hostpital bed..."
makes sense to me, but i dont know, maybe i'm wrong
MCR'sXladyXofXsorrow
Killjoy
MCR'sXladyXofXsorrow
April 18th, 2007 at 06:55pm
i think this song tells the story of the patient, but has a relevance to gerards life. i think this whole record is very personal for the band. gerard especially.
YoungHearts
Killjoy
YoungHearts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:08pm
i think disenchanteed is about the patient looking back at his life . like he sings "will it matter after I'm gone because you nver learned a Goddamned thing" I think hes talking about how he doesnt think hes important or shouldnt live becuase he never helped anybody or he just thought he just was there with no meaning.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:59pm
this song makes me think that they were prbably teased alot in school ,and the man with cancer is mcr so the man describes his life.and hes telling his story?????? Very Happy
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
April 26th, 2007 at 12:29am
I love this song...
Probably it is about 2 sides... On the patienr's side and the band's side(especially on gerard's side) (although, the patient was actually a disguise for gerard)...

The frst verse was about reflecting in his life.. Looking back on the beginning how good it was but it ended in a screwed way..

The second verse was definetely on the part of the fans.. HE might''ve thought that somehow, his fans made him feel this unexplained emotion... Maybe the other's seem to tell him that there would be no meaning to them and to him... Well actually, the last part of this verse got me confused a bit..

I like the refrain.. when he says to these people who thought he is wrong (perhaps wronged him) why do they listen all night long... (*mentioning his fans again)...

It is really quite a song wherein.. ALl of us can realte to.. although in different ways.. It has countless meanings.. As for my relation to this song, It talks about a lot of me.. people wronging me... Then I view the endings of the lives of other people.. Love this song..

The Black Parade.. A novel of death and reborned life..
Give Em Hell Kid
Killjoy
Give Em Hell Kid
April 27th, 2007 at 02:41pm
its about the pasent looking at his life his love ones now that hes dead and he alwas ha a deth wish now he wont to go back to the land of the liveing
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 27th, 2007 at 09:49pm
I think I agree with the people who said that it's about MCR & the Used. But I think it applies to the Patient, looking back at his life as well.

The best line is "lifelong wait for a hospital stay," I think, because it's so true. Everyone's life ends in a hospital or nursing home--whether it's because of an accident, or disease.

Oh, and...

TombOfHearts:
they sold the cause for the queen,
and when the lights all went out,
they watched the lives on the screne,
i hate the ending myself,
but it started with an alright scene."

I think it's about how people start out with a good cause, but then they abandon it for wealth money and fame or whatever. And so then when they die, or before they die, they look back over their lives and think, well our life sucked in the end. But it started alright...

...I think that's very insightful.
gothiclover98
Killjoy
gothiclover98
April 28th, 2007 at 09:46pm
i agree with this post

dropD E A D.:
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out,
We watched our lives on the screen,
But it started with an alright scene,
It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing,
It was a lie when they smiled,
And said you won’t feel a thing,
And as we ran from the cops,
We laughed so hard it would sting..."

When I first heard the song, I thought it was about suicide, at least, the part that goes-
"We watched our lives on the screen,
But it started with an alright scene..."
-I always took it to mean that he loved the way his life started but it ended horribly (suicide?).
[[This could be refering to the patient (cancer.)]]

Then, this part-
"It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing..."
Maybe it's about how going on stage and singing gave him a reason to carry on? Like, feeling wanted// needed?

lol, idk.
hopeLESShair
Killjoy
hopeLESShair
April 29th, 2007 at 10:04pm
to my FORMER LOVE,
dont know why but.......
evritime i listen to this song, i straightly remember HIM
REMEMBER EVRI MESSED UP THINGS WE'VE DONE
REMEMBER OUR DAYS AT HISCOOL
REMEMBER THE DAY HE LEFT ME CRING ON THE FLOOR
TOLD ME I WAS WRONG!
"WELL, IF I'M SO WRONG, HOW CAN U LISTEN ALL NITE LONG?
NOW WILL IT MATTER AFTER I'M GONE!
BECAUSE U NEVER LEARNED A GODDAMNED THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
it's all about "CINTA TAK TERBALAS"
violent_kisses
Killjoy
violent_kisses
April 30th, 2007 at 01:07am
Hey...

I always thought this song was about dying and looking back at your life and everything that was done or accomplished (we watched our lives on the screen), and in regards to the line "I hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright scene" meaning that the beginning of his life was fine, but now as he suffers towards the end, its not all it was cracked up to be.

To me this song is about the loss of innocence in life. How, when you're a kid, everything is great, then as you grow older, you realize the world isn't the enchanted place you thought it was (hinting at the name disenchanted). People lie to you, backstab you...you can get bullied or picked on...people will try to beat you down.

Meh, thats my perspective.
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
April 30th, 2007 at 10:42pm
i think this song is pretty much saying, "listen to me! i have feelings and opinions too!"
thats my take on it.