Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:41am
philosopher of mcr:
seriously its not about bert y woould gerard write a song called i dont love u about bert get real how lame do u think G is im sick of hearin that its about bert

LOL! I really don't think it is, either, but I have no proof that it isn't.
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:20am
i think its so sad how every one talks about gerard and bert. oh yeh they are totally going out because they have been seen together. Anyway back to the song..... sweetest song ever....... clip of hte week on channel[v] and it plays every second song (woho) i think it is about 'the patient' making his partner not feel so bad about him dying, and he is making her feel the same about not loving her like he did yesterday..... (sob) yay! i said somthing that made sence cya...sass
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
May 23rd, 2007 at 07:41am
this song is preety self explinatory ^.^
xxmychemloverxx
Killjoy
xxmychemloverxx
May 24th, 2007 at 04:49pm
I think it's about gerard's break up with his girlfriend that happened during the making of that album.
frank_iero121192
Killjoy
frank_iero121192
May 24th, 2007 at 05:07pm
i think its about a guy that stops luvin his g/f and if its about gerard im sad
sofitegan
Killjoy
sofitegan
May 27th, 2007 at 10:03am
I think it's about being at the end of a relationship, and he (Gerard/ The patient) KNOWS that its at the end, and just wants it to be ove rnow and finished and not have to deal with it anymore (C'mon, c'mon...)

He also wants the other person in the relationship to admit that its all fallen apart sorta thing (Would you even turn to say... i dont love you.)

Obviously i have no proof but i dont actually think this is about Bert McCracken, i think it's about his girlfriend who he broke up with in the making of "The black parade."
Just what i think.
Ugh.
Killjoy
Ugh.
May 27th, 2007 at 10:23am
it could be about bert because i found this :

THE USED rocker BERT McCRACKEN refuses to discuss the breakdown of his relationship with MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE star GERARD WAY, because he is too angry to put his feelings into words.

McCracken famously joined forces with Way to record a charity version of the QUEEN and DAVID BOWIE classic UNDER PRESSURE.

Even though his bandmates are still on good terms with the members of My Chemical Romance, McCracken now refuses to have anything to do with THE GHOST OF YOU hitmakers.

He says, "Um, I'd prefer not to say anything about My Chemical Romance, except that we did have a falling out.

"We don't speak at all anymore.

"It's got nothing to do with their success. I'm completely comfortable with where our band is at.

"We used to be very close, but no more. We had a falling out.

"The rest of my band, they're still mates with all the guys in that band. But I'd prefer to say nothing more about My Chemical Romance."

you lot probably knew that but i think it might be a little suspishious.....
black_parade_85
Killjoy
black_parade_85
May 27th, 2007 at 10:10pm
Roxx my Soxx:
So this is song is def my fav song on the CD... I think that there could be many interpretations of this song...

Number 1- It could be about the Patient having loved and lost. He could be dating druggee chick who maybe is bored with him because he doesn't do drugs or drink anymore (Remember Gerard's battle against drugs and alcohol...) and she's leaving him. He gave his heart to her and she abused it. I say she's a druggee because of the lyric "another dollar's just another blow." I think he's hinting that she spends her money on blow. I.e.- drugs. "Fix your eyes" can hint at bloodshot, glassy eyes. He also called her "good-for-nothing" and basically says "If you leave me I'm not waiting for you to change your mind and come back to me." ("Well when you go don't ever think I'll make you try to stay. And maybe when you get back I'll be off to find another way." ) Also at first he's saying "Would you even turn to say, 'I don't love you like I did yesterday'" then at the end he's saying "I don't love you like I loved you yesterday". It's like at the end he's coming to a conclusion and he's saying, "Fine. You don't love me how you did. Well guess what? I don't love you either."

Number 2- It would make complete sense if this song was about Bert. Gerard and him did obviously have a relationship and it's also obvious that however they split up was serious. Anyone can tell that they both meant a lot to one another. They were both seriously hurt and writing a song about him could be Gerard's form of getting over it. Everything above would apply because Bert is still on drugs and still drinks...

But yeah... That's just what I think.

I agree with the first meaning!!! Because just look at the lyrics it's clearly about a drug/alcohol problem with a lover, there is no way it could have another meaning...because that's just the truth.
Tainted Seance
Joining The Black Parade
Tainted Seance
May 28th, 2007 at 12:22pm
I agree with the first meaning too because the wasn't the CD about the life of that patient?
onltmeread
Killjoy
onltmeread
May 28th, 2007 at 09:14pm
i've been hearing things about Gerard having a relationship with a woman for six years or something? and it fell apart during the Black Parade. Maybe that could be the whole thing with the song I don't love you??? (( unless this whole thing with the woman is a rumor -_-;; )) *shrugs* i think he did mention in some video though, that he was with a special someone.
Fairy Gothmother
Killjoy
Fairy Gothmother
May 30th, 2007 at 06:54pm
I think that it is aboutGerard brecking up with his girlfriend cuz he said in the song I'll go off and find another way
Gerard_LoverXx
Killjoy
Gerard_LoverXx
May 30th, 2007 at 10:26pm
Okay, I think this is about the patient remembering a relashionship in which he beat his girlgriend. But, at the same time, he was very dependant of her, and he loved her and needed her, and she left him.
Fall To Peices.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fall To Peices.
May 31st, 2007 at 05:43pm
either that or he could have thought it would make a good song
emmakatherine
Killjoy
emmakatherine
May 31st, 2007 at 08:16pm
Wow. So I'm new.
And this will most likely be long winded. Oh well

I think the lyrics are describing one's attempt at convincing their ex-lover and themselves that they are capable of life without their ex.

In the bridge (after all the time that...)
I think it's saying that after the relationship ended,
The writer still didn't know who their lover was, possibly through a betrayal?
Then in the chorus,
The writer is wondering, since the person they are singing about is an enigma,
if this person would be brave enough to come clean when they left.

The third verse (Sometimes I cry so hard...),
Is saying how betrayed they feel by someone,
And how eventually, that person will be hurt as well "when they knock you"
That when that happens, they'll realize what they've done wrong.
Then "get out while you can" is saying, just leave before I get angry

Then at the end, when "I dont love you" is being repeated,
Is the self assurance of the author that they don't in fact love this person.

Bahaha.
It might sound as if I'm on crack.
Promise I'm not.
Never-Fall-in-Linex3
Killjoy
Never-Fall-in-Linex3
June 2nd, 2007 at 05:49am
[size=60]I love this song!

I think it's about someone leaving their girlfriend/boyfriend and their girlfriend/boyfriend is angry at how they can't even admit they don't love them anymore and how they're still lying.

Hence the line '...would you have the guts to say, I don't love you...'

Jen.

x.
xmcrxprincessx13
Killjoy
xmcrxprincessx13
June 2nd, 2007 at 11:19pm
It is a lot like Famous Last Words. It's about him breaking up with his girlfriend of 6 years. (it was in an interview that really hasn't gotten around the internet yet)
VoT4lL_Bryre
Killjoy
VoT4lL_Bryre
June 2nd, 2007 at 11:38pm
haha.
i think what you said is right.
a boxer!
haha.
MCR_SAVED_Mi_LiFExo
Killjoy
MCR_SAVED_Mi_LiFExo
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:59pm
It's about the patient and him breaking some mistakes with someone he loved. So yea. That's what Gerard said in an interview. =)
skullsNpixieDust
Killjoy
skullsNpixieDust
June 7th, 2007 at 09:16pm
i think it is a song a bout being in love and refusing to belive it. like him and eliza (lucky girl) now they are engadeged to be married
Marina!
Shotgun Sinner
Marina!
June 9th, 2007 at 12:29pm
I really doubt it's about Bert and Gerard. >.<
I think it's about Gerards ex-girl of 6 years who he eventually stopped loving.