Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 25th, 2007 at 03:19pm
my fault, i should have been less lazy and quoted.

anyway to elaborate...the writer of that letter said "born with a handicap".

aren't social handicaps created by society? what is a social handicap here might not be somewhere else...for instance in parts of ireland being catholic could be considered a social handicap, while here it's not that big a deal. it's not a handicap you're born with, such as mental retardation or a physical deformity, it's a handicap that society creates for you based on what you're born with.

[sorry if that made no sense, i'm a little tired]
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 25th, 2007 at 04:30pm
You're correct Caitlin.

What would be a social handicap in North America, say, might not be one in Europe, or Asia.
The views on homosexuality that cause the social handicap are entirely dependant
on the beliefs and taboos of the society or part of the world that is looked at.

It has a lot to do with exposure, religion, fear, and the mind-sets of the society itself.
If the community is homophobic or hates gays, then the children raised there will
most likely be the same way, because children emulate their parents and older siblings/family members.

But if the society is entirely open to homosexuality, the children will usually be more
forgiving about it, so to speak. They won't necessarily be so quick to judge and hate.
soilitsu
Killjoy
soilitsu
January 25th, 2007 at 04:53pm
"Top Twelve Reasons Homosexual Marriage Should not be Legal:

1 .Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can’t legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are property, blacks can’t marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never suceed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven’t adapted to cars or longer lifespans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a “seperate but equal” institution is always constitutional. Seperate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as seperate marriages for gays and lesbians will."
(http://www.seanbonner.com/blog/archives/000402.php)

By the way I really don't think gay marriages are wrong, if you read threw it (the article above)is just sarcasm and totally makes fun of homophobia.

Sorry if someone posted this earlier >.<

And by the way its not ALL about marriage, gay people can love each other without showing a ring, it's also about the 1,049 legal benefits they miss out of
(http://gaylife.about.com/od/samesexmarriage/a/benefits.htm)

Oh don't forget

Some churches do accept gay people Razz

Oh by the way I don't listen to the tradition bull crap.
Back in early Greece days they allowed gay marriages, cause half their gods were gay(joke xD)
I guess you could consider that a tradition.

Also back before the 19th century gay people were very common, mostly bisexual people though.
But then psychologists said it was a "mental disorder" to be attracted to people of the same sex
That all changed in the 70's though

My belief is
Let gay marriages happen ^-^

Its okay to be gay
-just my opinion-

But c'mon people we are all humans
Whats more important thousands of people dieing from preventable dieases or two men living next to you?
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 25th, 2007 at 05:00pm
Exactly. Especially, as many people have pointed out, it is not a moral issue, it's a matter of religious belief. There should be a clear line between church and state. Just because the president happens to be one religion, or even if congress, or any other political body is Christian and thinks it's "bad", it gives them no right to subject the many other religions in America to their beliefs.

I don't like people who turn homosexuality into a fad. Just because there are more openly homosexual people in society, doesn't mean that everyone in college should make out with the same sex to be cool. That's what gives homosexuals a bad name.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 25th, 2007 at 05:05pm
haha! that was quite entertaining and informative...and while some people might think any humor is spam here, satire most definitely has its place in this discussion--and satire is a great way to make a point...check out 'A Modest Proposal'.

anyway i particularly liked the one about marriage being a means to produce children...it was the exact response i had to a speaker at some church group who said more or less the same thing.

clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
January 27th, 2007 at 01:06pm
Although i am not gay myself,

I think that everyone should leave gay people fuck alone and should not get all cought up if the person is gay or not.

I think gay people should be allowed to marry just liek anyone else in the world.

i dont under stand why the government would even want to get involved in gay marrage.

i feel bad for the gay and lesbian people that have to go through their lives being made fun of and judged.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 27th, 2007 at 06:48pm
I used to have an MSN avatar, that said "It's none of your business if Joe and Joe want to get married." And, basically, that sums up the entire purpose of homoesxual rights supporters.
clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
January 27th, 2007 at 11:10pm
X_meese_X:
Exactly. Especially, as many people have pointed out, it is not a moral issue, it's a matter of religious belief. There should be a clear line between church and state. Just because the president happens to be one religion, or even if congress, or any other political body is Christian and thinks it's "bad", it gives them no right to subject the many other religions in America to their beliefs.

I don't like people who turn homosexuality into a fad. Just because there are more openly homosexual people in society, doesn't mean that everyone in college should make out with the same sex to be cool. That's what gives homosexuals a bad name.

thats like that fucking real point.
ziggy stardust;
Salute You in Your Grave
ziggy stardust;
January 28th, 2007 at 08:37am
I believe it should be legal. I think that we are all people and it's complete prejudice to not allow gay couples the same rights as straight couples. Do Human Rights not apply to gay couples? I realise that it would take a lot of time and money to sort out, and that you can be completely in love without marriage, but if it had been legal in the first place, then we wouldn't be having all these arguements about it constantly and gay kids wouldn't be getting so much fucking stick at school. Trust me - I know.
livindead13
Killjoy
livindead13
January 28th, 2007 at 12:02pm
i support gay rights and gay marrige, why should someone not be able to be with someone they love... i believe gay marrige should be legalized.
arinna
Killjoy
arinna
January 29th, 2007 at 02:51pm
i'm pretty much the same tracks as the rest of you here. i hate when people are labeling each others to groups, and i just don't understand why somebody have that thought that man CAN NOT love other man. or woman other woman. i don't get it where from have they get those beliefs.

i mean, of course there are more straights in this planet, but still it doesn't mean that homosexuals aren't as good or justifiable as straights. i don't get it. maybe it just have been like, that woman marries man and like that, but why couldn't it change? do it always have to be like this. i don't think so. i think that homosexuals should have same justices as straights. 'cause i don't see any difference, is there man and man or man and woman. i just don't get some people, how can they think like that. that everybody shouldn't have equal rights x____X it's strange.

my opinion is, that every human supposed to have same rights so i definitely support gay marriages. that's it ^^
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
January 29th, 2007 at 02:59pm
Has anyone else been keeping up with the British adoption row at the minute?

Basically, there are some "faith adoption agencies" who think it is wrong for children to be adopted by a gay couple and were trying to stop Tony Blair from bringing in a new law stopping them from excluding gays from the adoption process.
The law was passed today and will come into effect at the end of 2008, which I'm very happy about. I feel it is better for children to have a happy, stable family life, regardless of their parents sexuality, rather than a tougher, unstable and maybe unhappy life.
But that's just my opinion.
soilitsu
Killjoy
soilitsu
January 29th, 2007 at 05:09pm
We all know the true reason politicians havn't made a law about gay people yet, it gives them TV time. If they make a law that lowers there TV time (hence them only brining up the issue on even number years Razz (gotta love the Daily Show))
A Friendly Reminder
Jazz Hands
A Friendly Reminder
January 30th, 2007 at 04:58pm
I think it should be legal only because I think that a gay couple is a happier couple. They don't fight all the time, unlike the people who are male female couples.

In government we learned that church and state are to be seperate, well then why the hell is their excuse "In the Bible it says a man for a woman" or whatever.

I personally think it should be legal. I don't really have a definant reason why, but i really strongly agree to gay rights.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 30th, 2007 at 05:41pm
i have a penis:
I think it should be legal only because I think that a gay couple is a happier couple. They don't fight all the time, unlike the people who are male female couples.
I find that first statement is jumping to conclusions, and doesn't appear to be based on anything.

Just because a couple is gay, doesn't make them any happier or less happy than the average hetero couple.
The dynamics of the relationship, happiness, passion, enjoyability, co-operative abilities, etc, don't depend on the sex of the partner,
but on the personality, ethics, morals, beliefs, and habits of the person.
Gender really has very little to do with the relationship, in that matter.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
January 30th, 2007 at 07:07pm
^exactly for example in a lesbian relationship the 2 women's menstrual cycles would eventually synch together because women's cycles do when 2or more women are in close contact for months or more - it happens in workplaces too - so the 2 women would be going through their cycles together and all that pms and hormonal imbalances i'm sure would make for a very emotional argumentative time.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 30th, 2007 at 07:38pm
^
Actually, female/female relationships have the lowest amount abuse, due to the lack of testosterone.
Male/male have the highest.
Female/male are in the middle.
CoffinDelivery
Killjoy
CoffinDelivery
January 31st, 2007 at 02:07am
In my opinion people should be able to love whomever they want. It's simular to people being condecending of inter racial couples, exept it's gender. And the fact gays are looked upon as having a sexual perversion disgusts me. I've known many many gay/lesbian couples and singles, they're some of the best people ever.
Also, there's new experiments going on with 'gay sheep'. Sheep that when it comes time go after the same gender, It's like they're looking for a cure- makes yo thing WTF?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 31st, 2007 at 04:13am
^actually I read an article on that. They're cutting open the sheep's brains to see what it is that makes them gay, but according to the scientist who's leading the experiment they're not trying to 'cure' homosexuality or anything of the sort. Apparently they've been giving some sheep hormones that they think will encourage homosexuality.
arinna
Killjoy
arinna
January 31st, 2007 at 09:29am
that adoption is another thing - well i do support them, but there you have to think it also for child: how does the child feels, that he/she has two dad or mother? they might be teased or something, but i think it's also because of the fact that everybody do not respect homosexuals. if they'd respect them, it wouldn't be problem, and children wouldn't (propably) be teased, too. so i think, that gays supposed to have also same rights at adoption, because of this.