Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
H e l e n a
Killjoy
H e l e n a
January 17th, 2007 at 05:45pm
[quote="H e l e n a"]
Resurgam:

I know this is sort of irrelevent, but God never said anything (well, I don't know about you, but He's never spoken to me). The Bible did not fall from the sky (there isn't even one definitive version of it). It was written by men who interpreted the word of God / His miracles. To believe in God and His message of love and peace is to have faith - a commendable thing, in my opinion. But to believe that none of the Bible was edited or influenced by men, that none of it has the writer's point of view added in is simply foolish. Do you honestly believe that it is the word of God that you will go to Hell for not washing your hands before a meal or for cutting your hair?

Fine, then I'll be foolish untill the day I die for believing that none of the Bible was edited or influenced by man. The Bible is the direct words from God, like it or not. The only way your going to hell is if you do not accept the Lord as your saviour. I'm not trying to go around and sound like I'm saying that your all going to hell, but I know what it takes (which is to accept him as your saviour) and so do many other people.
Horror Show.xx
Killjoy
Horror Show.xx
January 17th, 2007 at 06:00pm
Marriage is about love not gender.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 17th, 2007 at 07:10pm
helena, i'm assuming you're catholic? [a protestant would probably admit flaws in the bible...] if you're not...eh you'll have to ignore parts of this argument.

the bible has been edited. fact. proven fact. you can see that because the versions used by different sects of christianity--even of catholicism--are different. Roman Catholics have 46 books in the Old Testament, Protestants have 39, and Etheopian Catholics have even more than the Roman Catholics...not sure of the exact number.

even if it hadn't been edited:
"As Hebrew and Greek, the original languages of the Bible, have idioms and concepts not easily translated, there is an on going critical tension about whether it is better to give a word for word translation or to give a translation that gives a parallel idiom in the target language. For instance, in the English language Catholic translation, the New American Bible, as well as the Protestant translations of the Christian Bible, translations like the King James Version, the New Revised Standard Version and the New American Standard Version are seen as literal translations (or "word for word"Wink, whereas translations like the New International Version and New Living Version attempt to give relevant parallel idioms. The Living Bible and The Message are two paraphrases of the Bible that try to convey the original meaning in contemporary language. The further away one gets from word to word translation, the text becomes more readable while relying more on the theological, linguistic or cultural understanding of the translator, which one would not normally expect a lay reader to require."

So unless you plan on learning Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic and then reading the original texts of the bible--if they're even available in the original languages--you have to admit that what you're reading isn't what was originally written.
H e l e n a
Killjoy
H e l e n a
January 17th, 2007 at 07:22pm
I'm Chirstian, but we generally have the same beliefs. Yes, there have been many new bibles written..but the original is the only one that contains the correct information. I see where you're comming from on this. I don't have much of an argument for that, but it doesn't influence me in any way. I still believe all the information is correct, I'm just not able to prove it to you. But I don't need any living evidence, I just follow what God would want us to believe.
OMG.
Salute You in Your Grave
OMG.
January 17th, 2007 at 08:35pm
I say if someone wants to be homesexual and marry someone of the same gender. It's okay.
I mean, homosexuality isn't a crime.
A lot of our icons down in history like Alexander the great for example have comited
sexual acts yet we do no laugh at him.
I think the sociaty today expect to much that we all be the same.

Homesexual people should and are proud of who they are. For the pride of being different and standing out.
H e l e n a
Killjoy
H e l e n a
January 17th, 2007 at 08:57pm
I know this is sort of off the subject, but does anyone think Gerard is? I know this is a heartbreaking subject, but he sort of seems like it...
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 17th, 2007 at 09:26pm
[quote="H e l e n a"]
H e l e n a:
Resurgam:

I know this is sort of irrelevent, but God never said anything (well, I don't know about you, but He's never spoken to me). The Bible did not fall from the sky (there isn't even one definitive version of it). It was written by men who interpreted the word of God / His miracles. To believe in God and His message of love and peace is to have faith - a commendable thing, in my opinion. But to believe that none of the Bible was edited or influenced by men, that none of it has the writer's point of view added in is simply foolish. Do you honestly believe that it is the word of God that you will go to Hell for not washing your hands before a meal or for cutting your hair?

^I agree with you. That is my opinion. The Bible was written by man, that's how I see it. I try not to bash anyone's beliefs because I don't like it when people bash mine so I'll try to be as nice as possible. We don't know what man edited or put it. We will never know. We weren't there and if we were well then we must be the oldest people on this planet.

Fine, then I'll be foolish untill the day I die for believing that none of the Bible was edited or influenced by man. The Bible is the direct words from God, like it or not. The only way your going to hell is if you do not accept the Lord as your saviour. I'm not trying to go around and sound like I'm saying that your all going to hell, but I know what it takes (which is to accept him as your saviour) and so do many other people.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 17th, 2007 at 09:27pm
Ignore my first post ^^^.

[quote="H e l e n a"]
H e l e n a:
Resurgam:

^I agree with Resurgam. That is my opinion. The Bible was written by man, that's how I see it. I try not to bash anyone's beliefs because I don't like it when people bash mine so I'll try to be as nice as possible. We don't know what man edited or put it. We will never know. We weren't there and if we were well then we must be the oldest people on this planet.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 17th, 2007 at 09:32pm
Horror Show.xx:

And ofcourse I agree with you 101%.
I'm bisexual and very proud. It's hard these days to convince people (like my girlfriend's mother) that marriage is about LOVE. L-O-V-E. Never gender. I understand if it's hard on some people to be comfortable with homosexuals but it isn't right to make them feel ashamed of who they are. There have been gay people since the beginning of time. It's just that no one admitted to it or put it out there. Follow your heart and what you feel is right for you. It's not good to be unhappy just to fit in which sadly, some people might to just that.
H e l e n a
Killjoy
H e l e n a
January 17th, 2007 at 09:34pm
That was Resurgam that said that. My quote was the one below disagreeing with her x.x
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 17th, 2007 at 09:45pm
Oh, I'm sorry. Eh don't worry I don't hate you because of what you believe in Smile

That would be dumb...Sorry for the mixup I was just trying to prove a point.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
January 18th, 2007 at 07:24am
Okay, okay, okay. "God hates gays", "God loves everyone", neither point can be proven until the day you come to stand before him. Being catholic, I'm pretty much told point-blank that I'm going to Hell no matter what I do, so whatever.(Sorry if that came across as snotty...)

But where God stands on the issue becomes kind of irrelevant when you take the religion out of it.

So now we've got a decent reason why gays can't get married in a church, but now how do you explain why they can't get married in a courthouse or a private ceremony in their own backyard?
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
January 18th, 2007 at 12:30pm
Mina Rakastan Sinua:

So now we've got a decent reason why gays can't get married in a church, but now how do you explain why they can't get married in a courthouse or a private ceremony in their own backyard?

fucking good point!!
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 18th, 2007 at 04:09pm
I have a hard time understanding why people have such a hard time accepting gay people when it doesn't affect anyone but the people who are gay themselves. Homophobes think it affects them and everyone else when it has nothing to do with them. I don't understand why people can't let it go and let people marry and love who they want.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
January 18th, 2007 at 04:18pm
Why would g-d hate someone? He didn't just say, "Oh well I'm going to make a hand full of them gay so they can go to hell." G-d loves everyone, deal with it.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 18th, 2007 at 04:23pm
sally; dr. pepper:
Why would g-d hate someone? He didn't just say, "Oh well I'm going to make a hand full of them gay so they can go to hell." G-d loves everyone, deal with it.

I agree. If God exists then he wouldn't hate gays. That makes no sense. Some people say "God loves all his children". That means EVERYONE despite of race, orientation, ethnicity, ect....Well if he loves everyone, how can someone go and say gays are going to Hell if they've done nothing wrong?
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
January 18th, 2007 at 05:21pm
Horror Show.xx:
SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
January 18th, 2007 at 05:22pm
mona-anagramma:

fucking good point!!
Back that up with why it's a good point and why you agree.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 18th, 2007 at 06:38pm
H e l e n a:
Fine, then I'll be foolish untill the day I die for believing that none of the Bible was edited or influenced by man.

But here's the thing: I can basically guarantee you that you do not follow all the laws of Christianity. If you (and let's assume you're a model Christian) don't live as the Bible says to, what right do you have to ask other people (namely, homosexuals) to follow those laws?
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
January 18th, 2007 at 07:00pm
In my religion (Jewish) we don't judge on race nor sexuality, it's who they are, it won't change. Homosexual's didn't just wake up one day and say, "I'm going to be gay so I can piss of some people and they can take me to those cure places." It's who they are, it's the way g-d made them, g-d loves all off us, even the criminals. Like I said before, g-d didn't decide to make a gay person so he could go to hell, he made them to be different, to be themselves, and gay marriges SHOULD be allowed in churches not some backyard, it's about love and how long you last, it's about the children you will share together. I don't understand why people are so mad about homosexuals, it's not your life, WORRY ABOUT YOUR FUCKING SELF, it's seems like, well your marrige isn't working out so let's go pick on some gays, right? NO, they did nothing wrong, they're who they want to be.