Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
blackparadeisdead!
Joining The Black Parade
blackparadeisdead!
May 8th, 2008 at 06:13pm
i really like this song. i heard that Gerard was engaged to someone than it was called off and he got married to Lyn-Z so maybe its the hurt he felt over the break up. idk thats just my thoughts.
Like I Loved You
Killjoy
Like I Loved You
May 26th, 2008 at 11:44am
I think this song is about Gerards heart being broken. If you look at the video he is very emotional about the words he is singing.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 04:56am
this is so emotional. i think the guys never wants to turn back time anyway. past is past.
GerardLovesMeMore
Killjoy
GerardLovesMeMore
May 28th, 2008 at 12:32pm
i dont really understand why it would be hard to say "i dont love you" becuase your afraid they might cry or something?
smittencore
Killjoy
smittencore
May 31st, 2008 at 10:21am
its hard to say "I dont love you" cos sometimes its hards to say "I love you", its a big step.
Also I think the song may not be a total admission of not being in love anymore "I dont love you LIKE I DID" showing that the love hasnt completely gone, and it might not ever totally go, but its changed. its not the happy good thing it once was.
I'd never thought of the whole Bert thing, but it does kinda make sense.
frank-x-freak
Killjoy
frank-x-freak
June 1st, 2008 at 09:17am
Hopefully its Frank talking about Jamia!
RAwrnesss
Killjoy
RAwrnesss
June 1st, 2008 at 04:36pm
I think it's about Gerard being in love, and something happen, so he doesn't love her like he did.
Wangbang
Killjoy
Wangbang
June 20th, 2008 at 05:51pm
Well it says "i dont love you, like i loved Yesterday." so does that mean he loves or more or less, to me it could go either way
Wangbang
Killjoy
Wangbang
June 20th, 2008 at 05:52pm
crap i forgot to put the "You" between loved and yesterday
YourWelcomeForTheVen
Killjoy
YourWelcomeForTheVen
July 1st, 2008 at 03:25am
I think Gerard broke up with a girl who he still wanted to be with, but he woke up one morning and realized he just didn't love her anymore.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
July 1st, 2008 at 03:35am
frank-x-freak:
Hopefully its Frank talking about Jamia!

Ooh, ouch. Frank has been together with Jamia since high school.
Even if you were joking/being sacrastic/whatever, the song was written WAY before they got married. (: I doubt they would get married if they didn't love each other.
I always thought it was about an abusive relationship, he doesn't feel the same about her. He/She puts her/him down. He/she wants her/him to leave, because in some way he/she loves her/him and wants her/him out of it. Or maybe the abused one is narrating, I'm not really sure. I also used to think that the one who abuses the other is involved with drugs.
WEALLGOTOHELL-Ox
Killjoy
WEALLGOTOHELL-Ox
July 1st, 2008 at 05:10am
A Sharp Life:
Obviously Bert and Gerard were more than just friends. I think the relationship they had was not necessarily a sexual one, but more than friends, if you get what I'm saying.

Bert and Gerard had a very public "split-up", you could call it, and i think that Gerard definatly felt hurt. So why wouldn't he write a song about him?

Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

And I agree with whoever said this before, about fixing your eyes, sounds like drugs to me. When Gerard and Bert met wasn't gerard either going through or just getting over those kind of problems?

It just seems like Bert is the perfect name to attach to this song. Remember that is my opinion

i think ur riyte about gee an bert beein mor than m8s
you know what they do 2 gis like us in prison is about kissin bert in a dare game
but im not sure i dont luv u is bout bert
maay b its bout that gil that broke gees hart
but i think gees 2 clued up 2 write more than 3 or 4 songs bout that WASTE OF SPACE!!!
anyway if gee did go further with bert wed still all luv him
its hard not 2
hess sooooo cyoot
same wif frank
why r they bth MARRIED!!

ps

bert duz still take drugs
accordin 2 gee they fell out because of bert abusin drugs
gee couldnt afford gettin hooked again

hmmmm
maay b bry me in black is about bert.....
Pansy Wolf
Fabulous Killjoy
Pansy Wolf
July 1st, 2008 at 06:00pm
i think it's like the pain of
-knowing somebody doesn't love you
-breaking up
-realising you don't love somebody

knowing how much time you've wasted on people, wishing you could change certain things, but knowing in the end you need to get over things and move on.
Even if it hurts a ridiculous amount.

My interpritation.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
July 1st, 2008 at 08:48pm
I always thought this song was a beautiful spin off the traditional and incredibly cliche breakup song.
Instead of talking about drowning in your own loss and "oh my life will never be alright again because I'm not with you anymore", I love how this song is both talking about coming to terms with the end of a relationship and being strong enough to move on ( "And maybe when you get back I'll be off / To find another way " ) and wishing for the best from the person you *used to* love ( "So fix your eyes and get up / You better get up / While you can" ). Of course just like any love-song-gone-wrong, there's a fair share of pain ( "Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading / So sick and tired of all the needless beating" ) and anger ( "You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know" ) but, as a whole, I think this song goes above and beyond the typical breakup song.
One of my favorite tracks on The Black Parade; the music video made me cry <33
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
July 8th, 2008 at 12:11am
I think this song is about feeling obviously very emotional about a breakup, but at the same time having the strength to move on. As for who it's about, no one (except of course Gerard..AND anyone he may have told..lol) really knows. It could be Bert, Kat, Eliza, anyone really. Did anyone think that maybe it's about someone else? I mean, we can't just assume all of his relationships have gained as much publicity as those 3. I know for a fact that he had one other girlfriend then the rest of those. Who's to say there weren't many more. I mean, Gerard wouldn't exactly have that much trouble finding a partner, now would he? Wink lol.
Fall To Peices.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fall To Peices.
July 11th, 2008 at 06:30pm
GerardLovesMeMore:
i dont really understand why it would be hard to say "i dont love you" becuase your afraid they might cry or something?

Sometimes it's hard to tell someone you don't love them because your not sure of the reaction, you don't want to hurt them, you still want to be friends, and sometimes your just really not sure yourself.
Binary Faerie
Killjoy
Binary Faerie
July 28th, 2008 at 01:28pm
I think this is the saddest song I've ever heard. Since the first time I ever heard it, I've thought the same thing.

It's about a relationship that was over before it ended. They just didn't realize that it was over. They'd been through a lot together and worked hard on their issues and thought that things were finally going to be good. Then he wakes up one morning and realizes that despite everything that's happened and all they've put into the relationship, he just doesn't love her as he should. SO he starts another fight with her and she gets mad and leaves. She's had the same revelation, but it's easier to break it off with someone you hate rather than someone you care for but aren't in love with. She leaves without telling him what she feels, because she thinks it'll be easier on him to just hate her.

I think the hardest thing to say to someone is I don't love you (anymore), I care about you and I don't want to hurt you but I just don't love you.

Maybe I just read too much into things though LoL.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 28th, 2008 at 08:39pm
i thought it was about bert but then like people kept saying that was just a rumour so i don't know
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 28th, 2008 at 08:39pm
i thought it was about bert but then like people kept saying that was just a rumour so i don't know
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 6th, 2008 at 07:27am
Um, sorry if this is stupid or the timing is wrong (im not sure the specific times wen gerard and eliza cuts were dating, whether before or after this was written) but the lyrics "another dollar's just another blow" sounds like the person he was talking about was unfaithful (unless it has another meaning) and i know most of you think this song is about bert, but could that possibly be a reference to eliza cuts?
o.O
xoxox.