Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 31st, 2007 at 11:33am
I understand the well-the-children-will-be-teased sentiment, but I think that's like saying that single parents shouldn't have children, or interracial couples or obese people or immigrants or a million other things that kids will get teased about. Perhaps growing up with same-sex parents isn't the ideal childhood, but until all other children are guarenteed ideal enviroments to grow up in, there's no excuse for not allowing homosexual couples to adopt.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 31st, 2007 at 06:14pm
If gays were more accepted, and there wasn't a government prejudice against them, then there would be no cause for teasing.
The Doctor
Salute You in Your Grave
The Doctor
January 31st, 2007 at 09:24pm
I think that if you were gay and adopted a child from when it was a baby, or had a surrogate then it would grow up believing theres nothing wrong with homosexuality, just like children with straight parents.

Plus, if the child never said anything specific about their parents sexuality (I.E I have two Daddys) or if they were only ever picked up by one parent, no-one would know so there wouldn't be a problem.

By that ^^^^ I'm not saying that parents should hide their sexuality, but it would be a LOT harder to tease someone about it if they don't know.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
February 1st, 2007 at 02:32am
livindead13:
i support gay rights and gay marrige, why should someone not be able to be with someone they love... i believe gay marrige should be legalized.

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! Why should it be legal?

To me, I'm for it, but seeing what people have written in this thread about what the signifigance of marraige in the church, even though I am not part of a church, it seems to be that homosexual marraige would be throwing dirt on their 2000 year old rights.

Why should we throw dirt on someone else's rights just to let another group of people have what they want?

And please people, we know love is love. Can you all use your points in the way you're meant to?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
February 1st, 2007 at 11:48am
^But marriage is not a religious thing. Legally, the ceremony means nothing. It's the peace of paper that the bride and groom sign that affords them the rights that marriage provides. The government has been attempting to offer civil unions as an alternative, but I don't think that's good. Right now (in the US) civil unions do not work the same as marriages. And didn't we already figure out that "seperate but equal" doesn't work?

If a religious institution doesn't want to allow homosexual couples to marry in their church, that's their problem. The government has no say over that, and they shouldn't. But the government should offer legal marriages for gay couples, to give them the same rights as heterosexual married couples.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 1st, 2007 at 03:08pm
I agree with you resurgam...
I say homosexual union is alright. Like really. Gay persons should be able to marry other gay persons but it shouldn't be called MARRIAGE and it shouldn't be done under CHRISTIANITY. They can go to court and settle on a homosexual union. They can have all the rights and goodies that come with marriage. They just shouldn't be able to have it done through christianity or call it marriage. Why? Because in christianity it states "A MAN IS TO MARRY A WOMEN". That is the religious belief and that is what the ceremony calls for. But it isn't right for christianity to step out of line and say, gays cant marry in courts. So that is the solution. Homosexuals can unite in a court. Its all solved that way.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
February 1st, 2007 at 03:47pm
You can get married in a court by a judge with no religious affiliation.
It's the ceremony that is considered marriage.
You get a marriage certificate in the courthouse.
If Aethiests can get married, it obviously isn't a solely religious union.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
February 1st, 2007 at 08:15pm
^exactly. Just because Christians / whoever don't want homosexual marriages in their church doesn't mean there shouldn't be legal homosexual marriages (in a court, I mean).
Llilith
Killjoy
Llilith
February 2nd, 2007 at 10:18am
i think homosexual marriage should be legalized because one i have friends who have parents who are lesbians...i also have a cousin who is gay, i forget my other reasons due to the fact that is only 7 15 in the morning
Llilith
Killjoy
Llilith
February 2nd, 2007 at 10:19am
the reason i think people wont legalize this mariage is cause people are always scared of whats different, and dont give me that crap about you think it's wrong cause of your religion! if you love someone that is enuff of a reason for me to get married
arinna
Killjoy
arinna
February 2nd, 2007 at 01:49pm
X_meese_X:
If gays were more accepted, and there wasn't a government prejudice against them, then there would be no cause for teasing.

yes, that is exactly the thing i meant ^^ if people would be more liberal, there wouldn't be that problem. and they just don't get it and it's sad, i think.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
February 2nd, 2007 at 07:14pm
Homosexuals should be given the right to marry because they are citizens of these United States, and should be given the same priveldges and rights as many other American. This isn't a question about Religion: because Marriage is no long JUST a religious institution. A couple could be married by a judge in a court house, without even involving religion. They say sinners shouldn't be allowed to marry? But Child molesters, murders, and wife beaters are allowed to marry- and I think we can all agree that molesting a child is a much worse offense than loving someone of the same sex. Also, everyone claims Civil Unions should take the place of marriage for Homosexuals. Brown vs the Board of Ed "Seperate is NOT equal" and the 14th Amendmant: "persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. " It is unconstutional, unfair, and wrong to deny homosexuals the write to marry.
Soda_Warfare
Killjoy
Soda_Warfare
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:34pm
Who are they to take away the right to love someone in life long marriage? As long they love each other I don't see what's wrong with it, gender doesn't matter. Not everyone in this country is religious, so I don't see how this should be based on religion. Homosexuality isn't a sin, it's not like people just wake up one morning and decide they're going to be gay. It's a chemical in the brain, they can't help it! I've seen people telling gays they should repent of their sins, well what are they supposed to say? "I'm sorry I was born gay, I should have known I was able to preven this in the womb, please forgive me?" That' ridiculous! If we're not going to give these "Sinners" the right to marry, we might as well not give the right to fat people, or people who have lustful thoughts before marriage, or people who envy other people. Do we have to go through another Civil War to prove the gays are the same as any other human being, do we have to go through another tragedy and lose lives to open our eyes to these things.

Love is love, no matter what gender.
The Doctor
Salute You in Your Grave
The Doctor
February 5th, 2007 at 09:03pm
This may seem like a ignorant question, but I'm actually confused.

Some people say that homosexuals are born with a chemical in the brain that make them homosexual.

Is that true? Or just a myth?
Excentrique
Banned
Excentrique
February 5th, 2007 at 09:06pm

A person, no matter of his or her sexual orientation, should not have different rights BECAUSE of his or her sexual orientation. A homosexual person should not have less or more rights than a heterosexual.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
February 5th, 2007 at 09:25pm
Chemical-Hamster:

Some people say that homosexuals are born with a chemical in the brain that make them homosexual.

It's true.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
February 5th, 2007 at 09:26pm
druscilla_way:
Chemical-Hamster:

It's true.
They're actually doing a study on it with sheep.
Excentrique
Banned
Excentrique
February 5th, 2007 at 09:28pm
Resurgam:
druscilla_way:
Chemical-Hamster:

It's true.
They're actually doing a study on it with sheep.

Resources please? Where are you two getting this information?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
February 5th, 2007 at 09:30pm
Well, I read the article in a recent edition of Time magazine. I don't know if it's online.

Edit: it is.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
February 5th, 2007 at 09:36pm
"Several recent studies, including pioneering work by neuroscientist Simon LeVay, demonstrate that there are notable differences between the physiology of a heterosexual male and a homosexual male. These differences are primarily noted in the brain, inner ear and olfactory sense. LeVay discovered in his double-blind experiment that the average size of the INAH-3 in the brains of homosexual men was significantly smaller than the average size in heterosexual male brains."

My mother told me about that, but that's an actual excerpt.
Apparently gay men react to certain scents and whatnot the same way that straight women do.
Lesbians on the other hand, don't seem to have different brain function from straight women.
I think that's why there are more women who experiment with bisexuality than men.