Don't have an account? Create one!

Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
crooked smile.
Shotgun Sinner
crooked smile.
February 14th, 2007 at 04:50pm
For me, it's pretty much what many other people said..

I lost a lot of respect for Bert after reading what he said about MCR and his problems with them.
I love The Used, but he really needs to stop talking crap...
He didn't handle what happened very well. Especially that whole thing with the megaphone...
I don't hate Bert. I just don't like how he handled the fallout with Gerard.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
February 14th, 2007 at 06:48pm
Bert has problems, he's been through so much crap. He probably doesn't have the best judgment of people. I think everyone should take everything he says with a LARGE pinch of salt.

I still love Bert.
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
February 14th, 2007 at 07:54pm
why does bert have to hate mcr?
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
February 15th, 2007 at 07:42am
I listen to The Used.
But i don't like Bert.
I don't hate him either.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
February 15th, 2007 at 10:05am
*Coughs*

The Used are joined by 30 Seconds to Mars, Senses Fail, Saosin, Chiodos, Aiden and Evaline on this year's tour. They previously headlined with fellow emo band My Chemical Romance, whom The Used have been rumored to have been feuding with because of disagreements about using a cover of Queen's "Under Pressure" on The Used's 2005 album In Love and Death.

The Used singer Bert McCracken and My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way recorded the track together, but despite speculation about a conflict, Howard said the beef has been created by the media.

"It's weird drama that's kind of been only brought up by reporters and press to make it look worse than it really is," Howard said. "It's really nothing."
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
February 15th, 2007 at 11:04am
I don't like The Used and I don't like Bert, so the immature way he deals with his dislike for My Chem and Gerard specifically, only make me dislike him more. He needs to get over it. Gerard and the rest of the guys don't go around talking trash about and his band, because they have more respect and maturity than that. Bert should take note....
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 15th, 2007 at 11:37am
OK not to sound like a total bitch but I think Bert can say whatever he wants and I still won't lose a single inch of respect for him because someday it's going to bite him in the ass and he's going to regret it. And for all we know they could be on here (MCR and The Used) Pointing and laughing about how much we think they hate each other when secretly they could be the bestest of friends and stuff

I just think people need to stop blaming Bert for every thing and for him ruining everything with the friendship with MCR because he does say some nice things about them like wishing them the best of luck and saying I hope he(Gerard) has the time of his life or something like that in this magazine I read.

I'm saying that Bert is nice and stuff and sometimes he's a asshole it just probably because soo many people ask him about it wouldn't you? Being pestered about this situaltion all the time by reporters because I sure would.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 15th, 2007 at 11:38am
^^ thank you. I agree.
tornpantyhose
Killjoy
tornpantyhose
February 15th, 2007 at 11:43am
First of all, I adore Bert (because lets face it, his drunken fits are funny) but he's incredibly immature. That's not going to stop me from liking his music. What happened between Bert and MCR is between Bert and MCR. Unless you were there to see it, how can you know what really happened? It could come down to MCR growing as people, and Bert staying the same drunken/high/immature idiot he's always been. But lets face it, that works for Bert. Would anyone believe him if he sobered up and started behaving responsibly? That's just not who he is. I think, in all honesty, it comes down to friends just kind of drifting apart, and while MCR have accepted this and moved on, Bert is angry that it happened and is throwing a temper tantrum about it.

Once again, I hope it comes across clearly that I don't choose sides in this. I understand and respect everyone involved.

I don't think anyone should let their failed friendship keep them from loving a great band. That's rediculous. Its like saying "OMG, Gerard cut his hair! I can never listen to his music again!" What's the sense in that?
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 15th, 2007 at 11:43am
Yes finally someone agrees with me I tried to explain this to so many people and they didn't get it

Thank You!
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 15th, 2007 at 11:45am
Yeah even if Bert sobered up it wouldn't be him you know because it wouldn't like feel like he was totaly there
tornpantyhose
Killjoy
tornpantyhose
February 15th, 2007 at 11:48am
I think that that character is who Bert has to be to make his music and cut his niche in the music scene.

It doesn't always work for everyone (eg - Gerard) but somehow Bert makes it endearing.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
February 15th, 2007 at 04:37pm
I love Bert, I think he has a right to his own opinion, and if he wanted to voice it, he should be able to.
But that's the only time ive ever actually seen Bert "talk shit" about MCR.
So im not exactly sure why most people here thinks he needs to shut up and get over it when really, he avoids talking about it to the press.
Then again, this is an MCR messageboard, so most of the users are biased.
But still, I love Bert, I dont think he needs to get over it, and I dont think its really as big as its made out to be.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
February 15th, 2007 at 05:57pm
I don't know what the HELL is going on between MCR and Bert, but they better sort it out.
AnyWAY, I've lost all of my respect for Bert. It's GONE...
+I’m a retard and you should fear me+
My Chemical Romance April 9 th 2007 & June 2007
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
February 15th, 2007 at 05:59pm
Bert is amazing. End of.
I just watched Berth and the guy is amazing.
He spoke about losing his girlfriend and unborn child.
Maybe people should remember that when they decide to slate him.
I think the guy has a right to be a little messed up, don't you?
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
February 15th, 2007 at 06:15pm
yes the guy is a bit messed up
but that's still not an excuse for the way he has been acting towards MCR
they have nothing to do with his girlfriend or unborn child.

it's kinda like when a serial killer gets free because he had a lousy childhood or something, okay that sounded weird..

everyone goes through tough shit, and bert has been through alot, i know that.
but hasn't gerard for example struggled with alot all his life? did he trash other bands because of that? no
bert did, and that makes him immature and childish, and that made me lose respect for him..shitty past or not
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 15th, 2007 at 07:32pm
Yes I'm sure we all know that doesn't excuse him from talking shit but do you relize how much pain that puts a person?

Losing a family or friends or lovers in this case make you do stuff you wouldn't do because you can get the memories of what you did together out of you mind. i shoud know how he feels Ive lost alot of my friends to cancer and suicides and I know he feels like because it just shocks you because you can't believe they're gone. I couldn't come out of my room when my 14 year old friend die of cancer. So Bert dose have a reason to be alittle of in his head.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 15th, 2007 at 07:48pm
Bert is just jealous that he hasn't blown up like MCR and that Gerad didn't need him once he sobered up. And he's so dirty looking...I wish Gerard would find a new (kissing) buddy who's cuter. teehee
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
February 15th, 2007 at 07:53pm
yes i do know how stuff like that affects people
and yes it's understandable it didn't make bert a very stable person
but.it's.still.not.an.excuse.

i just don't get what berts past has to do with what he said about MCR
they are just to completly different things
and i jus tthink it's wrong to be all...awww poor bert, well if he has dealed with shit in his life he can go round and trash people. it just doesn't make sense
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 15th, 2007 at 09:48pm
And you know sometimes it's not just Bert that says stuff about MCR Quinn said something so you can't just pin point it on Bert.

And just because Bert is scuzzy and stuff doesn't mean Gerard would throw him to the side. And do you relize that The Used is coming out with a new record in April and I hope that it blows up more than MCR's The Black Parade because I wanna see what Gerard has to say about that and just like that article Gerard will wish he would have wrote "Pretty Handsome Awkward"