Don't have an account? Create one!

Vegetarianism/veganism.

AuthorMessage
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 17th, 2008 at 04:32pm
There are a lot of farms like that where I live, but it's all very expensive. My parents aren't willing to spend that much money on meat just for me. So until I have to provide for myself I'm just gunna stick with being veggie.
heartstolenbymcr
Killjoy
heartstolenbymcr
August 17th, 2008 at 04:40pm
vampirexheart:
well I personally am a vegan and I don't believe in animal abuse/cruelty, or testing on animals. My dad makes fun of me for being a vegan, he says that it's an animals purpose to be eaten.I disagree. He always taunts me like when we go out to eat (which is really hard to do with my dad, he's like a fucking carnivore and he always want to go to like a steak house or something.lol) he's always like 'Mmmm dont you wish you could eat that nice juicy stake/hamburger?' and I hate when ever he does that.
and one else have problems like that? or is just a proud vegan/vegetarian?
heartstolenbymcr
Killjoy
heartstolenbymcr
August 17th, 2008 at 04:46pm
well im a vegetarian and quite strong with my beliefs. i do believe its wrong to eat meet but i try not to start fights or anything over that. vegans are different personally i dont see the point in that well because animals are producing it arent they , not being innocently slaughtered for us to sink our hungry muderous teeth into. my thoughts : VEGGIES ROCK
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 17th, 2008 at 04:58pm
Eponine:
There are a lot of farms like that where I live, but it's all very expensive. My parents aren't willing to spend that much money on meat just for me. So until I have to provide for myself I'm just gunna stick with being veggie.

Haha, ours are actually not bad :/
We have a farmers market every weekend
I LOVE Illinois
So this is sort of old
but pretty sweet
http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2008/05/carlin-calls-for-big-changes-in-factory-farming/
I really wish there was a way people could be updated in farm legislation in the government.
Like, weare ALWAYS updated when a farm is busted
But Threre really needs to be a list of new laws being put in place
and Factory Farms that are better to buy from :/
If ANYONE has any news on this sort of stuff, I would love to have it
Im moving out in a few months, so i'llhave a bit more control over what I buy
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
August 17th, 2008 at 05:35pm
I live in Florida and we have one of our major grocery chains called Publix and they carry their own brand of organically grown products as well as a wide selection of meats from smaller, cruelty-free farms. I can buy regular hamburger, for example, and not know where it came from, or I can buy certified meats from cruelty-free farms. Sure, it costs more, but it's something I believe in.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
August 18th, 2008 at 01:12pm
heartstolenbymcr:
well im a vegetarian and quite strong with my beliefs. i do believe its wrong to eat meet but i try not to start fights or anything over that. vegans are different personally i dont see the point in that well because animals are producing it arent they , not being innocently slaughtered for us to sink our hungry muderous teeth into. my thoughts : VEGGIES ROCK

I don't think many people here would appriciate being called muderous.
Yes, you might not agree with eating meat, but I don't think you should be descibing us as murderous.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 18th, 2008 at 03:52pm
I don't like any veggie should be saying that eating meat is wrong, or calling people names who do, because eating meat IS natural and it IS right...It just may not be right for *you*
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
August 26th, 2008 at 11:25pm
^agreed
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
September 7th, 2008 at 12:46am
i'm a vegetarian but i don't bother other people about eating meat and i would never try to force people to agree with me.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:48pm
I lovr everything that lives...bugs, dogs, cows, everything.. I would be a vegetarian, but sadly, my parents get in the way! I try to skip, but sometimes they MAKEme eat meat! Ugh... I'm not a vegan, but I'll only eat eggs and milk from the localish free range farms.
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 8th, 2008 at 03:26pm
I'm thinking of becoming vegan, or at least I won't touch meat for a while (Even though I don't eat meat that much in general).
Last night I was shopping with my grandma, and she wanted a pack of beef for tacos. I picked one up, and blood started running down my hand. It was disgusted.
I saw pictures of cow and chickens getting killed, stunned, getting ready to be butchered, and it's heart-breaking. I'm an animal lover. I've tried to become a veterinarian before, but it didn't work out, 'cause I got sick. The meat I usually do eat has to come from a place where the animals were treated right, with respect, and died humanly.

I respect and kinda look up to the people who are vegans. You stand for what you believe, and that's awesome.
conor oberst.
Bleeding on the Floor
conor oberst.
September 16th, 2008 at 06:41am
i respect vegetarians/vegans.
it's not an easy thing to do if you're around meat all the time and you've grown up eating meat. if someone is born in to a family who don't eat meat because they won't know what meat is like and they won't be missing out on much.
i really wish i had the self dicipline to go vegetarian and maybe enentually vegan.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
September 16th, 2008 at 10:38am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I don't like any veggie should be saying that eating meat is wrong, or calling people names who do, because eating meat IS natural and it IS right...It just may not be right for *you*

I agree with part of this. I'm vegan, but I do agree with meat is natural. I find it funny some people try to tell me our ancestors were doing something unnatural to them before they invented the wheel. But I don't agree with the it's right part, hence why I'm vegan.
xxMy_Chem_Cutiexx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxMy_Chem_Cutiexx
September 16th, 2008 at 06:13pm
I am a vegetarian and have 4 other sisters so i know what u mean about being teased about it. luckily one of my best friends is also a veggie so i talk to her all the time. and i do like peta but im not all high and mighty about it.
P.S. NATIONAL HUG A VEGETARIAN DAY IS COMING UP ON SEPT. 26TH!!
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
September 17th, 2008 at 05:40am
conor oberst.:
i respect vegetarians/vegans.
it's not an easy thing to do if you're around meat all the time and you've grown up eating meat. if someone is born in to a family who don't eat meat because they won't know what meat is like and they won't be missing out on much.
i really wish i had the self dicipline to go vegetarian and maybe enentually vegan.

I went veggie only three months ago, it's a lot easier than it seems. I thought it would be really hard, I was brought up in a family who eat meat nearly every day [and i live on a farm], but now I don't think I could ever return to eating meat. If you go about it sensibly, you don't necessarily have to 'plan' your diet but you do need to know what you're erasing and what substitutes [if any] you're bringing in. It's quite simple really, it's a healthy lifestyle and I wish anyone who wants to try going vegetarian/pescartarian/vegan luck, although I can assure you it is likely you won't need it! ;]

^ yay! I shall spread the news (=
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 20th, 2008 at 11:27am
I have a friend who is going through an interesting time right now. She is a vegetarian, her husband is not. Up to now, their son has been breastfeeding so he has, for all intents and purposes, been on a vegetarian diet as well. Now he is starting to eat solid foods, and Mom prepares one veggie or a blend of two or three, and he continues to eat veggie when Mom feeds him. Dad is starting to give him small amounts of whatever he is eating, including meat if he is having it. It's an interesting dynamic, and I'm curious to see how their son chooses, being raised "partial vegetarian".
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
September 20th, 2008 at 12:30pm
I'd just like to remind everyone that quoting someone without posting your own opinion, or just saying "I agree" or something, isn't a valid post. So none of that please!
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
September 20th, 2008 at 04:38pm
psychochip:
I have a friend who is going through an interesting time right now. She is a vegetarian, her husband is not. Up to now, their son has been breastfeeding so he has, for all intents and purposes, been on a vegetarian diet as well. Now he is starting to eat solid foods, and Mom prepares one veggie or a blend of two or three, and he continues to eat veggie when Mom feeds him. Dad is starting to give him small amounts of whatever he is eating, including meat if he is having it. It's an interesting dynamic, and I'm curious to see how their son chooses, being raised "partial vegetarian".

Just curious, but does the mother mind the father feeding him meat?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 20th, 2008 at 05:45pm
^^ I asked her that and she said no. Vegetarianism is her choice, and she has said that she hopes that the baby will choose it as well as he grows older, but she understands her husband's feelings too -- he was raised on a farm and taught that animals are food, so he still eats meat.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 20th, 2008 at 06:28pm
^Well for a baby a vegetarian diet is not healthy at all.