Don't have an account? Create one!

Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 22nd, 2007 at 08:47pm
I had a feeling Handsome Awkward wasn't about Gerard.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
March 22nd, 2007 at 09:46pm
I still think it is Shifty2

Lmao I'm gonna get flamed. But I really do. I think Liar, Liar is about him as well.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 22nd, 2007 at 09:51pm
nine volt heart.:

Lmao I'm gonna get flamed. But I really do. I think Liar, Liar is about him as well.

I wont flame you Smile
But if it is about him, I'm curious to hear the full songs.
Arithmetic Doll
Salute You in Your Grave
Arithmetic Doll
March 22nd, 2007 at 11:38pm
what wrong with Bert anyway?
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:44am
nine volt heart.:

Well Bert and Quinn pretty much told Kerrang! it was about Gerard, so... unless it was some kind of joke?!
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:33am
lost_intention:
what wrong with Bert anyway?

. . .

Nothing's wrong with him.

Did I misunderstand this question or something? O_o
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
March 23rd, 2007 at 11:26am
Bess:
nine volt heart.:

Well Bert and Quinn pretty much told Kerrang! it was about Gerard, so... unless it was some kind of joke?!

Ok, I personally think Bert has a tendancy to act more immature when someone else is around. I also think that he and Quinn were speaking the truth when they said it was about G. Then, when Bert was doing that interview alone and got asked about it, he just behaved like an adult and said it wasn't about Gerard, wished them the best, etc. There's a big difference in the way he conducted himself in that first interview compared to this new one.

Three lines in Handsome Awkward really stick to Gerard - "Make me your lover", "Puke while running a mile", and "very handsome, awkward".

Handsome means it's about a male...unless Bert is calling an ex-girlfriend handsome. Which is a big "no".
Make me your lover - So, it has to be about someone he was sexual with. Could be another male, sure, but...
Awkward - We all know how awkward Gerard can be, he's even admitted it himself.
Puke while running a mile - When you're really unfit, running even a short distance makes you throw up and dizzy etc. Trust me, I know Shifty2 We know Gerard is unfit, he could barely run during those kickball games, is overweight, and he smokes a packet a day.

If it was just one or two references I wouldn't be so convinced, but there's quite a few and that's not even including that Bert and Quinn admitted it.

Lmao sorry for the novel, I like to dissect meanings.
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
March 23rd, 2007 at 11:28am
World War Hana:

I saw this the other day and was really shocked.
I mean seriously Bert, get over it!
i swear hes just bringing up the whole Gerard i hate mcr thing for publicity.

Probably. He's also probably jealous of their success.
I really don't like all this feuding thing. I hate Bert. -_- He's annoying and fugly. < no reason to hate someone if their ugly, but in his case...
Whatever. We don't know the exact details. I guess we can't judge.
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 23rd, 2007 at 11:29am
I enjoyed your novel Lik.

And agree with it. XDD
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 23rd, 2007 at 12:04pm
What Lik said makes sense. So I guess it is about Gee. Oh well, I bet they did a good job on the songs and I look forward to hearing them.

Once again, Bert still hasn't lost any of my respect for him. He's honest. I like honesty. Or he's just really drunk...some people don't realize what they're saying when they're drunk. Or sometimes I hear they tell the truth when they are wasted. But whatever. This fued is annoying and I wish everyone would leave it be.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but they better have a good reason for their opinion not just "I don't like him" for no reason. Yeah okay...if he's jealous then what the fuck ever. He said he's completely comfortable where their band is at and I think this new CD will totally kickass and do well. Yes, he can be immature. But Gerard probably can be too. We don't know how he is when the camera's are off and there's no one around except for him and his friends. Seriously.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
March 23rd, 2007 at 12:24pm
Lik, I say this so many times, but you are awesome. And I agree with you - I noticed those meanings too apart from about one of them, and whenever I hear Handsome Awkward I do think of Gerard. It relates to him.
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
March 23rd, 2007 at 12:52pm
I can't decide what I think about Bert..
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 23rd, 2007 at 12:53pm
hallucinationXregret:

What was your opinon before? If you don't mind me asking.
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
March 23rd, 2007 at 12:56pm
Give Them Blood:
hallucinationXregret:

What was your opinon before? If you don't mind me asking.

I was pretty sure Bert is just jealous and unhappy that MCR is famous and all of that or something, but I don't know, after reading this thread and reading some interviews, he seems like a nice, intelligent, interesting guy...
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:00pm
hallucinationXregret:

I was pretty sure Bert is just jealous and unhappy that MCR is famous and all of that or something, but I don't know, after reading this thread and reading some interviews, he seems like a nice, intelligent, interesting guy...

I'm not making you take sides but I'm glad you did your research if you know what I mean instead of just judging without any backup. Bert is a very intelligent person even if he can be immature. Everyone can be. Whatever, that's not the case here. As you can see, Bert is just a human being. As is Gerard. And looks can be decieving.
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:15pm
Give Them Blood:
hallucinationXregret:

I'm not making you take sides but I'm glad you did your research if you know what I mean instead of just judging without any backup. Bert is a very intelligent person even if he can be immature. Everyone can be. Whatever, that's not the case here. As you can see, Bert is just a human being. As is Gerard. And looks can be decieving.

Yes I agree, I mean, the only interviews I've seen/read with Bert before where just crazy and immature but I looked into a little more 'serious' interviews and he's awesome.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:24pm
Everyone can be a little immachure. We're all human. I'd like to know what Gee is REALLY like when the cameras are off and no one is around. Not saying I'm expecting him to be an asshole but you never know with certain situations.
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
March 23rd, 2007 at 04:45pm
I never was a real Bert fan anyway. Whatever.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:03pm
"There is no beef with My Chemical Romance and The Used. We're all good."

- Bret McCracken.

Haha, did I excite you? Nice choice of words Bret, of course there's no beef with MCR/TU, it's a beef between Gerard and Bret. But still, a huge part of me wishes that they did make up <3

Here's the video where he says it.

Edit: Btw, I haven't made spelling mistakes, from now on I'm just calling Bert, Bret and Quinn, Qwan like they have on their myspace, lmao.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:25pm
Well THAT was quite entertaining. I like his little song at the very end.
Oh...no beef between MCR and The Used...doesn't sound like anyone's bashing anyone now. (Atleast not in the public)
But whatever. What counts is that he was MACHURE about it. That's all.