Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 20th, 2007 at 08:22pm
adam carson.:
Chemical-Hamster:

Homosexuals are born with a handicap and this is a tragedy. But it should not be regarded as something that is normal to be experimented with and tried by all. It is utterly wrong. It is not normal and not something to be flaunted or a matter of pride.
I think it has no argument. It just states an opinion but does nothing to convince anyone towards that opinion. I don't think it's very well done.
And a handicap? Why would it be a handicap? Because homosexuals can't have children and we totally need more people on the planet?

It is not a handicap. I'm offended by that.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 20th, 2007 at 08:35pm
Give Them Blood:
adam carson.:
Chemical-Hamster:

Homosexuals are born with a handicap and this is a tragedy. But it should not be regarded as something that is normal to be experimented with and tried by all. It is utterly wrong. It is not normal and not something to be flaunted or a matter of pride.
I think it has no argument. It just states an opinion but does nothing to convince anyone towards that opinion. I don't think it's very well done.
And a handicap? Why would it be a handicap? Because homosexuals can't have children and we totally need more people on the planet?

It is not a handicap. I'm offended by that. How can someone even say that? It's so hurtful. Honestly..
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 20th, 2007 at 09:29pm
Chemical-Hamster:
I'm bisexual and I say things are gay. It doesn't offend me in any way.

This was a letter in my local paper, these are NOT my opinions:

"There is no doubt that the vast majority of people consider that the government has failed in ever respect but perhaps the greatest of all these is in education. Tony Blair promised it would be a priority. Yet in it’s dying days is government is determined to destroy the morality and innocence of our schoolchildren.
Those in government decided to include in the curriculum detailed sexual instructions in the hope that this would reduce incidents of child molesters and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. This initiative failed dismally.
Has the government learned anything from this? No, because the next venture is to give children aged over ten detailed instructions about homosexuality.
Children will be instructed in homosexual practice and encouraged to experiment. They will be led to believe that these practices are entirely natural and normal. They are not.
I hope that all parents, teachers and those working with children will make known their concerns to their Mps.
FW Estall, Hedge End."

What do you all think of that?

.he/she contradicts him/herself..handicaps can't be wrong. it's not wrong to have an IQ below 70, or a physical deformity, or any of that. so how, if homosexuality were a handicap, could it be wrong?

we're anatomically built so that it's possible to have homosexual sex and i don't think that's an accident.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 21st, 2007 at 01:07am
sally; dr. pepper:
Why would g-d hate someone? He didn't just say, "Oh well I'm going to make a hand full of them gay so they can go to hell." G-d loves everyone, deal with it.

Straight up I agree
But love is love
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
January 21st, 2007 at 02:55pm
Give Them Blood:

It is not a handicap. I'm offended by that. How can someone even say that? It's so hurtful. Honestly..
I agree, but people differ in opinions. I just am not really afraid of it, because it's not going to convince anyone.
And I don't even see how it's a handicap.
Definition of handicap:
2 a : a disadvantage that makes achievement unusually difficult b sometimes offensive : a physical disability

Does it fit that?
I don't think so.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
January 21st, 2007 at 02:57pm
PassionBetweenLovers:

Straight up I agree
But love is love
Our Avenged Jules:

I will NOT tolerate people simply saying, "LOVE IS LOVE" in response to why homosexual marriages should be legalised.
Because, although that might be your opinion, it is a tiresome excuse.

Here are some key points you can discuss in this thread:
[b]-Consider the statement, "LOVE IS LOVE". If this statement is true, why should it be applied in order to legalise homosexual marriages?
LOVE IS LOVE can also be applied to incestual relationships, as well as animal/human relationships and paedophiliac relationships.
Get my gist?
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
January 21st, 2007 at 03:12pm
Does anyone know where, exactly, in the United States constitution it even said that gays can't marry before this whole commotion? Because I can't remember ever learning anything about that when I was a child.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 21st, 2007 at 03:50pm
adam carson.:
Give Them Blood:

Deffinition of handicap
2 a : a disadvantage that makes achievement unusually difficult b sometimes offensive : a physical disability

Does it fit that?
I don't think so.

On the strict definition in italics, I would have to agree that
homosexuality might be able to be classified as a disability,
but only on the grounds that homosexuals are treated to an unfair bias,
and so anyone who is openly gay may / will find it more difficult
to do the same things like getting a job or getting promoted.

So, it wouldn't be a physical or mental disability, it would be a social one.
Not at all what the origonal author of the paper meant, but in a different context, partly true.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
January 21st, 2007 at 03:52pm
bloodredruby69:

Not at all what the origonal author of the paper meant, but in a different context, partly true.
I suppose that's true.
But not if they're closeted, so it's not really the homosexuality that's the handicap.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 21st, 2007 at 07:16pm
bloodredruby69:
adam carson.:
Give Them Blood:

Deffinition of handicap

Does it fit that?
I don't think so.

That is perfectly understandable. It's the fact that some people thinking it's a horrific disease that offends me and gets me angry. It is hard for someone to be openly gay in this world because of how harsh this world is at times. With family, career, and just getting through the day can be difficult. But I don't want to call it a handicap.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 21st, 2007 at 07:30pm
I think what bloodredruby69 is trying to say is that it's a handicap the way being a girl is a handicap - we don't need special parking spaces by the mall, but life isn't quite as easy for us as it is for your average white male.
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
January 21st, 2007 at 07:44pm
I don't understand why why the government calls a legally recognized union between a man and a woman a "marriage", but one with people of the same gender is a "civil union." They're still human beings.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 21st, 2007 at 07:50pm
Resurgam:
I think what bloodredruby69 is trying to say is that it's a handicap the way being a girl is a handicap - we don't need special parking spaces by the mall, but life isn't quite as easy for us as it is for your average white male.

I see your point.
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
January 21st, 2007 at 08:00pm
I know this gay boy in my biology l who said that there was this one time when he was in woodshop class where these three guys sharpened the end tof a stick, put glue on the end of it, then wrote " Hope you enjoy this" and put it in his backpack. He wanted to report it, but was afraid to tell anyone in the office. Poor guy...
Some people are just scum.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 21st, 2007 at 08:03pm
Disposable Teen:
I know this gay boy in my biology l who said that there was this one time when he was in woodshop class where these three guys sharpened the end tof a stick, put glue on the end of it, then wrote " Hope you enjoy this" and put it in his backpack. He wanted to report it, but was afraid to tell anyone in the office. Poor guy...
Some people are just scum.

That is unbelievably fucked up. People are pathetic and think they're so damn superior to everyone else or just certain people. Karma will catch up to them. I'll make sure of that. Twisted Evil
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 22nd, 2007 at 08:22am
maybe with the definition given it may be a handicap....but no more than being black or female or jewish.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
January 24th, 2007 at 04:13pm
supervegan;zombify!:
maybe with the definition given it may be a handicap....but no more than being black or female or jewish.

I don't get what you are saying.
Are you saying being black or any sort or black and or Jewish is handicap? So basically you're saying I'm handicap? Want to explain because if you're not saying it like that then I don't want to take it the wrong way.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 24th, 2007 at 05:26pm
^That is why you need to read at least the page you're on
before posting in the DB.

Earlier, someone posted part of an article where someone was condemning
homosexuality as a handicap, and saying it was wrong.
Then Adam Carson posted the deffinition of handicap,
and I said that under one specific side of the deffinition, it could be considered to be a handicap.

The part of the definition I pointed out was

Definition of handicap
2 a : a disadvantage that makes achievement unusually difficult

I said that it could be considered a handicap then,
because of the amount of homophobia and hate
that gays have to deal with when in public.

So, ie, it is a social handicap, not a physical or mental one.
And yes, the same can be said for any group that experiences
predjuduce and hatred to a point where it can hamper their everyday lives.

Please scroll up and read the rest of the conversation, and you'll understand.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
January 24th, 2007 at 05:30pm
Disposable Teen:
I don't understand why why the government calls a legally recognized union between a man and a woman a "marriage", but one with people of the same gender is a "civil union." They're still human beings.
"seperate but equal".
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
January 24th, 2007 at 05:33pm
bloodredruby69:
^That is why you need to read at least the page you're on
before posting in the DB.

Earlier, someone posted part of an article where someone was condemning
homosexuality as a handicap, and saying it was wrong.
Then Adam Carson posted the deffinition of handicap,
and I said that under one specific side of the deffinition, it could be considered to be a handicap.

The part of the definition I pointed out was

Definition of handicap
2 a : a disadvantage that makes achievement unusually difficult

I said that it could be considered a handicap then,
because of the amount of homophobia and hate
that gays have to deal with when in public.

So, ie, it is a social handicap, not a physical or mental one.
And yes, the same can be said for any group that experiences
predjuduce and hatred to a point where it can hamper their everyday lives.

Please scroll up and read the rest of the conversation, and you'll understand.

Thank you, Ruby.
I apoligize.
Smile