Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
deathwish
Fabulous Killjoy
deathwish
June 5th, 2007 at 06:02pm
What do you think about underage drinking?
I think that some kids go too far like i know kids who get completely wasted every night, thats not healthy nor safe. However if an adult [over 21] does the same thing its still just as bad the only difference is that they cant go to jail for it unless the are driving. But i cant be one to say anything because i drink, i dont drink a lot and when i do i am with people who i know have my back and would help me if something goes wrong.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?
I think its kind of a social thing like "everyone else does so i should too" or to look "cool". I dont do it to look cool or anything, i just do because i want to.

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?
i honestly believe that they cant really change it kids and adults are still gonna drink no matter what the gov. says

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?

If you mean teen wise, i know a lot of parents who buy it for their kids, mine dont, but a lot do in my town thats really how i get it from friends parents or friends who have brothers or sisters over 21.
xa shot to rememberx
Killjoy
xa shot to rememberx
June 5th, 2007 at 06:38pm
I'm straightedge so I don't drink. I live in a small town so most of my friends drink because there isn't much to do.
I think even little things like removing bilboards advertising alcoholic beverages would help. Kids think they're so cool drinking but theyre not.
But look at Gerard, when he was really messed up, even his bandmates found it hard to respect him. And now that he's cleaned up, he has a lot of respect. I think people should think that a lot of things could happen to them.
Teenagers just don't think. Our generation is going blind.
xa shot to rememberx
Killjoy
xa shot to rememberx
June 5th, 2007 at 06:51pm
SFXtra:
I think underage drinking is alright as long as people know and respect their limits.

It's 'underage' for a reason. It wouldn't be illegal if it was 'alright'.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 5th, 2007 at 08:27pm
Oxycontin Genocide.:
savedbymcr_2004:
xMari_Malicex:
What's puzzling is how in America, for instance, you can do almost everything at 18 yet you can't drink. It's weird, right?

Some people have said that if you let the kids drink, you're able to teach them to be responsible about it. I don't know if that's true, as I've never done that, but it could be logical.

that is wierd, the 18 thing. but if you let a kid drink how does that teach him responsiblity, to clean up your own puke? not o play with your toys while your drunk cause you'll break them?

If you introduce a kid with alcohol, he'll know more about it and be more responsible.

good piont but still like 87% of all alcohlics had their first drink before the age of fifteen. the younger you have it and the more ways you have to get it the more chances you have of being an alcohlic when you get older. look at Gerard, he was drinking in high school.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 5th, 2007 at 08:48pm
my friend (underage) got drunk for the first time and called me up very early in the morning. i was not happy cause i had to go to work early that morning but i couldn't because she kept calling me up. it puts a strain on your relationships. if your not hurting them then you influencing them look at Gerard once agian because of him the other members of mcr drank more too.
hardcore_princess
Killjoy
hardcore_princess
June 6th, 2007 at 05:37am
to mrhelena:
11 i way too young.
but that is the sad truth.
i have a young brother[12] and as i read the the datas i mentioned in my first comment, i couldn´t believe that kids in his age are drinking alcohol.
it´s a small number but one 11 year old kid drinking alcohol is even too much.
i´ve seen 13 year old girls come to a party with a bottle vodka.
i´m not joking!
i couldn´t belived my eyes as they started to drink it pure out of the bottle.
after 1 hour the party was over for them.
they sat barfing in front of the toilet.
i don´t understand it.
a lot of kids ask me in supermarkets if i buy them a bottle whiskey and when i say "no" they call me names.
!that is absurd!
i´m not that old but i know how to handle with alcohol.
but how can we teach the youngers?
who is responsible for that?
will they listen or is the peer pressure too high?
i don´t know but something has to change.

i have to add something more.
of course drinking of teenager the bigger problem but there are many older persons having that problem too.
they are a bad ideal for them.
and when parents tell theire kids they are not allowed to drink alcohol with a bottle beer in their hand.....well.....everyone knows that will not work!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 6th, 2007 at 10:16pm
hardcore_princess:
to mrhelena:
11 i way too young.
but that is the sad truth.
i have a young brother[12] and as i read the the datas i mentioned in my first comment, i couldn´t believe that kids in his age are drinking alcohol.
it´s a small number but one 11 year old kid drinking alcohol is even too much.
i´ve seen 13 year old girls come to a party with a bottle vodka.
i´m not joking!
i couldn´t belived my eyes as they started to drink it pure out of the bottle.
after 1 hour the party was over for them.
they sat barfing in front of the toilet.
i don´t understand it.
a lot of kids ask me in supermarkets if i buy them a bottle whiskey and when i say "no" they call me names.
!that is absurd!
i´m not that old but i know how to handle with alcohol.
but how can we teach the youngers?
who is responsible for that?
will they listen or is the peer pressure too high?
i don´t know but something has to change.

i have to add something more.
of course drinking of teenager the bigger problem but there are many older persons having that problem too.
they are a bad ideal for them.
and when parents tell theire kids they are not allowed to drink alcohol with a bottle beer in their hand.....well.....everyone knows that will not work!

i totally agree with you, but really there is not much we or the goverment can do. kids will always find a way to get it if they want to, people are gonna want to party and have a good time so they automatically bring alcohol into it for more
"fun" but really to stop drinking is just basically a hopeless cause.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 7th, 2007 at 01:01am
i think underage drinking is stupid, why di they do it?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 01:04am
^ if they can get their hands on it and have enough time they'll do it, kids normally don't think about cause and effect, im a teenager and have the time act on the sper of the moment wow that sounded dorky. but seriously boredom leds you to doing stupid things.
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
June 7th, 2007 at 08:19am
my friend said she drinks because she likes it

i agree that boredom leads you to do stupid things
also when your feeling depressed about something
mychemvenom
Killjoy
mychemvenom
June 7th, 2007 at 08:42am
I think underage drinking is unavoidable, honestly. I'm not saying I think it's great or that I support it, but if a kid wants to drink, they'll find a way. I think parents shoud understand that, and make sure their child knows to call home for a ride if they've been drinking. No lecture that night, just a safe ride home. If the drinking can be in a controlled environment, all the better. lol Although, I know how that went when I was in high school.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
June 7th, 2007 at 12:54pm
If you're drinking just because it's something to do, you need some sort of hobby. There are plenty of things you could do instead if you have nothing to do.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
June 7th, 2007 at 01:37pm
I asked my mum about this, and she says youngsters properly don't even like the taste, but they do it to be 'cool'
For example, beer is bitter, it has an aquired taste, yet some of my friends are like 'Beer is the best drink ever made'

But, I think some alchopops are alright, if taken in moderation.
For example WKD, it's percentage of achohol is low, and could be enjoyed under parental guidance.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
June 7th, 2007 at 02:20pm
Simple and Clean:
I asked my mum about this, and she says youngsters properly don't even like the taste, but they do it to be 'cool'
For example, beer is bitter, it has an aquired taste, yet some of my friends are like 'Beer is the best drink ever made'

But, I think some alchopops are alright, if taken in moderation.
For example WKD, it's percentage of achohol is low, and could be enjoyed under parental guidance.

Some kids really do like the taste.
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
June 7th, 2007 at 03:12pm
As a straightedge person, I do not codone any drinking whatsoever, ESPECIALLY underage drinking. If it can hurt an adult, than it's more dangerous for an underdeveloped body. Alcohol renderes the body helpless, and it kills brain cells (which are quite important, I might add), a type of cell that cannot regenerate. Sadly, some restaurants and stores have become careless in IDing people for alcohol, which you cannot guarantee(sp?) will be caught.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 07:35pm
mychemvenom:
I think underage drinking is unavoidable, honestly. I'm not saying I think it's great or that I support it, but if a kid wants to drink, they'll find a way. I think parents shoud understand that, and make sure their child knows to call home for a ride if they've been drinking. No lecture that night, just a safe ride home. If the drinking can be in a controlled environment, all the better. lol Although, I know how that went when I was in high school.

i agree but the parent can try to control their child though that may lead to more reblien. its kind of hopeless to tell kids not to drink but maybe we could give them alternitives or something because its usually out of boredom and if its out of depreesion there should be more peer consouling at school or something
vampire_ninja
Killjoy
vampire_ninja
June 7th, 2007 at 08:28pm
i think it is fine to drink sumtimes when ur underage...my 1st drink was when i was 7...my mum gave me half a glass of wine....i hated it...but i still drank it...(i hate wine oh so much) ...i think kids should experience alcohol when they are young...i think it is good for them...but parents should also teach their kids about the affects of it and what may happen...ie abuse...
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 08:39pm
but kids normally don't understand the fine line between alcohol abuse and moderation. they think oh well one more glass wont hurt me, and they continue with that pattern as they get older.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
June 7th, 2007 at 08:41pm
I personally don't care. We can't stop everyone in the world from underage drinking. I mean,I think it's okay in moderation,but like,don't go out and get drunk every week or whatever.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 08:45pm
^but alcohol is so addicting that may be to hard for people to do, when life gets hard for them they want a way to exscape, also whenever they're with friends or watching the football game. so really its too easy to get in way over your head.