Necrophilia

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 7th, 2009 at 07:02am
Deb:
LetterSeven:
Actually, isn't Necrophilia more of a fetish?
No, it's definitely a deviation.
It's a sexual deviation, but it is also a fetish.

By the way, I'd just like to point out that not all necrophiliacs actually have sex with corpses. You would have to have access to corpses in the first place. A lot of it has to do with sexual fantasy and I would suggest a lot keep it in their heads (I mean, unless they all work at morgues or are mass murderers, where would they get a chance to regularly have sex with corpses?).
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 7th, 2009 at 11:35am
Mindfuck:
By the way, I'd just like to point out that not all necrophiliacs actually have sex with corpses. A lot of it has to do with sexual fantasy and I would suggest a lot keep it in their heads
We've had this sort of discussion before - about pedophiles. Again, you don't know that someone is a necrophiliac or a pedophile until they actually commit the act, and technically, they aren't until they commit the act anyhow, so the argument is a bit loosey-goosey to me.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
August 7th, 2009 at 09:50pm
I'm not especially educated on necrophilia,but after reading through some posts,I think I have a decent education on it.
To me,it seems just,demeaning and disrepectful to the corpse and the family. Slightly odd,tbh.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
August 8th, 2009 at 07:50am
Necrophilia is, indeed, a fetish.
As long as there's no health risk.
What do I mean?
There could be many, and I repeat, MANY, diseases in a dead human's body.
In my own opinion, there should be something like a contract that a person can sign if they want their body to be used for that kind of fetish. Therefore, having their dead bodies kept in labs or something like that. Like some people sign contracts in order to donate their organs after death.
This might seem sick to you, but we live in the 21st century -and I know that this is no excuse- but we are supposed to aknowledge every person's needs. And a fetish is a sexual need to the one who has it.
To be perfectly honest, I think it's a sick act, but that is only my own personal opinion. Really, we need to think that something that's completely sick to us, might be totally normal to someone else.
Nevertheless, as long as necrophilia is considered a pschycological illness to most people-not beng one of them-, people who are attracted to dead bodies will feel abandoned, just like homosexuals did some years ago, and still do in some places.
So, to sum up, think before you judge.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 8th, 2009 at 08:36pm
jimmy sullivan.:
[font=5Really, we need to think that something that's completely sick to us, might be totally normal to someone else.
Nevertheless, as long as necrophilia is considered a pschycological illness to most people-not beng one of them-, people who are attracted to dead bodies will feel abandoned, just like homosexuals did some years ago, and still do in some places.
[/font]
It's hard not to judge necrophiliacs because it is actually classified as a sexual deviation. Now, I know not all sexual deviations are considered "sick" like necrophilia, but as soon as something is tagged with 'deviation' it's obvious it's not classified as 'normal' (that's what a deviation is).

For that reason, I think people's judgements are quite justified. I think it's a bit odd to compare it to homosexuality, because homosexuality is a sexual orientation, whereas necrophilia is a sexual deviation fetish. Some fetishes can actually be controlled and overcome, if it's getting in the way of your life.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 9th, 2009 at 12:29am
jimmy sullivan.:
people who are attracted to dead bodies will feel abandoned, just like homosexuals did some years ago, and still do in some places. So, to sum up, think before you judge.
I don't think necrophilia is a sexual preference, I think it's a symptom. And again, I personally really resent the constant comparison to homosexuality.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 18th, 2009 at 10:10pm
jimmy sullivan.:

people who are attracted to dead bodies will feel abandoned, just like homosexuals did some years ago, and still do in some places.

Agreed. Others are still pointing out it is classified as a deviation. Thank you pointing out that homosexuality was considered a deviation as well not so long ago. I believe everyone should have the right to have sex with anyone, or anything, as long as it's consensual (if it's alive that is) and non-harmful. Gay Pride, Bi-Pride, Leather Pride, Trans-gender Pride, Necrophiliac Pride, it's all fine with me. When people use the quote "Love is love" and truly mean it. They shouldn't just use it to justify their own sexual orientation, they should respect everyone's.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
August 18th, 2009 at 10:32pm
Mindfuck:

For that reason, I think people's judgements are quite justified. I think it's a bit odd to compare it to homosexuality, because homosexuality is a sexual orientation, whereas necrophilia is a sexual deviation fetish. Some fetishes can actually be controlled and overcome, if it's getting in the way of your life.

I agree. A fetish is not something that a person is born having or that is a part of a person's DNA. Fetish's are things that, like Mindfuck said, can be controlled and overcome. They are something that you can get over with the right resources. So really someone who refuses those resources would be choosing to be a...necrophilist? I dont know what exactly you would call them.

As has been mentioned, necrophilia is not an orientation, its more like having a preference, but to an extreme level.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 19th, 2009 at 08:16am
^I personally don't think most fetishes should be controlled.... but certainly ones which are on the illegal side of things, like necrophilia or bestiality etc., should be controlled. But I guess it's up to the person as to whether they want to get help. I imagine there are probably people with an illegal fetish and know it's wrong, but there are probably also people who don't care.
Wandering_Soul
Jazz Hands
Wandering_Soul
August 22nd, 2009 at 09:04pm
It sounds like a good way to catch nasty infections. It disrespects the person's life, and their family.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
August 23rd, 2009 at 04:29pm
Wandering_Soul:
It sounds like a good way to catch nasty infections. It disrespects the person's life, and their family.
But if the corpse in question has in one way or another given their permission, how is it disrespecting them?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 23rd, 2009 at 09:56pm
^How many people do you think would give permission for their corpse to be used sexually by someone? No doubt there are people out there who give consent, but I wouldn't think a lot of people would.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
August 25th, 2009 at 05:24pm
Mindfuck:
^How many people do you think would give permission for their corpse to be used sexually by someone? No doubt there are people out there who give consent, but I wouldn't think a lot of people would.
That's a valid point, but how many people out there are necrophiliacs?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 27th, 2009 at 02:32am
^What's your point?
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
August 28th, 2009 at 06:01pm
Mindfuck:
^What's your point?
Well my first point was having sex with a corpse isn't raping it,
but my second point was that I doubt that the number of people willing to let necrophiliacs have sex with them after they die is disproportionate to the number of necrophiliacs who actually have sex with corpses.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 30th, 2009 at 12:44pm
I might be uneducated, but wouldn't a necrophile be someone with a sexual attraction to corpses, just as a pedophile is someone with a sexual attraction to children? Whether an act is committed or not, the attraction is all there needs to be for one to be classified as such. In which case, the only way we'd know someone was a necrophile is if they either committed the act OR admitted to the attraction.

Also interesting (from Wikipedia): "Herodotus writes in The Histories that, to discourage intercourse with a corpse, ancient Egyptians left deceased beautiful women to decay for "three or four days" before giving them to the embalmers. This practice originated from the need to discourage the men performing the funerary customs from having sexual interest in their charges."
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
October 18th, 2009 at 06:24am
peter bishop:
In which case, the only way we'd know someone was a necrophile is if they either committed the act OR admitted to the attraction.

This sounds oddley familiar to me, what about you Deb? ;D
We had a huge discussion in the Paedophilia thread about simply being attracted to children vs. actually committing a crime.

Definition: an irresistible sexual attraction to dead bodies

Necrophilia is illegal, yet being a necrophiliac isn't. It is only when you have acted on your urges that it becomes illegal, yet the definition of a necrophile does not include actually copulating with a dead body. If someone came up to you and said they were a necrophile then you couldn't do anything, as it isn't illegal.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 18th, 2009 at 09:19pm
^I don't think necrophilia and pedophilia can be compared as being similar. Pedophilia, I feel, is a lot more heinous than necrophilia. Probably because I place - and I think society does too - a lot more worth and protection on children rather than dead people. Children are alive and are able to remember the illegal acts committed against them, and it can hurt them psychologically. You can't say the same for corpses.

I think we need to move away from comparing necrophilia to pedophilia, because they are two different paraphilias, and they are also different in the eyes of the law.

A necrophile and a pedophile might be similar in the sense they they fetishize a certain group - in a pedophile's case, children and in a necrophile's case, corpses - but I see one as being much more heinous than the other. If someone told me they were a necrophile, I'd probably think it was creepy. But if someone told me they were a pedophile, I'd probably disown them.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
October 19th, 2009 at 12:20am
Mindfuck:

I wasn't comparing the two in the sense of literal definition. What I meant was that both can be defined as a sexual attraction, but not legally breaking the law. Therefore you can be a pedophile/necrophile but not break the law.
Sorry I didn't explain myself well. :]
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 20th, 2009 at 12:58pm
hmmmm.....well it's kinda nasty, considering that as you're getting it on with a corpse it's rotting in front of your very eyes. Anyone who does that must have like two day long relationships because the flies should start coming.