Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:40am
I think that it's wrong. it's illegal, and just plain wrong.
alchohol is a useless substance created by two scientists who should have been greedy and kept the recipe for themselves. if ever i was for greed, that would have been it.
PAPERHEART
Killjoy
PAPERHEART
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:18pm
What do you think about underage drinking?
I think its up to people what they want to do with theryre life , but ive seen what it can do and how scary the effects can be.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?
Because theyre not suposed to , and because it seems like an easy way out of problems.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?
Its not that expensive , and shop keepers really dont care who they sell to as long as they make a profit.
Ice-Cold Flames
Killjoy
Ice-Cold Flames
May 23rd, 2007 at 03:15pm
i'm 13 (NEARLY 14, like 2 months) and i've tried alcohol a few times and a bunch of my friends have drunk some too but NONE of us have been truely drunk, i don't like the taste of alcohol (probably change in a couple of years) and most of my friends' parents (including mine) are quite strict about it, i don't know any one that has been properly drunk but there are some in my class that smoke! but that's going of topic so i think constant underage drinking is bad but a few drinks at parties once every couple of months is ok
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:58pm
i think what causes underage drinking is kids want to fit in and be 'cool', since they see others doing it. i just am totally against it, the effects on alcohol on younger kids can be worse than on adults.
Cover Me In Gasoline
Really Not Okay
Cover Me In Gasoline
May 24th, 2007 at 12:14pm
Yes, kids bodies aren't as developed as adults and they can't handle it aswel. Like I said before, a lot of the people I know do it to rebel.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 25th, 2007 at 01:17am
i don't have any idea what it feels like to be drunk, i wonder why people like to drink alcohol, i tasted it once and it tasted terrible.

Underage drinking is totally wrong, kids should wait until they're old enough. some kids are just doing that to imitate the ppl who are labeled 'cool'.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
May 25th, 2007 at 11:08am
underage drinking is totally wrong because well the age that is said to be suitiable to be drinking alchohol is 21.which is really good because
a)kids get influenced to drink
b)kids try to be cool or try to fit in a group
c)its bad for your health if your underage
and in some cases kids drink because they see there role model/idol or who ever they look up to drink.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
May 26th, 2007 at 11:50am
there is alot of protests against underage drinking here. i feel obliged to defend it so i don't feel like i am totally outnumbered.

i see no reason why kids hould not be able to drink. when i say kids i mean those responsible young people who know what they are doing. and even if they are not i think everyone needs to get drunk at least once in their life so as to see what it feels like. surely it is better to do that when you are younger and with friends and you have a limited supply (because it is sneaked out of the cupboard) so you cannot get paralitic and the worst consequence you can look forward to is a headache and a severe telling off from your parents? it is a stage alot of people go through.

and if i am honest i enjoy getting drunk with my friends and boyfriend. i find it fun. i never drink till i am completely wasted, i just enjoy myself. and i genuinly like the taste of alcohol aswell. and i am certainly not going to let anyone make me feel bad about that because that is the way my life is and i enjoy it.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 26th, 2007 at 12:13pm
^Agreed.
I don't drink, but I don't see why the drinking age shouldn't be lowered to 18 like in the UK / Ireland (I don't know about other countries, but I believe quite a few of them have similar age limits). Of course there's still going to be underage drinking going on, but if an eighteen year-old is mature enough to vote, have their full license (you only get your full license in NJ when your 18; I know it's younger other places), sign contracts, and join the military, then they are certainly old enough to have a beer at a bar.

Also I think lowering the drinking age would lessen thinks like alcohol poisoning and drunk driving. For the most part (with your average suburban teens), drinking in high school is with fairly limited quantities of alcohol and around friends (not to mention adults; you can't get too drunk or your parents would find out). In college (after a person's eighteen), alcohol is much more widely available and parents aren't around to hear you stumble home. But because they can't legally buy drinks at a club/bar, a lot of kids will binge drink in their dorms before heading out, and end up in unfortunate situations.
scissor.fuck.cunt.
Banned
scissor.fuck.cunt.
May 26th, 2007 at 02:51pm
i've been drinking for a while now and i don't see y ppl make such a big deal about it. We all have our opinions, mine is juss that drinking should be lowered to 18 here. Im turning 18 next year and i'll be out of school and responsible for myself..... i drink responsibily so y can't the legal age be 18?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 26th, 2007 at 07:20pm
i know a girl who was killed because she was with some friends that were drinking, she got pissed at them so she left, only the person driving was drunk and got in an accident. the girl was killed and the driver is going to jail. well the girl wasn't wearing her seat belt but piont is that we hear about storyies like this and thnk,"oh well thats sad but it'll never happen to me." so they do it. why do you think so many kids talk to strangers online? they know its dangerous but it can be fun, pass time and you get to be whoever you want to be.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
May 26th, 2007 at 10:40pm
I agree with nossyeatsmeat...

I don't think there is a problem with underage drinking. As long as no one is driving or publicly intoxicated, I think it's fine.
A big reason is escapism, but its the same reason many adults drink. Alcohol is used as an escape for ALMOST every drinker.
I don't think the government should do anything to reduce the amount of people drinking. They should just provide better services and security to prevent drinking and driving.
Alcohol is obtained through theft and bootlegging. It's everywhere. It isn't hard to get...
thtsmrsway2Ubetch!
Joining The Black Parade
thtsmrsway2Ubetch!
May 26th, 2007 at 10:42pm
i think underaged drinking is dispicable and i think its terrible for children or younger teens even being exposed to this.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
May 27th, 2007 at 03:15am
thtsmrsway2Ubetch!:
i think underaged drinking is dispicable and i think its terrible for children or younger teens even being exposed to this.

Thats wonderful.

Why?
jackisback
Killjoy
jackisback
May 27th, 2007 at 05:45am
na i drink when i can which is a lot but i have never been completly drunk basically because my parents would kill me.

But i drink because it is fun and it tastes great!

Not peer pressure or stress or any of that bull.

I do it cause its fun and nice!

Its only bad if you are stupid enough to get completely wasted and do stupid things!

And im trying to avoid this.

And i dont bloody steal it either! Im not a criminal!
Cover Me In Gasoline
Really Not Okay
Cover Me In Gasoline
May 27th, 2007 at 12:43pm
The goverment do know that a lot of teens drink. There was a statement in the local newspaper a while back said: '1 in 5 people between 11 and 16 go out and drink over the weekend! This was a newspaper and England.
One or two glasses isn't that bad every now and again, I think, is okay but when it comes to all the time is a bit unresponsible.
brad_theking57
Killjoy
brad_theking57
May 28th, 2007 at 10:02am
if you do it on your own time and dont let it mess up other things your okay
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE that is the only dumb thing you can do
rock_is_dead
Fabulous Killjoy
rock_is_dead
May 28th, 2007 at 08:04pm
Hey alot of underage people drink just like adults; some do it to get away from thier problems and other's for recreatinoal uses. But I think it's not wise for kids to drink. I've seen alot of my friends drunk and thier pretty stupid that way, but If you can control your drinking and be responsible than I could tolerate someone that did.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
May 29th, 2007 at 04:23pm
Underage drinking is never going to stop. No matter the law says. I don't drink
but my friends are able to get alcohol pretty easily.
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
May 30th, 2007 at 09:33am
if you underage chances are your body can't hadle excessive amounts of achohol
drinking too often can and will affect your growth and development which can be vital to your health

Im not saying underage drinking is wrong in some cases
but in a lot of cases there is no need
destroying your body for know reason is really quite stupid

im not sure about in other areas
, but where i live and in my school
i KNOW that almost all of my grade drink, and get drunk quite often
some people every week

im lucky i think my group is the only group (girls at least) who don't drink
and even then some of my friends still go get drunk
what is this?
its like you can't have fun anymore without alcohol

im seriously considering deleting this post as its like midnight and im not making any sense

as a final note

there's a reason why underage drinking is illegal
don't drink and drive kiddies