Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
FuckinDinoRawr
Banned
FuckinDinoRawr
July 13th, 2007 at 04:05pm
I think underage drinking is wrong and of course it's illegal to do so. Mostly, peer pressure and the wanting to be 'cool' and be in the 'in crowd' is the problem for youngins to drink illegaly. I am not in proper age to drink and I will not do so in later life. Drinking causes your brain to slow down and you end up not thinking and doing things that you had no intentions of doing. Why drink illegally when you're going to probably end up doing things that will make the cops come after you?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 14th, 2007 at 07:38am
well, i have to say people say they drink all the time yet aren't alcohlics, sorry to say it, but you kinda are. even if your not getting just wasted your still consuming alcohol,
Sock Cucker.
Shotgun Sinner
Sock Cucker.
July 14th, 2007 at 12:46pm
I dont think underage drinking is a problem. Ive grown up with it my whole life because I live in a small town and honestly I started drinking socially with my friends when I was around 13 years of age. Her mother was buying it for me.
Yet still, even when I am drunk Im one of the most rational people to be around and have NEVER ever done anything that I wouldnt do when Im sober.
Its all about the people who consume it. If you're a wanker when you're sober, then you're a wanker when you're drunk. Simple as that
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 14th, 2007 at 11:17pm
^ i guess that could be it... but still alcohol does mess with your mind some so...
Sock Cucker.
Shotgun Sinner
Sock Cucker.
July 15th, 2007 at 01:40am
Yeah it does, and I cant deny that, but alot of times people do certain things under peer pressure or because they want to be perceived in a certain way, and then when the consequences hit, theyre like "Oh I was drunk"
You cant blame the alcohol for everything, sometimes you have to take responsibility.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 15th, 2007 at 01:47am
^yeah agree, but people ussually don't want to blame themselves
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
July 15th, 2007 at 05:14pm
i think the rules regarding underage drinking should be made stricter.
i'm 15,
and my friends will go out and get hammered every Friday/Saturday.
and they've being doing this for around 2 years.
Now thinking about the damage that will have been caused because of that makes me feel a bit funny.

i believe a perception of 'for a good time, you need alcohol' has been put into the minds of many teenagers,
when really this isn't the case.
And because of this,
a lot of teenagers are being transferred to hospital with Liver Poisoning etc.
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
July 20th, 2007 at 03:59pm
i think that yes as many people have said people do drink to be 'cool' or with the it crowd, social acceptance, whatever

but you know another reason kids drink is for release
sometimes its easier not to think about life when ur just out with ur friends having a good time
a know not many people admit it openly
but i know its a quite large reason for underage drinking
at least in my area
mortifer
Killjoy
mortifer
July 20th, 2007 at 07:47pm
I may be biased, since I don't drink even though I'm legally allowed to do so. But come on, getting hammered at the age of thirteen? That's got to be the stupidest idea ever.

There is a reason why underage drinking is not allowed. It's not just to torment kids. Drinking is not healthy and might even be deadly. Many adults don't know how to drink without overdoing it, so how could children?

I guess it's peer pressure that makes kids drink. I remember it well, it still happens. It's like being a freak if you don't want to get drunk. I did try to fit in at one point, but it didn't work. It never works.

And I think kids have been brainwashed to believe they need alcohol to have fun. When in fact, you'll have twice as much fun without the hangover, spent or lost money / memory / items / whatever.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 20th, 2007 at 07:52pm
mortifer:
Many adults don't know how to drink without overdoing it, so how could children?

I couldn't agree more.
KateConspiracy
Killjoy
KateConspiracy
July 21st, 2007 at 05:45am
I think it's disgusting when kids who dont even have their drivers license's yet are constantly drunk. I have friends who get into alcohol all the time, and i'm usually the one folloeing them around, making sure they don't somehow kill themselves. I admit, yes I have drank before, but not to the point of addiction, and to where i cant control myself at all.
I don't think there's much really that the government can do. It's already illeagal to drink at an age under 21 and kids do get caught by cops; but cops dont catch anyone. The only way to reduce the number of kids that drink is to catch them all, and that will never happen, especially because sometimes getting caught doesn't even stop kids.
It's sad to see friends so drunk that they're making asses of themselves, but its what they get for drinking. Unfortunatly hangovers don't do much to make them learn a lesson.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
July 21st, 2007 at 06:30am
i think it's wrong. it's illegal. it's dangerous. i have friends that drink, and it's annoying because they go around bragging about it because they think it's "cool". I can almost guarantee that half of my "friends" now will all be dead before we graduate high school.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
July 21st, 2007 at 02:38pm
i drink but not beer i only drink wine such as red wine and rice wine and etc. I'm really not alcoholic but sometimes alcohol has properties that relieves stress
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
July 21st, 2007 at 07:04pm
I drink, but very rarely, and I've never been drunk.
I think that it's fine, as long as you're old/responsible enough to know how much is too much, and know when to stop yourself from going overboard.
im.with.the.drummer
Killjoy
im.with.the.drummer
July 22nd, 2007 at 03:39am
I am not trying to be stereotypical but I a think I am right when I say most people who like mcr enough to join this website are probably a bit of a rebel, so if you are trying to be rebellious I would think that not drinking would make you more rebellious. Also, if you are looking for an "escape" there are better ways than to drink, write depressing poetry or something, or write happy poetry, whatever. Gerard Way doesn't drink, he doesn't think it is a good idea, if he did, he wouldn't have stopped. So, bottom line DON'T DRINK IF YOU ARE UNDERAGE!!!
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
July 22nd, 2007 at 04:16am
im.with.the.drummer:
I am not trying to be stereotypical but I a think I am right when I say most people who like mcr enough to join this website are probably a bit of a rebel, so if you are trying to be rebellious I would think that not drinking would make you more rebellious. Also, if you are looking for an "escape" there are better ways than to drink, write depressing poetry or something, or write happy poetry, whatever. Gerard Way doesn't drink, he doesn't think it is a good idea, if he did, he wouldn't have stopped. So, bottom line DON'T DRINK IF YOU ARE UNDERAGE!!!

I drink.
A lot.
Why? The other things didn't work for me.
If they did, I would do them instead.
Do I think it's a good idea? Not at all.
I drink alone and early in the morning so I'm not really the kind teenager thats getting drunk and trying to drive home or doing something stupid out in public.
Am I trying to be rebellious? Hardly.
People drink for more then one reason.
It's not always to be rebellious or just to have fun at a party or to "relax".
Everybody has different reasons for doing things.

Bottom line is underage or not, alcohol in large or even moderate amounts eventually has negative effects.
So drinking when you're of age still doesn't make it any better.
Plasmatic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Plasmatic.
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:18am
Synyster Gates:
i think the rules regarding underage drinking should be made stricter.
i'm 15,
and my friends will go out and get hammered every Friday/Saturday.
and they've being doing this for around 2 years.
Now thinking about the damage that will have been caused because of that makes me feel a bit funny.

i believe a perception of 'for a good time, you need alcohol' has been put into the minds of many teenagers,
when really this isn't the case.
And because of this,
a lot of teenagers are being transferred to hospital with Liver Poisoning etc.

yeah, i fully agree with you there.
i'm tired of at least one of my friends being admitted to hospital for alcohol poisoning every weekend.
it's like it's becoming the norm.
conor oberst.
Bleeding on the Floor
conor oberst.
July 23rd, 2007 at 11:21am
Ha ha I'm doing a short play in my drama class for an assesment on underage drinking its so cheesy but it's still a serius issue.
shell-
Jazz Hands
shell-
July 25th, 2007 at 01:53am
im 17 well just turned when i was 14-16 i would (still do) get hamered nearly every friday/saturday night. But it is a good way to have a laugh and forget about your troubles/stressful week dont get me wrong im not saying you cant do that when your not drinking but its much easier. But now i do know my limits after spending a few nights with my head down a toilet. =p I think tenagers drinking can be ok to an extent not to the way of getting drunk but just a few should be allowed.
mcr_grl296
Killjoy
mcr_grl296
July 27th, 2007 at 03:16am
i dont drink major but i do drink wine, margiritas, smirnoff, and lots of lite stuff. i hate the tase of beer though. i think its if u can tell wen enough is enough. i dont drink to get drunk and i dont drink more than 2 glasses. i only drink on special occasions. 10 or 11 times a year.