Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 7th, 2007 at 08:48pm
I'm okay with underage drinking actually. It's the drunk driving thing that bugs me and is one of the reason why the legal age in the U.S. is 21 (in almost any other country, my underage drinking wouldn't be underage at all).
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine hosted a party in which alcohol was served. One of the guys left the party drunk, got into his car and disappeared. He was found dead in a ditch three days later.

This is the reason why I make sure that when I drink, it's either at home with my parents (who give me wine or beer with dinner every now and then) or on my college campus with no intention of going out. Saying that, out of all the times I have had alcohol, I have never gotten drunk. I know when to stop.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 08:54pm
^ thats very reasonable. and i'm not saying 'oh you can't have a sip of alcohol now cause your only 19 and too young' thats plain stupid, but the thing is a bored teenager (i'm one of them but i do other things instead like post here) is like well i've had it before and well since i have nothing else to do lets just get a little drunk just for fun
queenfreddiemercury
Bleeding on the Floor
queenfreddiemercury
June 7th, 2007 at 10:51pm
What do you think about underage drinking? I dont like it

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so? peer pressure

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alcohol? stricter laws should be inforced, why I am saying this is I am cashier at a grocery store is if a minor is with the adult I can refuse the sale

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alcohol? Adults buying the alcohol and giving it to the teens
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 7th, 2007 at 11:29pm
queenfreddiemercury:

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alcohol? Adults buying the alcohol and giving it to the teens

While that may be true, there are a lot of places, especially in the area where I go to school where they just don't check id's. If someone looks about 21, then they'll sell them the alcohol.

There's also the fact that it is so easy to get a fake id. I don't have one, but I know plenty of people that do and were able to get relatively cheap.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 8th, 2007 at 12:59am
^i know places where you can get a fake id this problem isn't preventable in my mind kids will find a way if they want it, they might steal it, or whatever but to be a badass rebel and be cool with their friends they'll do whatever it takes.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 8th, 2007 at 04:47am
What do you think about underage drinking?

I think it's ok. I drink. I get drunk. No problem their. I've passed out fomr drinking and stuff but so does everyone around here. It's not a big deal. My parents let me drink as long as i do it sensibly.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?

Drinking is seen as fun. I think it is. People become more open with drink.#

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?

I don't think they should. It's pretty easy to get served in a off licence
here.
How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?

I work so that's where i get my money from.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 8th, 2007 at 11:17am
some people arnt in there right minds when they are drinking illegally
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 01:13pm
I've got mixed feelings about this...see the problem is is that a lot of kids drink to look cool and some drink to release themselves from the pain....I did THAT and let me tell ya, for the help it gives ya, it'll f*** u up pretty good....
xxLockxx
Jazz Hands
xxLockxx
June 11th, 2007 at 01:50pm
Marek Angel of Reven:
I've got mixed feelings about this...see the problem is is that a lot of kids drink to look cool and some drink to release themselves from the pain....I did THAT and let me tell ya, for the help it gives ya, it'll f*** u up pretty good....

Yeah, I agree. Some kids also do it every so often and I see no harm in that but kids doing it to look cool... I don't like that and drinking to release themselves.
Happy Ending
Jazz Hands
Happy Ending
June 11th, 2007 at 02:18pm
personally i love to get drunk
and will when ever i can get my hands on some booze, unless im on medication
i drink 'cus its just fun & you can forget about everything going on and just have a laugh.
i cant get served or anything 'cus im not 18, but im usually with sombody that is 18 so they can get it.
the only thing i hate about getting drunk it that it all comes flowing back out of ya system 10 mintues later LOL

thats just my personal views though :]
Heather18
Killjoy
Heather18
June 13th, 2007 at 01:32pm
im just wondering whos aginst underage drinking?
computus_deceptio
Killjoy
computus_deceptio
June 13th, 2007 at 03:46pm
What do you think about underage drinking?
Personally I have drank since I was 14. I think it isn't the best but you really can't stop kids from doing it they will always find a way.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so? coolness factor for most, for me it was a release a way to stop thinking and driving myself crazy for a couple of hours.

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?
It doesn't matter like I said kids will find a way. Parents and other just need to be aware for abuse and signs of depression really.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?
It hasn't been sudden, it has always been. The older sibling, the friend who has the connection, shoplifting it, steal it from mom and dad shit. You'd be surprised how easy it is to obtain really.
yelyahwilliams
Tragic With a Capital T
yelyahwilliams
June 13th, 2007 at 06:34pm
What do you think about underage drinking? Doesn't really bother me because im 17 and i do it myself.. must have been drinking since i was like 15. but i'm really against drink driving and stuff.. fair enough if you wanna risk your own life cause its yours but other peoples is just grr
but yeah i love to get drunk for a laugh, to make other people laugh, to laugh at myself and just generally laugh, try not to turn to it when im upset but sometimes i can't help it XD but yeah for me its on the weekends sometimes even weekdays cause i only go college 3 days a week.. thats just my views i guess

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?
I don't know really, most teens maybe think it makes them feel grown up or 'cool' i guess pressure comes into it and fitting in and stuff, some turn to it because of depression

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alcohol? There isn't really much they can do, except put the serving ages up.. there never going to completely stop underage drinking.

haha well for starters EMA at college and stuff certainly doesn't go towards college needs...
Older siblings, even parents, friend connections, people probably even nick it from their parents just yeah anywhere really
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
June 13th, 2007 at 10:45pm
Heather18:
im just wondering whos aginst underage drinking?

i am, it ruins people lives
my friends included
Sad
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 13th, 2007 at 11:50pm
^ well it can, but i do know people who do it and can control it. but still i just think thats kind of a cowered way to hide from problems.
Soda Pop and Ritalin
Killjoy
Soda Pop and Ritalin
June 14th, 2007 at 12:32pm
I think drinking is solely up to the person doing it. I know a lot of kids who drank under age and they never fought, stole, had sex or any of that stuff. They'd drink, goof around in the basement and generally just have a good time. I think it needs to be examined from both sides. Yes, there are a lot of side effects of long term drinking, or bad things that can happen if you drink way too much. But a lot of people know their limit, know when to quit drinking, and can drink without causing a problem. I think everyone gets too irate when they hear 'underage drinking.' There are loads of countries who let kids drink at eighteen or ninteen, and some parents who let their teens drink with family. The only time drinking because an issue if is a teen can't handle the resposibility that comes along with drinking like an adult. And just because you drink underage doesn't mean your going to become an alcoholic. You are what you make yourself. Yes, I believe some teens definitly should not drink; if alcoholism runs in your family, then it's definitly a bad idea because you are way more prone to become that way too, but I've drank socially since I was 16 and both my parents have addiction issues. I however, am far from being an alcoholic because I know my limits and I don't revolve my life around it. I think it has a lot to do with the person themselves. I also think that if adults didn't shove it in teen's faces as such a bad thing your not allowed to do, it's going to push them to wnat to do it more because it "forbidden."
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
June 14th, 2007 at 12:38pm
i think that underage drinking is totally up to the person... if they want to drink and harm themselves like that, then let them have at it. its ovbiously really bad but its not my life and not my choice.
lady gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
lady gaga.
June 16th, 2007 at 07:54pm
I personally dont drink and i have my own reasons as to why but I know a lot of people who drink and they havent done anything bad, but then i know other people who drink and just get so wasted that they can't even remember what they did the day before. As long as you're drinking responsibly im pretty much fine with it. I'm not saying that underage drinking isnt bad because it is but if you're going to do it at least do it responsibly.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 16th, 2007 at 09:12pm
^ agree, i'm not saying your gonna burn in hell if you do it or whatever, live your life how you want, it's just that with me, i get addicted to things very easy and very quick (cutting, pills, internet ect) so if i do it, even if i don't like the taste i'll probaply still do it. so i can't do it and be responsible, but if you can fine with me
Fall To Peices.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fall To Peices.
June 17th, 2007 at 12:21am
well i'm not gonna lie i drink at least twice a month and i agree with her i don't think i'm gonna go to hell for it and i don't think its completly right but i don't know i guess