Don't have an account? Create one!

Bass

AuthorMessage
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
April 3rd, 2008 at 03:22am
I've been playing for about 4 years now. Smile
Old, old Green Day stuff is fun to play. More specifically, No One Knows and Longview.

Any double bass/standup bass/whatever name you want to give it players here? It's fun to play, but it gets kind of annoying when people are like, "WHOA DOOD, WHAT'S THAT GIANT VIOLIN THING?!!1!1!!!!1" Haha. Rolling Eyes
BlackRoseDying
Fabulous Killjoy
BlackRoseDying
April 9th, 2008 at 08:23am
i can play the songs
'Teenagers'
'I'm not Okay (i promise)'
and 'Vampires Will Never Hurt You'

i can also play a bunch of other things from Good Charlotte, Atreyu, Kill Hannah, Paramore, Sum 41, and many more Dance
Chapstique
Jazz Hands
Chapstique
April 13th, 2008 at 08:52pm
<3

I've been learning since Christmas
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 15th, 2008 at 10:58pm
I've always wondered, what is harder? Guitar or bass?
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
April 17th, 2008 at 05:48am
Roar of the Crowd:
Well it depends how you actually play them.
They both can be easier than each other but it depends what style you are trying to play...

I need to find 4 good songs that i can use as a bass solo performance for school... help would be appreciated
KidEmery
Killjoy
KidEmery
April 18th, 2008 at 02:48pm
Ohh I always loved guitar and got one for my 16th birthday but then when my little sister got a bass I just fell in love with it. For me it’s SO much easier to play, like somehow it just comes to me…now I’m trying to save to buy a full sale for myself so I won’t have to always steal hers lol

I love Bass though, it's like you have the beat in you from the drums and it just flows out ^_^
Spomincica
Killjoy
Spomincica
April 19th, 2008 at 10:59am
Well, I'm gonna start playing now, and I just wanna know... What's the difference between 4&5 string bass?
Which is better?
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 19th, 2008 at 03:44pm
Spomincica:
Well, I'm gonna start playing now, and I just wanna know... What's the difference between 4&5 string bass?
Which is better?

The difference is the extra string, for a beginner, it's better to start with 4 strings, this the the most common and easiest way to play. The extra string allows for more varying octaves and notes, but is harder to play.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
April 21st, 2008 at 05:28pm
I wish I could play bass ...
I plan to take lessons, someday.
But for now, I just envy all of you who can play. Keep rockin'! Cool
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
April 26th, 2008 at 10:22pm
I've had four/five-ish bass lessons. My teacher taught me how to play half of I'm Not Okay in my first lesson. Now I can play the whole thing. I'm learning to read at the moment and also kind of learning Welcome To The Black Parade. I still need to buy a bass though.
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
April 29th, 2008 at 08:58am
Simple and Clean:

The difference is the extra string, for a beginner, it's better to start with 4 strings, this the the most common and easiest way to play. The extra string allows for more varying octaves and notes, but is harder to play.

Personally I think that five string is really easy. learned on a five string and I didnt really find a problom but maybe Im just weird XD
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
April 29th, 2008 at 11:04pm
i spose its just which ever way you find easiest
El Cindy
Killjoy
El Cindy
May 15th, 2008 at 09:08pm
Rachel!:
I've been playing for about 4 years now. Smile
Old, old Green Day stuff is fun to play. More specifically, No One Knows and Longview.

Any double bass/standup bass/whatever name you want to give it players here? It's fun to play, but it gets kind of annoying when people are like, "WHOA DOOD, WHAT'S THAT GIANT VIOLIN THING?!!1!1!!!!1" Haha. Rolling Eyes

I totally agree. I've been playing double bass for 5 years now, and all my relatives still think i play the cello (even though i correct them every time).
FadeToBlack?
Killjoy
FadeToBlack?
May 19th, 2008 at 08:50pm
woah,I want to play the Bass...but I dont have any Bass O_o
I love it
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
May 20th, 2008 at 09:16am
Well, technically I'm the lead guitar player in my band, I write all the bass parts for our songs, so I guess I do play the bass, but like I don't even have one. But, I'm pretty good at it, as people say that I'm pretty good at guitar.
I'm better than the actual bassist in my band (she's a beginner).
Hopefully she'll get better, she's been playing for 5 months, and she's better than Pete Wentz (though, that's not really much of a feat.)
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
May 22nd, 2008 at 05:14pm
I've taken to playing the guitar parts of songs on my bass. Like for MCR, I like to record myself playing Frankie's part, and Ray's part and Mikey's part all on bass (not at the same time though....dude that would be some talent XD!) It makes me laugh to play them all back at the same time.
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:36am
Its Ben..Bitch.:

Bass is physically more taxing and guitar is more technically taxing.

You need stamina to play bass, not that I'm saying you don't for guitar but you work alot harder to play bass. You're the least recognised of a band, however you're the part of the backbone of the song and you work your arse off.
Spiritual Adviser .
Joining The Black Parade
Spiritual Adviser .
May 24th, 2008 at 06:06pm
I want to learn to play bass, but I'm really scared of be a disaster T.T, i'm a good for nothing, so I don't know. I was thinking about start now, and if i like it, i'll tell santa claus to bring me one (:
What do you think?
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
May 25th, 2008 at 01:54am
My friend taught me how to read tabs yesterday and now I'm hooked. I started on some of the easier MCR songs, and APPARENTLY i'm good at it, but it was hard!

So I'm looking for a bass (but I have to save up!)
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
May 30th, 2008 at 12:28pm
Really n00by question to ask...

Are the strings on a bass guitar the same as on a cello?
Like named?