Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 17th, 2007 at 12:48am
^ who's really to say whats right and whats wrong?
Black Autumn
Killjoy
Black Autumn
June 19th, 2007 at 04:37pm
I drink underage but I know now that I'm not going to wind up as an alcoholic, I'll never let myself get that way ever.

I think that if you drink whilst your young [ your parents let you etc ] you won't wind up having problems with alcohol later in life because alcoholics are usually young adults who wern't allowed to drink alcohol as a kid and are now rebelling.

I think that all makes sense :S
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 19th, 2007 at 04:44pm
^No one wants to be an alcoholic. It's not something you have control over, or see coming; it just happens.
And actually the majority of alcoholics begin drinking before the age of 15.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 19th, 2007 at 05:10pm
^isn't that because they just get so addicted because their young body grows kind of dependant on it?
Steal Corpses!!
Really Not Okay
Steal Corpses!!
June 20th, 2007 at 02:58am
I drink occasionally
And im only 12
But not on aregular basis
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 21st, 2007 at 08:42pm
i've had beer before, i kinda liked it, but i can't get my hands on it, i know i'd be addicted so...
JerkFace
Jazz Hands
JerkFace
June 21st, 2007 at 11:32pm
personally, i think underage drinking is completely horrible. 21 is the legal age for a reason. the government didn't just pick it because it happened to be one of the supreme court members lucky number. you are [[mostareanyways]] more mature when you are 21, and have lived longer than someone per say 13, and know when to drink and how much is enough. [iftheychoosethatis]]

i myself have drank, and yes i am underage. but that's why i say this. i don't want anyone reading this to take it offensively if they are underage and they do happen to drink. but it's a bad decision to make. i honestly wish that i never took that first sip. that's what made my life begin to spiral down. it doesn't just end at that one sip. so at least wait till you are old enough to decide if you are ready for the reciprocations[ifthat'stherightword]
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 22nd, 2007 at 01:58am
^well yeah that's the reason why, but kids are going to experiment, i mean we want to just see if we could get away with it or what will happen, like i heard most car accidents aren't accidental, it's someone wonder,"okay what if i do this, what will happen?"
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
June 22nd, 2007 at 04:29am
it doesnt bother me when people at school drink to like experiment or whatever but what pisses me off is when they do just to be 'cool'. i think its a sign of weakness and low self esteem if you have to be off your face for people to like you.
and then they post pictures of themselves on myspace holding a beer bottle and then writing underneath 'lyk omgz i wuz sooo drunk! LOL im so kewllll'.

but yeah, im sXe so i dont drink or do drugs. ever.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 22nd, 2007 at 11:25pm
^ agreed, i can't understand about what's so cool about puking your guts out over some very foul tasting shit, no offence to anyone
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 24th, 2007 at 11:50pm
everyone always says enjoy your youth cause it will be over soon, then why would you want to spend it wasted? just a thought
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
July 3rd, 2007 at 12:15am
i only try sips of alcohol when my parents let me
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
July 3rd, 2007 at 09:25am
erm. i don't understand why the legal drinking age is 21 over in US.

most countries have it at 18, and even then, we're drinking before that.

i like drinking.

i think underage-drinking is fine as long as you know how to control yourself, and not do it excessively, like what i did once.

getting drunk is horrible. you puke. and you embarass the hell out of yourself.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 3rd, 2007 at 01:13pm
Im 14. And I drink all the time. It doesn't mean I'm an alcaholic, you know?

When I say I drink all the time, I don't mean I actually get DRUNK.
I get tipsy and stumble a little, but it's not to a point where I'm unconcious on the floor. Im saving that for when I'm 18! Haha..I'm just kidding.

You see teenagers on the TV, ALL the time, and they're 'pissed outta their heads', on the floor, puking, and It's giving some of us, a seriously bad reputation. A lot of grown adults look down on us, because they've seen teens getting ASBO's and thinking, "Oh, so they are all like that!"

I enjoy drinking. But I don't drink often. When I do I make the most of it and have fun, but I'm still underage so I don't get DRUNK.

I don't know if I'm making sense, but whatever.
Carpe Noctum
Jazz Hands
Carpe Noctum
July 3rd, 2007 at 01:34pm
the first time i got drunk wat at 15...but my dad had given me small amounts of beer since the age of 4 (seriously)
when i first got drunk at a christmas party, i passed out in a toilet, threw up at a table for an hour straight and dropped onto a load of smashed glasses.

it was horrid BUT i was surrounded by my big bro and sis...it taught me a lesson.

now i drink and get kinda tipsy about every 3 weeks or so with my mates at my house with my mum upstairs.

the excitement is gone and i don't want to get drunk Very Happy

i say underage drinking, as long as its in a safe enviroment and its supervised is good for a kid, because you realise how nasty it actually is

(essay over)
sonia say's what!?
Killjoy
sonia say's what!?
July 11th, 2007 at 07:42pm
i am a high school student who refuses to drink until i am 21, underage drinking bothers me. they put an age limit for a reason and really its because people under 21 seriously cant handle theirselves... theyre a total wreck when they drink.
they vomit everywhere and they go in corners and just cry their heads off.
its pathetic .I'll drink but not untill im 21
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
July 11th, 2007 at 08:34pm
staticXsonia:

Not quite.
And people over 21 don't always handle themselves well either.
sonia say's what!?
Killjoy
sonia say's what!?
July 11th, 2007 at 08:40pm
S713:
staticXsonia:

Not quite.
And people over 21 don't always handle themselves well either.
i completley agree its just age sometimes does effects our desicions and they we react should be one of them
rainbow pieces.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rainbow pieces.
July 11th, 2007 at 10:38pm
I think that underage drinking has become a normal occurrence for people. Even though in school we get taught about the effects of drinking, people don't seem to take the serious, maybe its because they think they already know, but pshe is the lesson when everyone mucks around, and nobody listens. I don't personally see the point of drinking, i mean i can have fun without the alcohol, and i feel great the next day to.

At a party i recently went to i was the only person who wasn't drinking, and i did find it quite awkward, as i felt everyone was thinking that i was weird for not drinking. So it is very easy to give in to peer pressure, and just think well they are, so why can't i?

Alcohol is very easy for teens to get hold off, at a party i went to when i was 15, the girls mum was a nurse, yet when we turned up she said help yourself to drinks, all alcoholic except for coke; surely she most know about the underage drinking problem, but she was still giving kids alcohol.

I'm not sure what the government should do to reduce the amount of underage drinkers, but whatever they do they will never completely get rid of the problem.
SecretInUrThroat
Killjoy
SecretInUrThroat
July 11th, 2007 at 10:50pm
i dont think teen drinking is a problem unless its abused. personally i drink from time to time and i have no problem. after ur first hangover and puking fit u realize ur boundaries and u dont press them. isnt it better to sneak a little bit to c wat its like instead of getting dead drunk on ur 21 birthday and getting raped or sumthing like that? anyways alcohol is not the problem the problem is pples lack of self restraint...alcohol like anything can b abused...i understand that sum pple can help getting addicted but thats y theres rehab. pple can become addicted to ANYTHING tylonal, coffee, chocolate,alcohol. the problem is that sum teenagers think its cool to get drunk and they lack self restraint
(does that make sense? my rants always make sense to me )