Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
March 20th, 2007 at 02:05pm
Bess:
heartache to sing:
Yeah! Pretty much all Bert does now is bash Gerard, but Gerard/MCR, but Gerard hasn't said ONE bad thing about Bert. Don't you just love him even more?

Bert doesn't bash them. He's bashed them what, once? And that was it. The last time he mentioned MCR, he said that he wished them all the best.

Why do people keep making out that Bert is slating MCR at like every opportunity? He DOESN'T.

But Bert wrote that song. Sweet Handsome something or other, can't remember what it was called. In Kerrang! Bert was slagging him and the rest of MCR like mad! The whole interview was Bert slagging him off.

Anyone know what that song is called?
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 20th, 2007 at 02:06pm
Well, I THOUGHT Bert bashed them a couple times, but maybe I'm wrong. I remember him on the megaphone trying to get kids not to watch MCR, and I remember him saying something about their heads exploding. Maybe that's it. Sorry guys, didn't mean any offense, I love Bert too. Very Happy

The song is called "Handsome Awkward"
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 20th, 2007 at 02:07pm
The song is called Handsome Awkward. And as I said before, people make mistakes. Are you saying you've never bitched about anyone? He's human, for God's sake. Give him a break.
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
March 20th, 2007 at 02:10pm
obviously, because this is a MCR board, a lot of people will love Gerard, which im not saying is wrong, because i like him too. However, more people would stick up for him, rather than Bert. Both bands are just as bad as each other. Yeah Bert might say things about MCR, but MCR probably say things about The Used to. The only difference is MCR don't say it in public so none of us would know.

i love both bands, but all the blame can't just go on Bert. An argument has 2 sides.If it never, it would be more like a rant.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
March 20th, 2007 at 02:49pm
blue horizon.:
The song is called Handsome Awkward. And as I said before, people make mistakes. Are you saying you've never bitched about anyone? He's human, for God's sake. Give him a break.

I understand people have a bitch sometimes but that was totally out of order. I do love Bert and I love Gerard but can't Bert see the limits between a little bitch and intentionally slagging off.
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 20th, 2007 at 02:59pm
Intentionally slagging off.

We all do it, and those with decency regret it. I don't know if Bert regrets it or not, but people aren't giving him enough credit here and I'd like to believe that he DOES regret what he said. And even if he doesn't, it's in the past. I doubt he - or Gerard - is dwelling on it now.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 20th, 2007 at 05:24pm
Oh-So Intricate.:
I used to not have a lot of respect for Bert. Now I do after seeing Berth and I think he's amazingly talented. I feel bad because he lost his girlfriend AND his unborn child. He deserves some respect.
Losing somebody doesn't merit respect in the sense of admiration. But I respect his loss and I'm sorry for it.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 20th, 2007 at 05:27pm
Bess:
heartache to sing:
Yeah! Pretty much all Bert does now is bash Gerard, but Gerard/MCR, but Gerard hasn't said ONE bad thing about Bert. Don't you just love him even more?

Bert doesn't bash them. He's bashed them what, once? And that was it. The last time he mentioned MCR, he said that he wished them all the best.

Why do people keep making out that Bert is slating MCR at like every opportunity? He DOESN'T.
He bashed them once(supposedly once, I bet more). And he did it in a widely magazine. How many times has MCR bashed The Used? None.
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 20th, 2007 at 05:29pm
^ HE IS A HUMAN BEING.

All people who live, breathe and exist in this world slate or bitch at some point in or another. Just because Bert McCracken can be a tactless bastard and is more upfront about certain things than others, DOESN'T mean he is a bad person. Again, he has made mistakes and just because YOU haven't heard MCR 'bashing' the Used doesn't mean they haven't.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 20th, 2007 at 06:06pm
heartache to sing:
Give Them Blood:

I didn't say that. I said they both don't bash eachother. Which is what I like.

Hmm? You said that Bert is talking shit about Gerard.

I said one time at a show. I haven't heard him say anything else about them. Yeah, what Bert did was messed up but I don't disrespect him any less. He's going through a hard time and people make mistakes. It's not like he's plotting Gerard's death or anything. He's not spreading shit about him.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 20th, 2007 at 06:09pm
Gerard/MCR isn't exaclty innocent themselves. Who're the ones who wrote a song about Bert/The Used first? My Chem/Gerard originally did it with Disenchanted.

Bert is NOT slagging them in every interview. Interviewers egg him on until he does. It makes for good stories, and that's what magazines want so people will buy them. Bert is probably drunk in the interviews half the time anyway. I don't think he really knows what he's saying until he's said it, and by then it's too late.

I love Bert a lot and I still respect him a lot and I don't like people bashing him for no reason.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 20th, 2007 at 06:11pm
why are we laughing?:
Gerard/MCR isn't exaclty innocent themselves. Who're the ones who wrote a song about Bert/The Used first? My Chem/Gerard originally did it with Disenchanted.

Bert is NOT slagging them in every interview. The interviewer eggs him on until he does.

Was this directed at me?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 20th, 2007 at 06:12pm
No, it was directed towards the people bitching about him a lot.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 20th, 2007 at 06:14pm
why are we laughing?:
No, it was directed towards the people bitching about him a lot.

Oh alright sorry for spamming. (If that was even spam)

But anyway, people need to fuck off Bert. It makes me really pissed off. And why are we laughing is right. MCR haven't been saints. I'm not saying they're bad people. I'm not taking sides. But you can't go against Bert because of a mistake he made. Once.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 20th, 2007 at 07:37pm
i would have to side with mcr...various reasons....
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
March 21st, 2007 at 07:56am
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
He bashed them once(supposedly once, I bet more). And he did it in a widely magazine. How many times has MCR bashed The Used? None.

That's what I said - he bashed them once.
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
March 21st, 2007 at 12:25pm
MCR probably did bash about The Used, but none of would now any different. MCR could say horrible things about The Used all the time on the tour bus. Its just because MCR don't speak publically about the fall out. Bert is not the bad guy. Both bands are as bad as eachother.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 21st, 2007 at 03:11pm
blue horizon.:
^ HE IS A HUMAN BEING.

All people who live, breathe and exist in this world slate or bitch at some point in or another. Just because Bert McCracken can be a tactless bastard and is more upfront about certain things than others, DOESN'T mean he is a bad person. Again, he has made mistakes and just because YOU haven't heard MCR 'bashing' the Used doesn't mean they haven't.
Well, at least THEY have the decency not to take it out in public.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 21st, 2007 at 03:13pm
Bess:
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:

That's what I said - he bashed them once.
And how many times did MCR bash Bert? Zero.
The Asshole Score
MCR- 0
Bert- 1
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 21st, 2007 at 03:18pm
why are we laughing?:

Bert is NOT slagging them in every interview. Interviewers egg him on until he does. It makes for good stories, and that's what magazines want so people will buy them. Bert is probably drunk in the interviews half the time anyway. I don't think he really knows what he's saying until he's said it, and by then it's too late.

I love Bert a lot and I still respect him a lot and I don't like people bashing him for no reason.

Again.