Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 10th, 2007 at 06:43am
From what I've heard, I don't think all of this is a "new" thing, but I'm not sure. In a way, they're kind of poking at taboo boundries. Mainly I'm talking about homophobia. None of it really bothers me or makes me feel different about them, except a little annoyance that they're encouraging the teenies (Bad! Bad! Nooo!). I wouldn't want my parents to be anywhere near a show that did that, nor do I want to have to deal with kids at school telling me how they're emo fags, but...

I think fanfictions blow it out of proportion, and I find writings about pairings within the band not only annoying, but disprespectful towards My Chem. It's one thing when they choose to do "inappropriate" things themselves, but for others to write about them doing it?

Someone mentioned Ray's quote? *Pokes sig* There's the link to the video if no one's posted yet.
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
August 10th, 2007 at 06:48am
i dont really mind frerard, or when gee and them mess around on stage..
i think they're just foolin around, ya know?
it doesn't seem like a huge deal..
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 10th, 2007 at 07:03am
hairlikeray:
x_pansy:
I know I kind of said this before, but I wanted to say it again to be more clear.

I don't think they do it for attention, I think it's passion, like I said before. It's a totally unplanned, moment of passion. These guys are really passionate about their music, and playing shows for us. I mean, I don't think Gerard means to be so sexual because he sure as hell isn't like that off stage. I don't think Gerard could play a show without touching himself or someone else because he just gets so caught up in the passion they put into their music.

And again, I really don't get what the all the hype is about. I really don't see how a simple kiss can put so many people up in arms. It's just part of the show, it's just what they do.

ya but what about the younger fans that they might lose cuz of parents parenting them??? Shocked it is fiction but in some interview they said they didnt like it either Nyam dont pay attention to my last post i have no idea what im saying...im confused now Mad

Well if you ask me, if parents think their kids are too young to see two boys kissing each other, then their kid is too young to be listening to MCR.

And the guys have never said that they don't like it. Ray has said to 'stop making us have sex with each other' but he was joking around. They also said that they don't read it but they know that it's for the fans and not for them to read. I don't remember who said it, think it was Frank, but he said that it's great that kids are expressing themselves and writing stories. And Gerard has said that it's just a sign of having a big fanbase. Plus, I honestly doubt they would have problem with Frerard fan-fiction seeings Gerard and Frank have actually kissed before. It can't be too uncomfortable, hearing about relationships between Gerard and Frank when they have all seen it happen for real.

Veeolin:

I think fanfictions blow it out of proportion, and I find writings about pairings within the band not only annoying, but disprespectful towards My Chem. It's one thing when they choose to do "inappropriate" things themselves, but for others to write about them doing it?

How is it disrespectful? It's just a story! I am really offended by that, because I have nothing but respect for those guys, yet I read and write fan-fiction about them! Does that make me 'not a real fan'? Hell no! I in no way, shape or form, disrespect those guys!
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 10th, 2007 at 07:07am
Frerard doesn't bug me a whole lot, but...

Waycest, however...

I think there was an interview, might be the same on Ray said that, where Mikey was talking about a fanfic he was sent, and the jist I picked up was that it was waycest and he was at least slightly disturbed by it.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 10th, 2007 at 07:16am
Veeolin:
Frerard doesn't bug me a whole lot, but...

Waycest, however...

I think there was an interview, might be the same on Ray said that, where Mikey was talking about a fanfic he was sent, and the jist I picked up was that it was waycest and he was at least slightly disturbed by it.

Wouldn't you be if you just read something graphically describing you have sex with your sibling? But that's the point, it's not for them to read, it's for us and they understand that.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 10th, 2007 at 07:39am
Yes, that's true...

I still think it's disrespectful. =/
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 10th, 2007 at 07:50am
^^ I'm sorry but how can it be disrespectful? Like I said before, I'm really offended by that! Please explain to me how I am less of a fan because I read and write fan-fiction about them
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 10th, 2007 at 07:57am
Veeolin:
From what I've heard, I don't think all of this is a "new" thing, but I'm not sure. In a way, they're kind of poking at taboo boundries. Mainly I'm talking about homophobia. None of it really bothers me or makes me feel different about them, except a little annoyance that they're encouraging the teenies (Bad! Bad! Nooo!). I wouldn't want my parents to be anywhere near a show that did that, nor do I want to have to deal with kids at school telling me how they're emo fags, but...

Someone mentioned Ray's quote? *Pokes sig* There's the link to the video if no one's posted yet.

I've seen the video. They may seem uncomfortable but they don't seem too against it.
Fanfictions don't blow the whole pairing thing out of proportion. And How are they disrespectful?
As far as I've heard from the band, they are fine with it because they know it isn't for them to read, just fans. It's a way some fans express their talents and the band respects that.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 10th, 2007 at 08:06am
THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT FAN FICTIONS!
It's about the Ferardness that takes place during their shows.
bellamuerte1986
Killjoy
bellamuerte1986
August 10th, 2007 at 08:10am
nice thread...ive been wondering lately..does anyone think that they do it just to please the fans or maybe to see what everyone says??or do you guys think they enjoy it and dont have a problem with it??
personally i dont see anything wrong with it..HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY!!
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
August 10th, 2007 at 11:31am
i think its fun (i dunno if thats the right word)
like at the show i was frank and gee made out and then gee said a lot of speeches about doing something good and stuff (download Festival)

as for fanfiction... its not only my chem who have fan fiction.. Every thing these days have fan fiction.. like frank says that gee writes fan fiction for planet of the apes.. (i dont think its slashy though lol)
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
August 10th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Veeolin:
I wouldn't want my parents to be anywhere near a show that did that, nor do I want to have to deal with kids at school telling me how they're emo fags, but...

Well, I know that my parents are not shocked by seeing two men kiss each other. My mom has been going to concerts longer than I have, so chances are she's seen all the raunchy stuff that goes on at rock shows. Things were just as sexual back when she was a teenager. I still take her to shows when I'm home. Hell, we went to a Culture Club conceert together and if ten thousand gay men dancing together and making out for three hours didn't bother her, I don't know what will.

As for school, why do you care if other students hate the band you like? So what if they call them fags? You shouldn't have to defend your band. Just drop it, who cares what others think. They'll never be convinced otherwise and you shouldn't even waste your time. I'm 27 and out of high school and the people I know still make fun of the bands I like. But I tell them it's perfectly fine if they hate them or make fun of them. I'm a strong person and I don't let lesser people get to me.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 10th, 2007 at 04:12pm
^^ You're totally right.

The people that call MCR 'emo fags' hate MCR regardless of whether they are actually gay or not. Whether Gerard and Frank show each other (or other boys for that matter) affection or not, they are still gonna call them 'emo fags' That's just the easy way, for people who hate bands like MCR, to insult them. Even if you defended them and gave them legit reasons against what they say about MCR, they are still gonna hate them.

The simple fact is, no matter what band you like or what music you listen to, people are always gonna disagree with you. They are always going to pick on people who have a different taste to them. So whether Gerard and Frank kiss on stage or not, people are still gonna hate you for loving MCR.

I say it's their loss. If they can hate someone for something as simple as a different taste in music then it's their problem.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
August 10th, 2007 at 04:17pm
^Thanks. Us fans need to rise above all the haters.
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
August 10th, 2007 at 07:08pm
I'mNotSoPrettyBaby:
bullets1305:
Frerard is just MCR giving a different message: It's okay to be gay (or bi). Although it is uncomfortable having your parents see that... you go with them knowing that it might happen. It's not really different than those speaches. Instead of saying that it's okay to be gay they just show it I guess (kinda hard to phrase).
i totally agree, i dont think the whole Frerard topic is something that anybody should feel as inappropriate or feel as somethig to be digusted by.

i personally think it's all done with a good manner and in a way making the gay/lesbian community in MCR's fanbase (the minority) feel a bit more at home and comfortable because by doing the things that MCR are doing on stage tells them that it's okay to be gay and be proud of it.

and if they have to do it on a stage so be it, they dont have to do it throught speeches because actions speak louder than words and the fact that theres a topic on this just proves it.

but then again thats just my opinion.

to add to what i said before^^
i was wondering did anyone who feels Frerard inappropriate ever see them before The Black Parade? because Frerard used to happen all the time and i've been a witness to it before TBP and it just seemed a bit strange that they stopped, so to me for them to start up again is just normal so why are people making such a big deal out of it now?
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
August 10th, 2007 at 07:14pm
^I know! I thought for a bit that he was really growing out of all that when TBP came out. He had a very "serious artist" aura about him. Now he seems more like his younger, reckless self.

And looking back, no one seemed to care when Burt and Gerard sucked face either, back in the day.
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
August 10th, 2007 at 07:22pm
^^ exactly, thats why i dont understand why it's such a big deal lol

although i think i perfer him better as he's young self, i thought that TBP brought out an indeed very responsible and gorwn up artist but he was too serious at times so it's nice to see them having fun and being funny on stage lol
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 10th, 2007 at 08:18pm
People have been calling them "emo fags" since 'Helena'. By some people's logic in this thread, that would mean they should have given up makeup to appease those people. Why should My Chem give up what makes them who they are to make others happy? Then, they're not being themselves. That's not cool.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 10th, 2007 at 10:50pm
Beeblebrox:
^I know! I thought for a bit that he was really growing out of all that when TBP came out. He had a very "serious artist" aura about him. Now he seems more like his younger, reckless self.

And looking back, no one seemed to care when Burt and Gerard sucked face either, back in the day.

I was thinking the same thing too. But then it dawned on me that TBP gave them a whole new set of fans so those kids had no idea how dirty this band actually is. Razz Now they're discovering the true My Chemical Romance.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 10th, 2007 at 11:13pm
I didn't say anyone was less of a fan because they write fanfictions. I didn't say it was the band's opinoin, I said it was my own. I dunno. I just...don't like it. o.0

I don't care what others may think of My Chem, but it doesn't mean I want to deal with their reactions either. I'm just weak at dealing with that stuff. I admit, that's not a great excuse...

As for my parents...well, you're right. My mom went to loads of concerts when she was younger, and I'm sure she's seen plenty shit worse than "Frerardness". I suppose I just hadn't really thought about it, I'm so afraid of my parents hating the current music scene and the bands I listen to. Seeing as I'm only 14, I have the fear of my parents going into overprotective mode and not letting me go to shows any more if they knew...

Just to make sure I'm clear, I don't have a problem with MCR doing this stuff.