And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

breaking up aint easy

And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don’t know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

she totally broke his heart and he is totally pissed and pretty much warning her to leave

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Some people just leave notes, so the guy wants to HEAR her say the words NOT spell it out for him

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

She's obviously in a terrible relationship and when she fights back gets beat even more severely so its better if she takes it and acts like nothing happened..so she thinks

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can

uhm..the guy may believe that because shes walking out on him she owes him a part of her forever...and maybe he put a hit out for her mafia style(?)

Whoa

When you go
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Tell it to his face your leaving girl!

Well, come on. Come on

My thoughts exactly! get the hell outta there

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

say it loud and proud

So all in all I think this song is about Gerard seeing someone abused for too long..or maybe he's just trying to get people aware of the situation and sending a message out to all the girls or men being abused out there to GET THE F*CK OUT AND TELL THAT MOTHERF*CKER YOUR LEAVING HIS ABUSIVE ASS
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
August 27th, 2007 at 09:43am
Ummm.. The Black Parade is a CONCEPT RECORD It wouldn't be about Gerard's Personal life, it would be telling the story about the patient, and his personal life
Viva la Gloria!
Joining The Black Parade
Viva la Gloria!
August 27th, 2007 at 09:12pm
I think it doesn't matter much who its about....i think its matters how its meaning reflects us. basically its a song about gerard or bert or whoever being seriously hurt by someone they trusted and loved. its meaning can apply to many people who have been in the same situation.
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 10:00pm
MyWayHomeIsThruU:
Ummm.. The Black Parade is a CONCEPT RECORD It wouldn't be about Gerard's Personal life, it would be telling the story about the patient, and his personal life

Right.... Just keep thinking those happy thoughts...
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
August 31st, 2007 at 10:29am
Myalyas:
MyWayHomeIsThruU:

Right.... Just keep thinking those happy thoughts...

Sorry? Whats that supposed to mean?
mcrgirl7
Killjoy
mcrgirl7
September 1st, 2007 at 10:29pm
I think it's a guy and a girl who hav ebeen going out and living with each other for a while. He knows she is no longer interested and kows he could never force her to stay in the relationship. He is prone to violence and tells her to go before it's to late or while she can. He asks her before she leaves if she would make it easier and tell him she no longer loves him. Throughout the song he is attempting to distance himsek=lf from her and vise-versa.
solonghelena
Killjoy
solonghelena
September 2nd, 2007 at 05:15pm
I think that this song might be about someone who is going through a divorce, like they really loved someone in the beginning, but now the love has gone, or someone who is losing a friend/boyfriend or girlfriend to something stronger than themselves, like drugs, love for another person, or just time.
zak_fracture
Killjoy
zak_fracture
September 3rd, 2007 at 04:31am
kay, im just spitballing here, bur from the the events in the video, im led to believe that the song is actually about mother war before she was mother war, and her fall from a love, into the title.

i really dont think it has anything to do with the actual patient, its just backstory about how mother war came to be.

p.s.- who else thoroughly believes mcr needs to bring back the rock opera?
FinzFreak188
Killjoy
FinzFreak188
September 3rd, 2007 at 08:46am
Well I think its about Gerard's late girlfriend...
that is from my point of view though...
I dunno, might as well just ask him in PERSON!! x]
Yeah, im just thinkin' about his old love life.... He did say he hated his love live... it went wrong!!
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
September 17th, 2007 at 10:52am
Butters:

Yeah, but in lots of concept albums, as well as being about the main character the songs are about the songwriter. eg. Wake Me Up When September Ends from the concept album American Idiot by Green Day - it's about Saint Jimmy (one of the protagonists) losing everything he's loved, but it's also about Billie Joe Armstrong (lead singer) losing his father. [megaspam, sorry]

Anyway, I think this song is about how sometimes, when people break up, they say "it's not you, it's me" and "I'd still like to be friends" and "I still love you, but as a friend" etc etc etc... and how annoying and heartbreaking it can be. He'd much rather be told straight out "I don't love you".
Disenchanted232
Killjoy
Disenchanted232
September 22nd, 2007 at 08:34pm
I thought it was just where a guy was dating a girl. They break up and he's teling her to give himt he reason to why she doesn't love him.
I think it was about an abuzive relashonship. Or the guy caught the girl cheating and started hitting her.

*Shrugs*
I_idolize_GERARD_WAY
Killjoy
I_idolize_GERARD_WAY
September 27th, 2007 at 12:55am
it means there was a girl that gerard was in love wit.... but things changed between the 2 of them and he really didnt feel the same way 4 her as he did in the begining of the realitionship..... at first he really loved this girl..... but they driffted apart..... and things will never b the same the between the 2 of them......i am going through the same thing...... it hurts more being in the realitionship then how it feels when its all over......it pains you 2 do and or say things......but it has 2 be done........='(
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 27th, 2007 at 03:12am
IDLY is about Gerard and a relation ship problem that he had with his girlfriend of 6 years.

It was written durring the Revenge Tour(U can c the orginal version of IDLY on LOTMS)

Durring the making of The Black Parade,Gerard's girlfriend,and Gerrd ended their relation ship.

I'm gunna stay outta MCR"s personal live now...
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 28th, 2007 at 03:56am
INowPronounceYouDead:
Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

breaking up aint easy

And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don’t know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

she totally broke his heart and he is totally pissed and pretty much warning her to leave

When you go
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Some people just leave notes, so the guy wants to HEAR her say the words NOT spell it out for him

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

She's obviously in a terrible relationship and when she fights back gets beat even more severely so its better if she takes it and acts like nothing happened..so she thinks

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can

uhm..the guy may believe that because shes walking out on him she owes him a part of her forever...and maybe he put a hit out for her mafia style(?)

Whoa

When you go
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Tell it to his face your leaving girl!

Well, come on. Come on

My thoughts exactly! get the hell outta there

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

say it loud and proud

So all in all I think this song is about Gerard seeing someone abused for too long..or maybe he's just trying to get people aware of the situation and sending a message out to all the girls or men being abused out there to GET THE F*CK OUT AND TELL THAT MOTHERF*CKER YOUR LEAVING HIS ABUSIVE ASS

Crying or Very sad

Wow...so deep...
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 2nd, 2007 at 08:15pm
I think it's obviously about the end of a relationship... but i think it's the other person leaving and saying they don't love him anymore. The other person leaves the home and he is there with his thoughts.
mychemicalromantic08
Killjoy
mychemicalromantic08
October 8th, 2007 at 02:34am
Basically, I think it's just about a girl who's boyfriend doesn't have feelings for her anymore and hurts her physically and emotionally ("So sick and tired of all the needless beating"Wink.

But the song also could be about Bert McCracken of The Used, because he is pretty much of a drug-addicted jack who was unhappy with Gerard wanting to be clean. "So fix your eyes and get up" kinda reminds me of Bert because wasted, drug-addicted people like him have eyes that are kinda creepy... "So take your gloves and get out" also reminds me of Bert because he wears gloves...
Or maybe he just wanted to write a song about losing love and he drew 'inspiration' from his falling out with Bert.
Sincerely Oblivious
Banned
Sincerely Oblivious
October 9th, 2007 at 05:49am
I think my thinking is kinda twisted on it,
but I think its about giving up on something and letting it die.
And wondering if you would turn back to it,
even though its not worth it.
And as the curiosity grows/addiction for it,
Your testing yourself more and more.
EverlastingRevenge
Killjoy
EverlastingRevenge
October 24th, 2007 at 10:26pm
"So sick and tired of all the needless beating"

I think It's about domestic violence. It could be. But it also could be the ending of a relationship. And I also agree with how Bert could fix in with the song.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
October 25th, 2007 at 03:25am
i always thought it was just thought it was about falling in love with someone, and then realizing that maybe you don't really love them after all, and telling them to leave before you hurt them (hence the lyric "better get out while you can"Wink
House-Of-Wolves21
Killjoy
House-Of-Wolves21
October 27th, 2007 at 11:32pm
Sounds to me like a generic love song.
Boy meet girl, girl breaks boy's heart, boy hates girl.
This song's really sad Sad Made me cry the first time I heard it.