Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
August 7th, 2007 at 01:02pm
i think they've been on tour way too long and the sexual tension between them is getting too much.
either that or touring has made them go nutty.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 02:01pm
I'm About To Break.:

The thing is that it is a show, and I know that, but once they start having to do 'hot' things to enhance it, it just ruins it.
And they do act, The Black Parade is a whole act! And cant they draw attention in other ways?
And if sexual ways is all they can think of to get fans, then they might be losing a lot of fans who actually loved their music, and not the 'hotness'
Im not saying Im not a fan, Im pretty much obsessed, but once I saw this I was really on edge about it, I mean they've started doing it so much that its becoming really noticable..... Neutral

They don't HAVE to do 'hot' things to enhance the show. They aren't being forced into it. Frank and Gerard obviously feel comfortable groping each other, or they wouldn't do it. I don't think it's all just them making a statement about how comfy they are with being homosexual, I think it's just something that has become incorporated into their set since they began to perform.

I think it's become more prominent now because of the lull and people are homing in on it. It seems the band are no longer 'The Black Parade' but are becoming MCR again and that's why they are conducting themselves how they are. You could call it a stage persona because I'm sure as hell they probably don't feel each other up off stage.

I have a question. You're saying they're losing fans over this. Would you stop being a fan because of this? Because surely if only the music matters then it's only the music you notice? Even though they are interacting more they are producing some of the best performances ever.

Just a suggestion.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 7th, 2007 at 02:03pm
They've been doing this kind of shit for years now...
ProfessionaLurker
Joining The Black Parade
ProfessionaLurker
August 7th, 2007 at 02:19pm
Hallo everybody.
To me—Gerard seems pretty at ease when answers about kissing Frank, and apparently there's no big why - or whatever. Simply they do it. Because they like to do it.
I don't think is a big deal.
I love this—
I love them.
They are friendsss.
More than friends?
We would never know—if they don't want to.
And if is just a big propaganda, they do it very well.
I like gay/lesbians,.
Two facts are, let's ay, slightly distracting... Gerard’s ex-girlfriend and now this new Frank's tattoo. But, I’m only rising to the bait, as everyone...
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 7th, 2007 at 02:43pm
i basically dont mind!!
if its what they want they want then they can go for it
there was never anything to say that it was wrong (im not being funny *dont hate me!!!) i just think its something to entertain each other and the audiences!
i think that they are fine, and i havent noticed them being any different towards their audiences.
Im behind them with what they do! sooooo yeah i can think of loads more to say but then you might think im babbling on a bit lol xD

Edit: i agree with ProfessionaLurker aswell

and there's no way im dropping as a fan ever, even if they do become crap (which is highly impossible), ill still stick behind 100%
i think its the least they deserve after everything they've done for me and many others!!!!
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 7th, 2007 at 05:24pm
frank and gerard have been "friendly" in that sense since around 2002, there are pictures of gerard close to fran almost the same way.
so, it's not new. and who cares? they're having fun.
they could be worse things, such as hurting themselves on stage like marilyn manson.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 06:23pm
Citizen Erased.:
frank and gerard have been "friendly" in that sense since around 2002, there are pictures of gerard close to fran almost the same way.
they could be worse things, such as hurting themselves on stage like marilyn manson.

You said it better than I could. Well done. Clap
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
August 7th, 2007 at 06:50pm
Citizen Erased.:

very well said.marilyn does like to hurt himself onstage.I can see MCR r having fun..but everyone is now taking this to far.Now there r posters and drawings of frerard all over and i dont get why people love this so much....Yes i know teenies r one of the people who love frerard
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 07:59pm
I just think it's getting to be "Hot" like "Ya two hot guys all over eachother!" But that's not what it's about. It's about getting a message out there and saving lives. I mean waht happened to those amazing speeches that i could recite from memory? Or even the tie your shoes song! ( Wink )
And I know we all have a bit of a teenie in all of us,but instead of attracting the crowd that go for the music and love the guys,it'll attract the girls that are like "Hey let's like go to this concert the hottest guys in the world make out and stuff" .
I disagree that young fans shouldn't like MCR if they don'[t like this kind of thing,I don't mind But when it gets to be the norm and the most focussed on thing it gets frustrating because I just wanna sing along and watch the show.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 07:59pm
I just think it's getting to be "Hot" like "Ya two hot guys all over eachother!" But that's not what it's about. It's about getting a message out there and saving lives. I mean waht happened to those amazing speeches that i could recite from memory? Or even the tie your shoes song! ( Wink )
And I know we all have a bit of a teenie in all of us,but instead of attracting the crowd that go for the music and love the guys,it'll attract the girls that are like "Hey let's like go to this concert the hottest guys in the world make out and stuff" .
I disagree that young fans shouldn't like MCR if they don'[t like this kind of thing,I don't mind But when it gets to be the norm and the most focussed on thing it gets frustrating because I just wanna sing along and watch the show.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 7th, 2007 at 08:15pm
Sowing Season:
It guess it kinda encourages teenies but why should they have to change their live show for some kids who probably won't even like My Chem next year. My Chem shows have also had a lot of sex and swearing. Why should they change because of they have more younger fans? Maybe young kids shouldn't listen to My Chem.

- Yer!
If there that bovered they should just not listen or ignore it
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
August 7th, 2007 at 08:16pm
Cheerful Cynic:

you got a point there.......
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 08:44pm
oOHang em highOo:
Sowing Season:
It guess it kinda encourages teenies but why should they have to change their live show for some kids who probably won't even like My Chem next year. My Chem shows have also had a lot of sex and swearing. Why should they change because of they have more younger fans? Maybe young kids shouldn't listen to My Chem.

- Yer!
If there that bovered they should just not listen or ignore it

But how how young? I mean I'm 13 and I worship the ground they walk on Wink I listen to ALL their albums,Bullets might even be my favorite! I think "Frerard" is a good "message" to homophobics but when it stops being a message it's just "hot" .
I mean seriously Frerard rocks! It's really helping us on our way into not being homophobic,but it seems to not be a message,it seems like it's just fun to be "sexy" on stage and do dirty things to get a rise out of people.
I mean I don't mind,seriously I can get pretty teenie for Gerard but the music should come first
HeadfirstHalo
Killjoy
HeadfirstHalo
August 7th, 2007 at 09:01pm
Like many people have said, this has been going on for the duration of their time as a band. I don't agree with anyone saying it affects the performance in a negative way, it's not making them play worse/sing worse or skip parts of songs so they can just make out is it?

I've always thought it went with the flow, they're playing with passion and it's just a further expression. People go crazy over it, but again, I hate how you seem to think that defines the quality of a fan. I love all the albums but if you over hear me say I approve of the action on stage at a concert are you going to call me a teenie?

I also hate how you guys think that people will go just for that, what planet do you live on exactly? I find it hard to imagine that people who AREN'T part of this fandom already will get to hear about this sort of thing. It's not exactly the talk of the town, the only people who care about frerard are the people who are already fans, or other people who happen to see it at a festival. So it's not going to attract some mad rush of teenagers, desperate to see the band live so they can maybe see Gerard rub franks chest, or a kiss if they're lucky.
skeleton00x
Jazz Hands
skeleton00x
August 7th, 2007 at 09:05pm
Its not like Frerard is something new.
They are obviously comfortable with it.
The music should come first, but its not like you can make all the teenies change, and tell the band to change the way they act on stage.
I would never call myself a teenie. But you make it seem bad that people have different opinions on the way they act onstage. I feel that there grown men and there probably going to do stuff like this.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 7th, 2007 at 09:40pm
HeadfirstHalo:

I also hate how you guys think that people will go just for that, what planet do you live on exactly? I find it hard to imagine that people who AREN'T part of this fandom already will get to hear about this sort of thing. It's not exactly the talk of the town, the only people who care about frerard are the people who are already fans, or other people who happen to see it at a festival. So it's not going to attract some mad rush of teenagers, desperate to see the band live so they can maybe see Gerard rub franks chest, or a kiss if they're lucky.

Im never really going to leave their fan base, but think about all the people who might. All the parents looking over their young daughters/sons shoulders and seeing the lead singer grope himself? Kiss the guitarist? I mean they might not WANT to become an ex fan but be realistic, some parents are NEVER going to allow it!
And if the person comes from a homophobic family then theres absolutely no way the family will stand for it!

Charli:

I have a question. Because surely if only the music matters then it's only the music you notice? Even though they are interacting more they are producing some of the best performances ever.

Just a suggestion.

So if the performance is all about music, then why should they do it? Theres no reason to. And imagine all the kids who are going and have to go with parents, are the parents ever going to allow them to go to a concert again?
Think about some of the younger fans, or fans who think this is downright inappropriate.

And I know its been going on for a long time, but why has it suddenly exploded now?
What about the guys GF's?

But let me ask you this, why have they replaced the life changing speeches for this?
I mean that was something to be proud about! And now.... I cant explain why they do it to other people if they ask me...

fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 7th, 2007 at 10:18pm
I have no problem with Frerard but that's just me.
The guys are obviously comfortable with it and they fully aware that some fans are expressing their talent of writing by writing stories about the guys doing sexual things with eachother.
it's not that much of a big deal.
Frerard has been going on for a while now. It's not anything that just happened out of no where.
As for there girlfriends, if they did mind Frerard, etc. the guys probably wouldn't do it but at the moment it doesn't seem like the mind too much.

I can see how it can be inapporiate for younger fans and some parents may not like it but then again you have think about the the fan base and how old most of of the people that listen to MCR and go to their concerts. Most of us are in our teens. We are smart enuogh to just deal with Freard and what not.

Frerard isn't that bad. If you don't like it then ignore it. The guys are having fun. They don't have to be serious all the time.
And the thign about being proud of them, there is sooo much to be proud about with MCR.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 7th, 2007 at 10:34pm
Exactly "I'm about to Break" Now , inbetween they're getting eachother to take their shirts off and messing with himself which is FINE. It's funny and we love our Gee! But when it REPLACES the AMAZING speeches,that's when itr gets annoying. Or when it's JUST for shock value.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 7th, 2007 at 10:35pm
I'm About To Break.:
Im never really going to leave their fan base, but think about all the people who might. All the parents looking over their young daughters/sons shoulders and seeing the lead singer grope himself? Kiss the guitarist? I mean they might not WANT to become an ex fan but be realistic, some parents are NEVER going to allow it!
And if the person comes from a homophobic family then theres absolutely no way the family will stand for it![/color] [/font] [/size]

So if the performance is all about music, then why should they do it? Theres no reason to. And imagine all the kids who are going and have to go with parents, are the parents ever going to allow them to go to a concert again?
Think about some of the younger fans, or fans who think this is downright inappropriate.

And I know its been going on for a long time, but why has it suddenly exploded now?
What about the guys GF's?

But let me ask you this, why have they replaced the life changing speeches for this?
I mean that was something to be proud about! And now.... I cant explain why they do it to other people if they ask me...

It hasn't suddenly exploded, I just think it's noticed more now because interaction like that hasn't been going on on a lot of TBP tour. It's only now, I feel, they are performing as My Chemical Romance again.

You say about the parents being against this but is that not exactly what the guys are trying to tackle? How is that not life changing? It's no different than a guy groping a female dancer onstage. I feel they are more noble in a way because they are making a statement sometimes and parents pick that up. They are telling people it's okay to be this and it IS okay. How do you know that someone watching that show might find the courage to tell their parents they are gay?

The messages are there but not as obvious. Such as Gerard telling the guys, and only the guys to take their shirts off. That's a thing they have stuck with. Respecting women, respecting other people. Making people are okay in the mosh pit and stuff like that. I think the most important thing they teach is respect.
Just because they aren't changing your life right now doesn't mean they aren't changing someone else's.
Damage Control.
Salute You in Your Grave
Damage Control.
August 7th, 2007 at 10:44pm
Frerard is kinda creepy. Just the fact that people take the time out to write about band members having "relations" with eachother is really weird. Waycest is a lot worse though.