Don't have an account? Create one!

Necrophilia

AuthorMessage
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 4th, 2009 at 12:49am
xxZalanortxx:
I'm sorry if it sounded wrong what I said, but I defiantly didn't mean homosexuality is wrong. I'm bisexual, so that would be completely backwards. I was just saying that nobody would choose to be attracted to corpses. I was using homosexuality only as a comparison, because they don't choose to be attracted to men. I didn't just make up one day and decide I was going to be bi, so I just was stating the choice aspect. (which it doesn't appear that they would have)

I think the difference is that you are born gay or strait. I don't think anyone is born a necrophile.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 4th, 2009 at 03:07pm
Faraday:
I think the difference is that you are born gay or strait. I don't think anyone is born a necrophile.

I'm not exactly saying that all of them are born a necrophiliac, I'm saying they often are born with other forms of mental illnesses, or under-developed social skills. Sometimes they may be incompetent to build on their social skills, hence are born with the disabilities almost all necrophiliacs have. I am slightly confused about the topic of those that are just flat out attracted to corpses however. I was stating that it could very well be possible that it is just another form of sexual orientation. I am not certain about this of course, I am just saying that it is a possibility. I also was stating of course that it doesn't seem like anyone would willingly choose to be attracted to corpses.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 4th, 2009 at 03:20pm
Actually, isn't Necrophilia more of a fetish?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 4th, 2009 at 03:56pm
LetterSeven:
Actually, isn't Necrophilia more of a fetish?
No, it's definitely a deviation.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 4th, 2009 at 04:53pm
I always thought necrophilia was a fetish, but I guess it's probably more than that
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 4th, 2009 at 05:31pm
xxZalanortxx:

I'm not exactly saying that all of them are born a necrophiliac, I'm saying they often are born with other forms of mental illnesses, or under-developed social skills. Sometimes they may be incompetent to build on their social skills, hence are born with the disabilities almost all necrophiliacs have. I am slightly confused about the topic of those that are just flat out attracted to corpses however. I was stating that it could very well be possible that it is just another form of sexual orientation. I am not certain about this of course, I am just saying that it is a possibility. I also was stating of course that it doesn't seem like anyone would willingly choose to be attracted to corpses.

For those that are born with mental illnesses or have other problems they can get help. I don't see why they should be allowed to have sex with a corpse when they can get help to help them have a relationship with a living person. I see necrophilia as the same as pedophilia and bestiality.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 5th, 2009 at 09:37am
Faraday:
I see necrophilia as the same as pedophilia and bestiality.
Exactly, just less harmful to anyone.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 5th, 2009 at 03:08pm
Faraday:
I don't see why they should be allowed to have sex with a corpse

Why shouldn't they? As numerous other people stated earlier on here, you can't rape in inanimate object. Some of them obviously are attracted to them. I see it in some cases as merely a sexual orientation. I don't think they should be allowed to do that to just any corpse, but I don't think it should be outlawed. It's just how they are. Not allowing them to be who they are seems like a violation of civil rights to me.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 5th, 2009 at 03:24pm
xxZalanortxx:
Not allowing them to be who they are seems like a violation of civil rights to me.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it just happens to be the one sexual deviation that doesn't harm anyone else, so I'm not concerned about it. Did the necrophiliac miss the counseling boat? Definitely, but you can't put the genie back into that bottle now.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2009 at 11:17pm
xxZalanortxx:
Why shouldn't they? As numerous other people stated earlier on here, you can't rape in inanimate object. Some of them obviously are attracted to them. I see it in some cases as merely a sexual orientation. I don't think they should be allowed to do that to just any corpse, but I don't think it should be outlawed. It's just how they are. Not allowing them to be who they are seems like a violation of civil rights to me.

I guess I see it as dishonoring the dead. To me, there is a difference between a body and any other inanimate object. A body used to be someone, it's not just some object. Again, your argument could easily be used to justify pedophilia and bestiality. Oh he likes to boink animals, but you know it's just who he is, no need to stop it.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 6th, 2009 at 06:32am
I don't think it's quite on a par with paedophilia. Necrophilia is certainly not as harmful as paedophilia, as the subject of their arousal isn't alive and cannot suffer any kind of physical or mental damage from it.

However, I don't think it's something that should be allowed as common practice. Like Faraday said, it is disrespectful to the dead. I think counselling should be offered to necrophiliacs to try and work out what exactly it is that attracts them to do that. Whilst they might not be 'cured' as it were, it would give more of an insight as to what exactly makes someone a necrophiliac and like any disorder or problem they can try and work through it.

You know, reading this reminds me of something I read a while back on the development of robots. It was talking about how AI could be used to develop robots that were pretty much human looking and sounding, etc. The article discussed the implications of taking the AI and using it for reforming pedophiles and rapists. (Because raping a robot is better than raping a human being, right?) I'm a bit sketchy on the specifics, I will look around for it though.
I guess what I'm saying is that maybe something like that would be developed for necrophiliac too. Except you could probably miss the AI out and just have a human-like doll.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2009 at 11:00am
Faraday:
I guess I see it as dishonoring the dead. Again, your argument could easily be used to justify pedophilia and bestiality.

I am not entirely sure why people insist on comparing everything with pedophilia and bestiality. For starters, pedophilia HURTS PEOPLE. You can view the dead in any moralistic way that you like, but at the end of the day, THOSE PEOPLE ARE DEAD; THEY CAN'T REALLY BE HURT. Bestiality is odd, but I'm gonna have to say that it depends on the size and willingness of the animal (yes, I said willingness, as I for one have had a large dog attempt to rape me LOL.)
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 6th, 2009 at 11:48am
I agree Deb-It dosen't hurt anybody, while Pedophilia and (most of the time, anyway) Beastiality.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2009 at 12:08pm
Granted, it might not hurt the corpse but it would sure as hell hurt me if I knew someone had defiled a loved ones body. I don't think it's right to say no one is hurt.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2009 at 01:48pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
Granted, it might not hurt the corpse but it would sure as hell hurt me if I knew someone had defiled a loved ones body. I don't think it's right to say no one is hurt.
Livvie, but that's a moral issue, not really a legal one, no? I dunno, maybe from my perspective it's different, because once a person is dead, I don't view the body as anything more than the shell they once lived inside of, like a crab.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 6th, 2009 at 02:23pm
I kind of agree with Deb about not understanding why people always compare it to pedophilia, and bestiality, but I am not quite sure even about those. I mean, what if the kid or animal wants to be in a relationship with the person. I mean, there are actually some ancient Japanese traditions in which it is fairly common for a male student and master to be in a romantic relationship. It is considered essential to the soul, and better understanding of the other. Deb also mentioned before the idea of actually signing something to say that you will allow necrophiliacs to use your body after you have died. Even though of course that is merely a temporary solution (as the body will eventually decompose) it is a start, and quite a good idea. If I wasn't going to donate my organs to those who need replacements and the rest of my body to science, I might very well consider signing such a thing. It would feel kind of like to charity to a misunderstood, and often rejected people.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2009 at 03:14pm
xxZalanortxx:
I mean, what if the kid or animal wants to be in a relationship with the person. If I wasn't going to donate my organs to those who need replacements and the rest of my body to science, I might very well consider signing such a thing.

Yes, I think the issue here is the matter of consent. There is no way for us to adequately determine what a minor or animal wants, therefore we can't allow those practices to continue, however, a person should have every right to determine what becomes of their own remains.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2009 at 04:02pm
Deb:
Livvie, but that's a moral issue, not really a legal one, no? I dunno, maybe from my perspective it's different, because once a person is dead, I don't view the body as anything more than the shell they once lived inside of, like a crab.
why is the moral side of the argument not relevant?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2009 at 04:28pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
why is the moral side of the argument not relevant?
Well, it's relevant if we're arguing from sort of a religious perspective, but I thought we were arguing legislature at the moment?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2009 at 05:40pm
oh right. I hadn't been involved in any discussion on this thread previously. It's ok. I'll leave it then. Smile