Bass

AuthorMessage
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
December 11th, 2007 at 03:53am
I play bass Smile
Mikeys bass lines are mostly easy.
My favourite to play at the moment is teenagers as it sounds impressive when infact it is quite simple

Page Claim: HAIL MIKEY THE GOD OF BASS
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
December 11th, 2007 at 04:15am
There is a misconception that bass is way easy to learn and is always very simple.. that depends on how you intend to play the bass. For example in My Chemical Romance the bass usually is just in the background playing the same notes as the rhythm guitar where as in Red Hot Chili Peppers the bass is more complicated as it is the backbone of the song and can not rely on a rhythm guitar

To be a good bassist you need to have good rhythm and finger movement and flexibility to use the correct finger positions so you do not damage your hand. To get good you need the practice a lot to help you make smooth transitions between notes and it also helps if you know a bit of guitar first.
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
December 12th, 2007 at 11:36am
i've just bought my first bass Tehe

click
it's a Benson,
just a beginners one =]
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
December 12th, 2007 at 03:32pm
Synyster Gates:
i've just bought my first bass Tehe

click
it's a Benson,
just a beginners one =]

ooooh that is so cool. I really like the style of it...
I hope you enjoy learning it

i just brought myself this
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
December 17th, 2007 at 09:37pm
its purple =D
my name is tristan.
Salute You in Your Grave
my name is tristan.
December 31st, 2007 at 06:21pm
I have a Squier Jazz bass, he's my baby. I'm currently learning Out Through The Curtain by The Hush Sound, it's a pretty good song for a beginner. I never thought it'd hurt this much to play bass though!
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
December 31st, 2007 at 09:04pm
^Ah, just wait untill the ends of your fingers turn hard and the skin goes thick!
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
January 1st, 2008 at 08:49pm
Simple and Clean:
^Ah, just wait untill the ends of your fingers turn hard and the skin goes thick!
Yeah that is always fun =D
Jet Star
Bleeding on the Floor
Jet Star
January 8th, 2008 at 01:08pm
i have realyy sore fingers from playing it for 3 hours
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
January 10th, 2008 at 11:42am
I'm going to guitar center this weekend to check out basses, which ones should I look at?
I'm looking for a good one... but not like 1,000 dollars... more around like 500.
imMATURE
Killjoy
imMATURE
January 22nd, 2008 at 03:56pm
Im Bass Player In My Band.. But Im Actaully Reallyyyy Crap At It :\ I Need To Learn It Better. Any Good Tips For Getting Better At Bass?

Laurenn xo
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
January 22nd, 2008 at 03:58pm
HeadfirstForHalos_x:
Im Bass Player In My Band.. But Im Actaully Reallyyyy Crap At It :\ I Need To Learn It Better. Any Good Tips For Getting Better At Bass?

Laurenn xo

practice. lots.
there's really no other way.
imMATURE
Killjoy
imMATURE
January 22nd, 2008 at 04:04pm
collateral damage.:
HeadfirstForHalos_x:

Laurenn xo

practice. lots.
there's really no other way.

S'pose I Should Practice More Than I Do... Even Though I Parctice Alot. Ive Been Trying To Learn Vampires But Im Finding It Hard B'cos I Get Stopped Al The Time :\

Laurenn xo

P.S - I Love The Song In Your Signature Very Happy xo
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
January 23rd, 2008 at 11:52am
I play guitar.
I really want to learn how to play the bass.
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
January 24th, 2008 at 05:43am
I haveing some trouble guys.
I really wanna give some Oval Portraits a go on bass but I can find any tabs for the bass anywhere!
I really don't have the time to search the further most darkest secrets of the internet so could someone post me some links guys!
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
January 28th, 2008 at 08:20am
Anyone guys no one...no?
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
January 30th, 2008 at 02:04pm
Anyone know how to play Pretty Handsome Awkward by The Used? It's really quite simple, (harder than MCR), you need to know hammer ons and pull offs and have quite good speed and co-ordination. And fun. I recommend all The Used fans learn that song. It's good if you have trouble playing to the drums.
iPod junkie
Killjoy
iPod junkie
January 31st, 2008 at 07:19pm
I'm learning. Let me tell you, Cemetery Drive was hard. What type of bass do you have?
iPod junkie
Killjoy
iPod junkie
January 31st, 2008 at 07:20pm
Mikey-ness:
I play bass Smile
Mikeys bass lines are mostly easy.
My favourite to play at the moment is teenagers as it sounds impressive when infact it is quite simple

Page Claim: HAIL MIKEY THE GOD OF BASS

Here, here!!!!
AnKoR.1.08
Killjoy
AnKoR.1.08
February 8th, 2008 at 12:14pm
arrrrrr.... I am sooo jealous of everyone here... for those of you that are under 18... lucky your parents will let you... ugh I bought a bass last month. it wasn't terribly nice, it was really cheap in fact. I bought it from on of my cousin's friends for $75. well He dropped it off at my cousin's house, and needed to break it to my mom that I had done something independant of her, not something she had told me I couldn't do, but something she didn't think would be terribly smart. So I told her. She immediatly called my aunt and told her to sell the bass. to put it on ebay or something. My uncle bought it from me.
this is all very Ironic because last year she bought my brother a cheap piano because he wanted to learn... and the year before that she bought him a violin because he wanted to learn... and a few years before that, she bought him a guitar because he wanted to learn... he never learned to play the violin or guitar, bur for now he is playing piano...

Oh btw she based her decision to sell my bass on the fact that when i was four she bought me a ukulele-sized guitar and tryed to force me to learn it, which I grew bored of and it now sits on a shelf gathering dust.