Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/veganism.

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 29th, 2007 at 10:16am
SMILE:
this might be a silly question, i don't know but if someone is a vegetarian or a vegan, if they have animals then what do they feed them because don't they need meet to be healthy?

It depends. I'm a vegetarian, and I feed my dogs proper dog food [meat etc.] because I believe that they should not follow my diet.

But there are some vegetarians / vegans that I've heard of that make their pets vegan / vego as well, but I personally wouldn't do that.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 29th, 2007 at 06:06pm
SMILE:
this might be a silly question, i don't know but if someone is a vegetarian or a vegan, if they have animals then what do they feed them because don't they need meet to be healthy?

Dogs are carnivores.
If they were in the wild, they'd eat meat.

It's to keep them healthy.

So you should feed it meat.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
November 3rd, 2007 at 07:23am
I think veganism and vegetarianism are both very good ideas and I'd like to try it someday. I'm just afraid to commit to it and then not be able to do it =\
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
November 3rd, 2007 at 01:28pm
gerardwayis_love:
I think veganism and vegetarianism are both very good ideas and I'd like to try it someday. I'm just afraid to commit to it and then not be able to do it =\

Well it's not like you'd have to stick to it for the rest of your life, and it's not a crime if you slip. It's your own decision, you make up the rules and you decide what you eat and what you don't. I think you shouldn't be worried about not being able to do it. If you want to, give it a go. Not everyone can follow a strict vegetarian/vegan diet, and I find it very wrong that people are being incriminated because they choose to eat meat. At the end of the day, it's everyone's own choice.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 3rd, 2007 at 02:29pm
^^ I agree with you 100%.
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 3rd, 2007 at 05:33pm
i've just recently became a vegan.
animal abuse and that crap makes me sick to my stomach.
it's not only that i don't want to eat red meat,
but when i think of what they do to the animals i just can't.
i would become a complete vegetarian, but
chicken and fish are a good source of potien,
and i could never give up sushi. aha
i'm allergic to beed anywayss.....
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
November 3rd, 2007 at 05:37pm
^^ Chicken is a good source of protein but there are others ways to get it. like beans or tofu.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 4th, 2007 at 11:50am
sayaprayer:

You said that you've "just become a vegan", but yet you still eat fish and chicken? Am I reading that right? Because if that's the case, you're not a vegan at all. Or a vegetarian for that matter.

Vegans don't eat any animal products whatsoever, including meat, dairy, eggs and honey, as well as animal fats.

They also don't wear leather, or any other animal skin etc. Some even don't wear wool [but not all].

Just thought I should clear that up...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 4th, 2007 at 03:20pm
^^ I have a feeling that she means she's vegan, as in she doesn't eat animal products, but eats meat...
Actually, I don't know what I mean.

sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
November 4th, 2007 at 03:20pm
sayaprayer:

What's 'beed'?

sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 5th, 2007 at 01:17am
PlushToy:
sayaprayer:

You said that you've "just become a vegan", but yet you still eat fish and chicken? Am I reading that right? Because if that's the case, you're not a vegan at all. Or a vegetarian for that matter.

Vegans don't eat any animal products whatsoever, including meat, dairy, eggs and honey, as well as animal fats.

They also don't wear leather, or any other animal skin etc. Some even don't wear wool [but not all].

Just thought I should clear that up...

sorry I meant vegetarian.
my mistake sorry.
i'm just getting into it and i got messed up.
but don't vegetarians still eat fish and chicken?
my sister was a vegetarian for several years and she said
that she still ate fish and chicken.

let me know,
i keep trying to research it but my google hasn't been coming up.
it'd be alot of help if you could give me a site.
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 5th, 2007 at 01:17am
oh and too Fia
i meant beef, that was a spelling error.
i'm still not sure if i'm allergic allergic,
but it makes me sick, like throw up and stuff.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
November 5th, 2007 at 03:40am
sayaprayer:

sorry I meant vegetarian.
my mistake sorry.
i'm just getting into it and i got messed up.
but don't vegetarians still eat fish and chicken?
my sister was a vegetarian for several years and she said
that she still ate fish and chicken.

let me know,
i keep trying to research it but my google hasn't been coming up.
it'd be alot of help if you could give me a site.

Nope. There are people who call themselves vegetarians when they eat fish and chicken but it's just improper use of the word. Pescetarians eat fish and no other animals. I think there's a word for people who eat chicken and fish but no other animals but I'm not sure what it is. Vegetarians don't eat any meat, poultry or fish.

edit: it's "semi-vegetarian"

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 5th, 2007 at 03:42am
sayaprayer, Vegetarians do not eat meat.

At all. Not even fish and chicken, which is actually meat believe it or not.

This site will give you a lot of information.
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 6th, 2007 at 10:21pm
thanks for the site PlushToy.
and for the information Billy.

i'll be sure not make the same mistake next time.
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
November 7th, 2007 at 01:12am
I am totally against the whole animal cruelty thing but I don't think I have the will power to go vegatarien. I do not eat at KFC anymore though. I just like meat and still living at home doesn't give me much of a choice on what I eat. Maybe once I hit college I'll try again.

I could definately could never be vegan cause I like eggs and milk way to much. I love my milk
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 7th, 2007 at 02:43am
^^ I am not a vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination, but I did go through a period where my doctor asked me to give up dairy (he thought it was causing my migraines) so I gave up all milk, cheese, all dairy altogether and drank only soymilk and ate only soy cheese. Now I am back to regular cheese (thank goodness, that rubbery soy cheese didn't make me happy) but I only drink soymilk. I find that the Silk Very Vanilla is a great start to the day, and makes a great before-bedtime treat. Give it a try! Smile
Save The Bunnies!!
Jazz Hands
Save The Bunnies!!
December 5th, 2007 at 01:58am
im a vegetarian. im against animal crulety.and i just dont think i could eat something that has a face.or something that suffered. im also a member of PETA.
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
December 5th, 2007 at 01:31pm
I once thought about turning into a vegetarian (I had just seen a gross dogument about how they slaughtered cows Smiley ) but then I felt like a hypocrite (because I felt bad for what they did that to the animals but then I would have also started to pay attention to all the clothes that I wear etc.etc.) and so it faded away after a while. I think both meat-eating and vegetable-eating is ok and acceptable.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
December 5th, 2007 at 04:55pm
I have been vegetarian for over nine years now. It was a personal decision that I made for my own reasons. I can't bear the thought of eating an animal, I love animals I find them cute and amazing, and after having an opinion like that towards them, I couldn't eat them without feeling very very wrong. I am not a vegan, I like dairy too much, but I do only buy free range eggs. I hate the idea of animal cruelty, because I see animals in the same way I see alot of humans.

I don't understand Vegetarians that eat fish and poultry, I don't see why these animals mean less than cows or sheep. An animal is an animal in my opinion, no matter what species. Although each to their own, i'm not judging.

I love all animals, and they brighten up my day alot. After feeling this way, eating them would feel the same way to me as eating a person. (Weird I know, but I apply human characteristics to animals)

Wow, ramble. Thats my opinion. Smile