Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
slytherclaw
Fabulous Killjoy
slytherclaw
February 4th, 2007 at 05:36pm
I have a load of random thoughts on this song. I think it has a lot to do with drug abuse "another dollar's just another blow" and "fix your eyes and get out" (because of how drugs can make eyes go funny)
Basically I think this song is about a relationship which started to break down because drug abuse changed one of them and became their new priority.
Just a thought.
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 6th, 2007 at 04:57am
human.wreckage:
I have a load of random thoughts on this song. I think it has a lot to do with drug abuse "another dollar's just another blow" and "fix your eyes and get out" (because of how drugs can make eyes go funny)
Basically I think this song is about a relationship which started to break down because drug abuse changed one of them and became their new priority.
Just a thought.
that sounds good...some ppl say this song is about a boxer :S

ah well...this one just stumps me >;[
frankiexcorreee
Killjoy
frankiexcorreee
February 13th, 2007 at 02:45am
I heard the song was about Mikey asking alicia to marrie him. i heard it at a concert that i went to. and that he was going through some kind of depression. im not sure if its true though. i think its a very sad and touching song though. its one of my favorites.
^_^
Im.A.Screamer-MCRmy-
Motor Baby
Im.A.Screamer-MCRmy-
February 13th, 2007 at 04:43am
I've never really got the "another dollar's just another blow" bitt. ??

but I really think that this song is about Gee and his gf splitting.. They were dating for a while but she dumped him because of all the drugs. I think, that's what I heard anyway.
Liana_Way
Killjoy
Liana_Way
February 14th, 2007 at 11:31am
"I dont love you like i loved you yesterday yesterday" says that gerard loves the person."would you even turn to say i dont love you like i did yesterday" means the person wont say i love you back and "you better get out while you can"means hes mad at them.
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
March 5th, 2007 at 09:46pm
Killing_Jar:
uh...yeah...
try not to overanalyze it. in the end its about someone who got their heart broken. their lover or whathaveyou is leading an abusive lifestyle (youre still the good for nothing im not...fix your eyes and get up while you can..) and the main character (gerard..heheh) wants them to stop being self destructive. the line "beating" isnt literal..it means..mental....not physical. you know what i mean. dammit....
like... all the needless worry, stress, and tears over something. Mad
its obviously about bert, zomgg!!11
i mean...bert...you know, wears gloves and stuff...
Naughty
meheeheeheh

seriously i dont think gerard is gonna write a song called i dont love you about bert so can u get off the bloody subject.On the life in the muder scene dvd they are playing this song so it was being written when bert and G were still friends. and "fix your eyes an get up" is talkin about the physical abuse not drugs so can we just get off the whole bert thing
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
March 5th, 2007 at 10:04pm
This song is about the patient being left by his lover.This song conveys the inner feelings of the patient toward her after she tells him shes leaving.
"Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way"
The patient feels cheated and that she ows him longer and becomes angry and hostile toward her
"And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don’t know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can"
in the chorus the patient is in a way making his lover feel guilty for leaving him and all he wants to no is if she ''Has the guts" to say she doesnt love him anymore.
He then reveals how bitter her has become to his lover reaveling the physical abuse he has inflicted on her.
"Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can"
at the end of the song the patient is left sayng to himsel hat he doesnt love her anymore in a way trying to convince himself but i think this is all(him unknowingly and unwillingly forcin her to leave him) just his way of making it easyer on her when he dies
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
March 5th, 2007 at 10:16pm
philosopher of mcr:
Killing_Jar:
uh...yeah...
try not to overanalyze it. in the end its about someone who got their heart broken. their lover or whathaveyou is leading an abusive lifestyle (youre still the good for nothing im not...fix your eyes and get up while you can..) and the main character (gerard..heheh) wants them to stop being self destructive. the line "beating" isnt literal..it means..mental....not physical. you know what i mean. dammit....
like... all the needless worry, stress, and tears over something. Mad
its obviously about bert, zomgg!!11
i mean...bert...you know, wears gloves and stuff...
Naughty
meheeheeheh

seriously i dont think gerard is gonna write a song called i dont love you about bert so can u get off the bloody subject.On the life in the muder scene dvd they are playing this song so it was being written when bert and G were still friends. and "fix your eyes an get up" is talkin about the physical abuse not drugs so can we just get off the whole bert thing

Yeah, agreeing with Philosopher over here:
The whole gloves thing, I interpreted it as:
In the lines:
"So take you gloves and get out...baby get out--->And baby when they knock you down and out, is where you oughtta stay--->Well after all this time that you still owe, another dollar's just another blow...so fix your eyes and get up..baby get up...while you can..."
I'm thinking more along the lines of boxers: wearing gloves, in fights, getting knocked out. Yadamean jellybean?
C a n d y
Bleeding on the Floor
C a n d y
March 8th, 2007 at 11:34am
In the newspaper today, it had a little article on My Chemical Romance and their new video - I Don't Love You. It said how the song is about Gerard leaving his girlfriend.
In significance to this, in Kerrang their was a bit where it said Gerard realised through the making of the album, that "He is not afraid to walk this world alone". Therefore, he broke up with his girlfriend. Hence the line "I don't love like I did yesterday"
So I think the song is about all that stuff.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 8th, 2007 at 09:55pm
Yeah I agree. Ever since I read that article in Kerrang I figured that's what the song must be about.
LivingDead
Fabulous Killjoy
LivingDead
March 9th, 2007 at 07:24am
..personally.. i dont think that this song is about gerard and bert..<.<...
it's simply a guy obviously the patient has an illness and his lover doesnt like him anymore because of his illness and soon the lover will left him alone and then later on the Famous Last Words the patient realize that he doesnt need his lover anymore and he can move on without her
AwSugar
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AwSugar
March 12th, 2007 at 05:52pm
I dont love you, like i did/loved you yesterday

there could be 2 meanings
its either "he still loves this person but much more"
or "he doesnt love this person anymore"
i think it could be either of those two
or he can be just trying to convince himself that he doesnt love this person anymore
but inside he still loves the person.

but the song simply means that he doesnt love the person anymore.
but i have no idea who theyre talking about in this song.
Lady_Stardust
Jazz Hands
Lady_Stardust
March 12th, 2007 at 06:25pm
It could be about Mikey..you know how he left the band during the making of TBP (I know he didnt quit) and it would make sense because of the "fix your eyes and get up" Mikey quite literally 'fixed his eyes'
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 13th, 2007 at 09:38pm
when i first heard it, i thought that like his girlfriend wanted to take a break, "well when you go, don't ever think i'll make you try to stay. And maybe when you get back, i'll be off to find a better way." so i thought that maybe he was trying to get help because he hits her "....so sick and tired of all the needless beating" so i think that he wanted to drive her away to protect her. i dont know, thats what i think. love to hear other suggestions
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 13th, 2007 at 11:31pm
I always thought the line "fix your eyes and get up" was about someone crying and smearing their eyeliner.
Murder Magician
Salute You in Your Grave
Murder Magician
March 14th, 2007 at 11:50pm
heartache to sing:
I always thought the line "fix your eyes and get up" was about someone crying and smearing their eyeliner.

Same here.

I think this song is about a break-up, and how the person just doesn't love the other as much as they used to. Their feelings changed. But for some reason I always think it's about an abusive relationship because of the whole line: "So take your gloves and get out"
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 15th, 2007 at 07:59pm
Could someone please help me with writing this essay about the son I Don't Love You...I need to know why Gerard wrote it and everything like that.
Does anyone really know the TRUE meaning of this song?
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 16th, 2007 at 10:45am
I don't know, maybe the band does.

Maybe someone said this already, but i think it might possibly be about a girlfriend that left Gerard for some guy, but then the guy she's with abuses her, and Gerard is saying that he doesn't love her, but he still cares about her and is telling her to leave the abusive guy...?

I don't know, just a guess.
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
March 17th, 2007 at 04:26am
emotional to me....
is this for his former girlfriend? or he just write it?
(hehehe...mikey's cute in the video!!!AICK!!!)
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
March 17th, 2007 at 08:39am
well there is obviously two meanings to this song...
one that goes with the whole patient's story
and one about one of the band members personal life
but im not going to try to anayze it cuz i have no idea haha