Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2008 at 12:29pm
Alex!!!:
Um, sorry if this is stupid or the timing is wrong (im not sure the specific times wen gerard and eliza cuts were dating, whether before or after this was written) but the lyrics "another dollar's just another blow" sounds like the person he was talking about was unfaithful (unless it has another meaning) and i know most of you think this song is about bert, but could that possibly be a reference to eliza cuts?
Gerard laid down the groundwork for those lyrics in 2005. You can clearly see this on LOTMS, during the Chapter entitled "The Future."
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 6th, 2008 at 02:57pm
poison and my pain.:

I always thought it was about an abusive relationship, he doesn't feel the same about her. He/She puts her/him down. He/she wants her/him to leave, because in some way he/she loves her/him and wants her/him out of it. Or maybe the abused one is narrating, I'm not really sure. I also used to think that the one who abuses the other is involved with drugs.[/size]

That's what I always thought as well. It just seems to fit with that song.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 7th, 2008 at 02:21am
^^ Thanks for clearing that up, Deb. Smile
mcrkid15
Killjoy
mcrkid15
August 12th, 2008 at 11:13am
Well I think it all goes back to the main character of The Black Parade, the Patient, honestly. I think it's a look back at part of his love life and as he's dying, he remembers that one relationship where he had his heart broken
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 12th, 2008 at 08:10pm
I thought it was about a girl who broke gerards heart *cry
My Pathetic Romance
Killjoy
My Pathetic Romance
August 13th, 2008 at 12:00am
I saw the video and read the lyrics.i gave somethough to it but im not sure.i think it's from the POV from a girl.thats what i thought rom the video.I think he's saying,from the POv of the girl,that the guy beats her hence the
"Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay " part. And in the video the guy leaves so i think the girl is saying she doesnt love the guy anymore.in the video they kiss and seem in love but i could be wrong.anyway,those are my thought on the song.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
August 30th, 2008 at 10:03pm
^^ me too.....

this song is beautiful! did anyone else notice its the song theyre playing at the very end of life on the murder scene? its really rough, but its the same tune and stuff... i thought that was neat. o.O
GeewhoreAGAIN-
Killjoy
GeewhoreAGAIN-
September 3rd, 2008 at 10:40pm
it couldnt be about eliza. because they were dating when the album was released. eliza is a slut i hate her for what she did to gerard. but the song if about loving someone then realising that they arent right for you..etc etc.
but i fuckin love gerard and mcr with a passion they are my idols.
disenchanted romance
Awake and Unafraid
disenchanted romance
September 23rd, 2008 at 07:53pm
i think it's about not loving somebody anymore. it's like you stop caring for that person that you used to care about but somehow something changed.
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
Motor Baby
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
October 17th, 2008 at 12:14am
If no ones said this:

I reckon it's about being cheated on. A lot of the song fits that.
And the the person who was cheating on the cheatee abuses her/him.
Then the cheatee finds out the cheater is cheating, and the cheatee reliazes, that the person simply isn't worth it.

And the cheater doesn't love the cheatee anymore, so that's why they cheat (which is the lyric Would you have the guts to say)
The "So fix your eyes and get up," is just basically telling him/her to stop crying, and the cheater wants to keep going on with both relationships, or the person he/she was cheating on with also found out, and broke up with her/him
the "while you can," part, is either, whoever it is, would chuck them out, or get really pissed.
The cheater could be on drugs, and the blood, could be slang for money
'So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay' all of that, could be the abuser abusing the cheater, and them passing out, and they should stay there rather than with the person being cheated on.
'still the good for nothing I don't know,' would proberly be, the person was on drugs before the cheatee got with them, and they said they'd stop; they did at first, but they re-started again.
'So take your gloves and get out,' could be that they used to steal.

That's my theroies. Dunno if they're true or not.
ilovegerard123
Killjoy
ilovegerard123
October 26th, 2008 at 12:15am
I think this is about Gerard being in an abusive relationship " So sick and tired of all the needless beating" and him finally having enough and getting out of it. He wants to know if she would actually tell him to his face that she has fallen out of love with him. "When you go would you have the guts to say, I don't love you like I loved you yesterday." He wants that honesty from her. Its about him telling her that nothing is making her stay-he actually wants her to go "Well, when you go don't ever think I'll make you try to stay" and him planning on moving on once shes gone and how hes not going to be there when she comes back "And maybe when you get back I'll be off to find another way."

I don't know if this makes any sense. But this is how i saw it the first time i saw the lyrics.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
December 5th, 2008 at 01:10pm
ignore.
ronxbxgxj
Killjoy
ronxbxgxj
December 27th, 2008 at 06:33am
When you go would you even turn to say, I don't love you, Like I did, Yesterday:

When they fall apart, would the person he loved say those words for him to get hurt??

them meaning of the song is breaking a relationship gently.
ThisRiddleofRevenge
Motor Baby
ThisRiddleofRevenge
January 1st, 2009 at 04:57pm
ok i dont no if someone has said this before but im just shortening it:
The guy and girl love eachother so much but the guy has anger problems and takes it out on her. she is scared to do anything but finally she tells him to "take his gloves and get out" because she's "so sick and tired of all this needless beating"

well thats what i thought when i put the song and video together
Nessagirl66
Killjoy
Nessagirl66
January 6th, 2009 at 10:32pm
I heard gerard say in an interview that he imagines it as the panents personal life
crazyrose77
Killjoy
crazyrose77
January 10th, 2009 at 12:42am
I dont know if it's been said
When I hear this song I thinking about a relationship that you one day realize has been one sided.
-you loved or thought you love the person more then they loved you
-you realize that you dont love that person at all and never really have because they were not who you thought or were who they said
crazyrose77
Killjoy
crazyrose77
January 10th, 2009 at 12:42am
I dont know if it's been said
When I hear this song I thinking about a relationship that you one day realize has been one sided.
-you loved or thought you love the person more then they loved you
-you realize that you dont love that person at all and never really have because they were not who you thought or were who they said
Disenchanted_Parade
Killjoy
Disenchanted_Parade
January 13th, 2009 at 05:10pm
Well, at first, i thought it might have been about Eliza. But, when I watched LOTMS, I saw a clip of Gerard and Ray recording the song, and that was sometime back in 05-ish.
Some of you may disagree, But I agree with the people who say its about Bert, I don't know why, but I kind of think it just, fits.
Thats just my theory..

<3
Xx_kiLL_Core_xX
Killjoy
Xx_kiLL_Core_xX
January 22nd, 2009 at 01:54pm
its kinda like a dare.... i think... like someone broke up with another person and that person is daring them to say a lie. cause once you love someone you never really stop.you always love that person. whether you choose to or not. but the "girl" breaks up with the "boy" and the "boy" is basicly telling the girl that if she truely wants to leave and she didnt love him ever to say it. "would you have the guts to say, i dont love you like i did yesterday" one day they love you the next they dont... yeah... thats what i think... it made better sence in my mind
XnluvwithvampiresX
Killjoy
XnluvwithvampiresX
February 1st, 2009 at 12:55pm
i heard that i dont love you was written about <i>bert mccracken.</i> but i have proof that it isnt.
in<b> "life on the murder scene"</b> <i> Gerard</i> was singing <b> "i dont love you" </b>
and <i> Gerard </i> was friends with <i>Bert </i> in <b>"life on the murder scene"