Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 10:47pm
mcr_gaw_jamie:
Frerard is kinda creepy. Just the fact that people take the time out to write about band members having "relations" with eachother is really weird. Waycest is a lot worse though.
It happens with everything though. Wether it's bands, or Harry Potter or something like that. It happens. Hell, I've done it. I wouldn't want the guys to read it, hell no. I'd be damn embaressed, but it's not like I convince myself it's REAL. I don't think most people do. There's no way to stop that creative out pour and the band are so open about homosexuality that it's almost inevitable that fan fics and that are going to happen. You know?
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 7th, 2007 at 10:49pm
mcr_gaw_jamie:
Frerard is kinda creepy. Just the fact that people take the time out to write about band members having "relations" with eachother is really weird. Waycest is a lot worse though.

Those people that actually take the time to write those stories have talent. It may be weird but like I've said before they expressing themselves through their writting.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
August 7th, 2007 at 10:56pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Some people mentioned their girlfriends; I wouldn't care if I were them. They obviously know that it's not serious, they're just joking around. I think it's cool that they're so comfortable around eachother, it kinda shows how good their friendship is. I do wish they'd do the speeches a little more often, but they've still got a good message. And, like a lot of people said, this kind of stuff did happen before. I think that it just seems like it's happening so much now since they almost completely stopped for The Black Parade tour.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 7th, 2007 at 10:57pm
I'm About To Break.:

Ever since I knew about Frerard, I have been against it. I just do not like reading stories about the band members being gay.
But now its happening in real life. And as much as I love MCR, I do not like this kind of stuff.
Like Gerard getting Frank, Ray and Matt Cortez to take off their shirts , Gerard and his 'bases' , Gerard talking about how 'hot' he is on stage And of course the famous Frerard kiss.

Im not liking this too much, I mean think about it. Yea, its 'hot', but do we or the band want to be known for this kind of stuff?
I understand about Prison, and how its about Prison Rape, but this is just too far for me.
Its getting too much of a normal thing, and to be honest I dont like that at all. Its just too out of character for them and completely inappropriate.

But hey, it might just be me, what do you guys think?

(And please no comments like "OmgZZZ ItZ S00 Hoo0tT!" )

Edit - 'bases' video is fixed! Wink

yeah im gonna have to agree with you on that
i really hate when gerard gets like that on stage.
it annoyes me because yeah it is innappropriate. i mean common there are fans from diffrent ages there and sometimes i think it corrupts there messages on suicide and selfharm.
and yeah it seems to be a normal thing for them to do on stage now.

Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 7th, 2007 at 10:57pm
I'm About To Break.:

Im never really going to leave their fan base, but think about all the people who might. All the parents looking over their young daughters/sons shoulders and seeing the lead singer grope himself? Kiss the guitarist? I mean they might not WANT to become an ex fan but be realistic, some parents are NEVER going to allow it!

Like I said before then maybe young kids shouldn't be there. Parents shouldn't be at shows either. They only get in the way and are really annoying. If My Chemical Romance is not age appropriate for some kids then they're just going to have to wait until they are mature enough for the show. It's like parents complaining about how music is corrupting their kids when they should be parenting. I mean to honest My Chem shows are already pretty watered down as it is. They've been doing this for around 5 years now. Why should they change? The core fans understand. The wishy wishy fans will come and go with the trends. My Chem should stay true to themselves which may include groping and swearing. I mean at any average rock show there is going to be swearing and maybe the lead singer may get a tad sexual. They're performing.

And if the person comes from a homophobic family then theres absolutely no way the family will stand for it! [/quote]

Well that's just too bad. Don't let your parents know about Ferard. That's what I did when I was younger.

And I know its been going on for a long time, but why has it suddenly exploded now? [/quote]

I dunno, but I'm pretty they probably just get caught up in all the attention. I mean sometimes Gerard totally gets this happy evil genius look on his face when he is about to do something he knows will make the crowd go wild. But after a while I'm pretty sure all the boy love will go back to normal. Remember it's not only My Chem fans there. LP fans might not be so tolerant of homosexuality. That might have something to do with the increase.

What about the guys GF's? [/quote]

I'm pretty sure if they had a problem with it. The boys would stop. I really don't think Jamia is worried about Gerard trying to steal Frank away. I seriously doubt it.

But let me ask you this, why have they replaced the life changing speeches for this?
I mean that was something to be proud about! And now.... I cant explain why they do it to other people if they ask me..
[/size][/quote][/quote]

Do they really need to give the same old speech every show after a while it starts to sounds like one of those school "Stay in school and don't do drugs" assemblies. After three years of being a My Chem fan, I know the message they are trying to spread. There's no need to hear it every show. When I go to a rock show I just wanna have a good time. I don't have to learn a moral lesson at every show. Besides between the ages of 16 and up you really should be making decisions because they are the right thing to do not because Gerard said so. Plus I like to see the boys having fun. The Black Parade Tour was soooo serious. The speeches made on that tour felt forced and so after school special. They made everything serious business. Lately things have been reminding me of 2005 and I love it.

Here's your life changing speech if you want it.
Damage Control.
Salute You in Your Grave
Damage Control.
August 7th, 2007 at 10:58pm
Yeah, they do have talent, but sometimes I wish they had a different way to express it. I don't mind fan fics. I mean, write about meeting the band, life on tour-whatever but writing about band members like that is kind of disturbing. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't take a lot of effort and imagination.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 7th, 2007 at 11:02pm
The WORST reason they could be doing this is because they want to attract fans (or their label told them to Shocked) However I don't think that has happened because if it did, they would be doing all this siliness on their last tour when WTTBP was introducing boatloads of teenies to the band as a way to get them to "stay." And I've resolved not to accuse ANY band of selling out until it's obvious that they have.

Plus it isn't like they don't have a motivation, it's just a bit more subtle. Like when Gerard said "I don't care if you're a size 32 or a size 48, I want you to take your motherfuckin' shirt off!" That's basically giving the people in the audience a bit more confidence to participate if they were scared of not looking pretty enough, he's saying "who cares if people don't think you're pretty."

Besides, it's not like they have to give a speech at every show and there doesn't have to be Ferard at every show.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 11:03pm
Sowing Season...I love you. Well done.
And that video made me cry a little.
People seem to say this stuff way better than I can.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 7th, 2007 at 11:08pm
Sowing Season:
I'm About To Break.:

Im never really going to leave their fan base, but think about all the people who might. All the parents looking over their young daughters/sons shoulders and seeing the lead singer grope himself? Kiss the guitarist? I mean they might not WANT to become an ex fan but be realistic, some parents are NEVER going to allow it!

Like I said before then maybe young kids shouldn't be there. Parents shouldn't be at shows either. They only get in the way and are really annoying. If My Chemical Romance is not age appropriate for some kids then they're just going to have to wait until they are mature enough for the show. It's like parents complaining about how music is corrupting their kids when they should be parenting. I mean to honest My Chem shows are already pretty watered down as it is. They've been doing this for around 5 years now. Why should they change? The core fans understand. The wishy wishy fans will come and go with the trends. My Chem should stay true to themselves which may include groping and swearing. I mean at any average rock show there is going to be swearing and maybe the lead singer may get a tad sexual. They're performing.

And if the person comes from a homophobic family then theres absolutely no way the family will stand for it!

Well that's just too bad. Don't let your parents know about Ferard. That's what I did when I was younger.

And I know its been going on for a long time, but why has it suddenly exploded now? [/quote]

I dunno, but I'm pretty they probably just get caught up in all the attention. I mean sometimes Gerard totally gets this happy evil genius look on his face when he is about to do something he knows will make the crowd go wild. But after a while I'm pretty sure all the boy love will go back to normal. Remember it's not only My Chem fans there. LP fans might not be so tolerant of homosexuality. That might have something to do with the increase.

What about the guys GF's? [/quote]

I'm pretty sure if they had a problem with it. The boys would stop. I really don't think Jamia is worried about Gerard trying to steal Frank away. I seriously doubt it.

But let me ask you this, why have they replaced the life changing speeches for this?
I mean that was something to be proud about! And now.... I cant explain why they do it to other people if they ask me..
[/size][/quote][/quote]

Do they really need to give the same old speech every show after a while it starts to sounds like one of those school "Stay in school and don't do drugs" assemblies. After three years of being a My Chem fan, I know the message they are trying to spread. There's no need to hear it every show. When I go to a rock show I just wanna have a good time. I don't have to learn a moral lesson at every show. Besides between the ages of 16 and up you really should be making decisions because they are the right thing to do not because Gerard said so. Plus I like to see the boys having fun. The Black Parade Tour was soooo serious. The speeches made on that tour felt forced and so after school special. They made everything serious business. Lately things have been reminding me of 2005 and I love it.

There's your life changing speech if you want it.[/quote]

but what i mean is like this there is a my chem fan who has never seen ferard but heard the words that come out of the bands mouth during there concerts.The fans parent decides to come along what the heck would the parent say to there kid when there kid see's ferard happening on stage,that its perfectly normal?
if mcr's concerts werent age appropriate dont you think there would be a notice on that?
but there isnt is there thats why i think gerard should be that innappropriate on stage because like i said there are fans any age who have never been to a mcr concert with parents too that dont even know about this stuff.
secondly why would you lie to your parents about ferard .If you decide to go to an mcr concert with your parent and inside the back of your head you know that ferard is gonna happen what do you think your parent is gonna say when he/she witnesses ferard on stage.its not a pleasent sight is it?

whats the point in being proud of this kind of sexuality happening on stage?
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:09pm
mcr_gaw_jamie:
Yeah, they do have talent, but sometimes I wish they had a different way to express it. I don't mind fan fics. I mean, write about meeting the band, life on tour-whatever but writing about band members like that is kind of disturbing. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't take a lot of effort and imagination.

You have to admit though, the band kinda fuels fanfiction. It isn't just the writers fault.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 11:12pm
You seem to assume that parents would be against it...My parents have been to shows and they aren't most accepting of people being gay, but they have never said a word about it. It's a performance. What's the difference between that and a girl gyrating on a guy at some other concert? It's been said before that compared to a lot of shows the stuff that goes on at MCR shows is pretty watered down.
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:13pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:

but what i mean is like this there is a my chem fan who has never seen ferard but heard the words that come out of the bands mouth during there concerts.The fans parent decides to come along what the heck would the parent say to there kid when there kid see's ferard happening on stage,that its perfectly normal?
if mcr's concerts werent age appropriate dont you think there would be a notice on that?
but there isnt is there thats why i think gerard should be that innappropriate on stage because like i said there are fans any age who have never been to a mcr concert with parents too that dont even know about this stuff.
secondly why would you lie to your parents about ferard .If you decide to go to an mcr concert with your parent and inside the back of your head you know that ferard is gonna happen what do you think your parent is gonna say when he/she witnesses ferard on stage.its not a pleasent sight is it?

Maybe that sexuality is also a message?
Maybe that message is that it's okay to be who you are. Whether you are bi, gay , striaght and that no one should be judged by their sexuality.
My Chem doesn't do thigs just for the heck of it. There is always something behind it all that's bigger.

Plus there are things that are much much wrose then Frerard.
Damage Control.
Salute You in Your Grave
Damage Control.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:14pm
hello.bang.bye:
mcr_gaw_jamie:

You have to admit though, the band kinda fuels fanfiction. It isn't just the writers fault.

Yeah, if Gerard didn't kiss Frank and a ton of other dudes we wouldn't have Frerard and Waycest. You're right. I mean, it's like in their efforts to prevent homophobia, they kinda made the fans start thinking what if.....?
Damage Control.
Salute You in Your Grave
Damage Control.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:16pm
mcr_gaw_jamie:
hello.bang.bye:
mcr_gaw_jamie:

Yeah, if Gerard didn't kiss Frank and a ton of other dudes we wouldn't have Frerard and Waycest. You're right. I mean, it's like in their efforts to prevent homophobia, they kinda made the fans start thinking what if.....?

I don't really have a problem with the fan fics I just don't write them or read them. It's not my thing.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:18pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:

Why is everybody starting to complain about this now? This has been going on FOR YEARS.

When you go to see a MCR show, wtf do you want them to do? Make their shows all happy and rated G? Are you expecting a rock show or a fucking Hannah Montana show? Their shows have always been sexual and vulgar. No matter how many parents complain they will always do it. They. Don't. Care. That's the point. They're being themselves and not conforming to what other people want. That's been the point of this band since the beginning.

The proudness is they're showing people it's alright to be doing this stuff with other people of the same sex. They want people to be comfortable with who they are and by doing what they do onstage, it accomplishes something, even if you don't think it does.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 7th, 2007 at 11:19pm
hello.bang.bye:
Maybe that sexuality is also a message?
Maybe that message is that it's okay to be who you are. Whether you are bi, gay , striaght and that no one should be judged by their sexuality.
My Chem doesn't do thigs just for the heck of it. There is always somethingbehind it all that's bigger.

okai i understand that.
but like i said for the second time there are fans diffrent ages.with parents.
if they want to show the message on bi,or gay then they should say it verbally. because parents at the concert too wouldnt like there kid seeing that on stage.
a concert should be based on music and messages.a parent dosent expect two men in a band kissing during a concert with there kid next to them
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:20pm
mcr_gaw_jamie:

I don't really have a problem with the fan fics I just don't write them or read them. It's not my thing.[/quote]

Very true.
They guys have good intentions when it comes to Frerard and whatnot.
They also know that it is partly their fault we now have Frerard, Waycest, etc.
Our imagnations are crazy things and when something makes us think what if our imganations take off (most of the time).
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 11:22pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:
okai i understand that.
if they want to show the message on bi,or gay then they should say it verbally. because parents at the concert too wouldnt like there kid seeing that on stage.
a concert should be based on music and messages.a parent dosent expect two men in a band kissing during a concert with there kid next to them

Would it make a difference how they did it?? If a parent wasn't happy with that message it doesn't matter if it's put through verbally or through their performance, they're still not going to like it.

What the hell is wrong with seeing two guys kiss? It's just the same as a girl and a guy kissing, they're still people. I don't see why it should be a problem.
HeadfirstHalo
Killjoy
HeadfirstHalo
August 7th, 2007 at 11:23pm
I have a poor memory, but whoever responded to what I said clearly missed the point of what I was saying. I wasn't saying you should leave the fanbase, I was saying that the existence of Frerard doesn't attract teenies, as the only people who are aware of it are people already a part of this fandom.

As someone has previously said, if there are kids there who get uncomfortable around displays of sexuality, then that is at their discretion (and their parents) to keep away from it! They have always been a dark band, and they have always had a sexually charged performance. (I have been trying to find the perfect quote for this but I can't find it anywhere, something Gerard says about their live show). You are basically asking them to censor themselves and inhibit their performance, which isn't really what they are about.

If someones parent has an issue, then it is a good thing that their child is exposed to it, think about it. If you've been raised in a homophobic household it's good to see that it is in fact an ACCEPTABLE thing to be gay. I'm not a huge fan of parents being at concerts unless they are a fan, though I understand some parents won't let their child go alone.

My parents (big fans of the band) have never found anything sexual embarassing at a show, I suppose it all depends on your upbringing. I've been going to see Rocky Horror Picture Show at the theatre since I was 10 years old, so seeing two guys do a bit of performance kissing is hardly a shock to the system.
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 7th, 2007 at 11:24pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:

okai i understand that.

I can understand where you are coming.
The thing is the band can't just stop what they are doing on stage just because of an age group.
How old are most of the fans of MCR that go see them live? You have to think about that too. Most of us are old enough to deal with what they do on stage.